January 2013 Moms

Random question...

Are any of you still using onesies? B lived in t-shirts and shorts all summer. She has a few long-sleeved onesies that I just found, and want to use, as it's like 39 out right now.

No real point to this other than I can't believe my kid is so big and so not a little onesie-wearing baby anymore!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Random question...

• I just bought some for under jammies at night. It's gonna be a cold winter. Down to 30 tonight, but will probably use them in jan and feb when we leave the house cuz so cold.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I found a few that were given to us. I actually cut the bottoms off of them and sewed a hem into them to make them t-shirts. They were long enough, so it worked out well.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Loading the player...
  • No, DS soothes himself by rubbing his belly button. Also, they made diaper changing more difficult.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• DS is too big for onesies now. He's 30lbs and they just make him look like a stuffed sausage, which can't be comfortable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't know if we needed them still, but then it got cold and her little belly inevitably sticks out when I carry her still, so we got some. I hate the diaper changes, but at least she won't freeze, lol.
  • We have some 24 month ones.  Some of her favorite shirts are thinner or short sleeved so i use the long sleeved ones to wear under them.  The short sleeved ones I used under her jammies but last week we made the switch from fotted jammies to two piece nonfooted ones and moving towards a bigger blanket in bed instead.  So far they are wokring fine without and once the current ones get too small I won't be getting more.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We only use them as pajamas. We have had a couple days where we have gone to get dd in the morning and she has removed her clothing and diaper. She hasn't tried to undo onesies yet. We only have a couple 24 month ones that just fit her. After that I don't know what we are going to do.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• DD calls them "baby shirts", she doesn't wear onesies anymore. She likes to play with her belly button when she's napping and so onesies started really stressing her out when we were transitioning to "normal" clothes and then we dropped the onesies quickly.
  • We still use some onesies. Especially as it gets colder, I like to layer with them, but even without layering we use them just as tops too. Some of DD's skirts look nicest with onesies.

• We were handed down a ton of them but honestly we haven't put them on him since he turned 1. That is a great idea making them into t-shirts, I'll have to try that! I might keep some to wear under sleepers or clothes this winter. They are predicting a very very cold winter here. Uhg!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• as soon as i saw her size came snapless i ditched those things...so annoying!
    i'm honestly not looking forward to having to snap them again....
    same thing with one piece pjs...as soon as her size had 2 pieces, or even nightgowns we switched to that....she can't sit still long enough to put pants on let alone do up a bunch of snaps

• We stopped using them around March when he grew out of the 18 month onesies. Didn't bother buying any 24 months ones since we wouldn't use them much this summer. I have recently bought some plain white hanes tees to put under some of his cotton long sleeve shirts when it is a bit chilly out now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Just shirts and pants over here now, but onsies and rompers were a godsend when DS went through a pulling poop out of his diaper phase around 14 months and relapsed a couple months ago. Ugh! So gross.
  • We don't do onesies anymore, but I do have 2T and 3T fleece, one-piece PJs (the kind with feet attached) to get us through the cold winters up here. 
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • We ditched them here too. DS just wasn't having it anymore and he's so big that he just looked so uncomfortable in them.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"