3rd Trimester

baby name spelling...need help!

Which spelling is best/easiest on the eyes/makes most sense for a BOY.....

Piercen
Pierson
Pearson
Pearcen
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: baby name spelling...need help!

• It's a surname that we are using as a first name. No need to be bitchy....I didn't make it up. I have seen these spellings and wanted opinions on what looks best spelled out, that's all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Spell it the same way the original last name is spelled.
  • Pearson?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Piercen looks ok to me

• I know two people with this last name. One is Pierson and the other is Pearson. I personally like the look of Pierson best if you're going to use for it a first name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like "Pierson" best. :)
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Some people are really rude behind keyboards. I like Pierson and just so you know Pearson is a large education company if that makes a difference. It would to me but just because I'm a teacher and see it all the time.
  • How about just Pierce if you're going for a first name? 

I like this idea best

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • VegasChz said:
    Some people are really rude behind keyboards. I like Pierson and just so you know Pearson is a large education company if that makes a difference. It would to me but just because I'm a teacher and see it all the time.
    You really are.  Try to learn from this and do better next time. 
  • lovelongdog06lovelongdog06 member
    edited October 2014
    One vote for Pierson. I don't think it sounds as bad as others have mentioned.
  • None if them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Pierson. It makes the most sense to me because it's like pier + son. The other could be mispronounced "pear" like the fruit.

I have no problem with last names as first names, other than the fact that it can be confusing to people sometimes.
  • I'm personally a fan of surnames as first names. It's all your opinion.

I do know someone with the surname Pearson.

I like the spelling Pearson or Pierson. More eye appealing.
  • EmmaJean224EmmaJean224 member
    edited October 2014
    Pierson or Pearson. Sorry for the rude responses and people suggesting other names. Some people choose not to exercise their right to not comment if they have nothing nice to say. :)
  • Totally agree... one bummer about these forums is you can't silence others when they are being hurtful and rude. She didn't ask if people like the name, but which version was more appealing to the eye. L2 use your manners. It is kind of sad that these are all grown ups who are about to parent children or are currently parents.

Anyways...I like Pierson :-)
  • lowen003 said:
    Totally agree... one bummer about these forums is you can't silence others when they are being hurtful and rude. She didn't ask if people like the name, but which version was more appealing to the eye. L2 use your manners. It is kind of sad that these are all grown ups who are about to parent children or are currently parents. Anyways...I like Pierson :-)

Agreed!
  • I think the name Pierson is cute.  I can't imagine his name coming across an employers desk and not get the job because of Pierson.  I have heard and seen a lot worse.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • suncakesuncake member
    edited October 2014
    The first. Piersen or Pierson. Not pear- ×××
  • I grew up in a town with a large Swedish population, my family included. Pearson was actually a very common last name, so it isn't weird to me at all. I don't know if I would choose it for a first name, but I would go with Pearson or Pierson if you choose to go ths route.
  • lowen003lowen003 member
    edited October 2014
  • Pierson or Pearson. Sorry for the rude responses and people suggesting other names. Some people choose not to exercise their right to not comment if they have nothing nice to say. :)

I don't see any "rude" responses. May I suggest more reading comprehension or a refresher on your eye glass prescription?

What I see is alternative suggestions & very real issues being discussed. Just because "all the original poster wanted" was opinions on the spelling does not mean that's all she will get.

Public forum means that a thread can go any way. It's a shame that some here choose to react in immature ways that lack awareness of a bigger picture.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Also what adult types "L2 use your manners"?!?!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Why do people get so surprised when they ask for an opinion and get an opinion? It's a public forum and people will respond how they see fit.
    I prefer Pierson.
  • Oh, I'm sorry I hurt all of your feelings... apparently I was wrong, and you all are clearly a rational and kind group of women... not. It's okay though... I know hormones can affect your ability to function as a decent human being, so you will get there soon; however I can't promise you that those canine teeth of yours will shrink back to their normal size. In the mean time, I chose NOT to roll in the mud with pigs (or ravenous angry hormonal wolves, as is the case here), but you ladies enjoy the mud bath! App deleted.   :-h
  • I like Pierson.
  • The person who came in slinging mud is now calling everyone else pigs?!   @lowen003 You're even more clueless than I thought.   

Bye girl...
  • lowen003 said:

Oh, I'm sorry I hurt all of your feelings... apparently I was wrong, and you all are clearly a rational and kind group of women... not. It's okay though... I know hormones can affect your ability to function as a decent human being, so you will get there soon; however I can't promise you that those canine teeth of yours will shrink back to their normal size. In the mean time, I chose NOT to roll in the mud with pigs (or ravenous angry hormonal wolves, as is the case here), but you ladies enjoy the mud bath! App deleted.   :-h

*meantime
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"