March 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Food Thread

2»

Re: Baby Food Thread

• Options

Those of you making your own purée food, have you ever given already made/store bought? We are going to be out of town this weekend, and I'm thinking it will be easier to have already packaged food since we will be on the go quite a bit.

If so, how did LO like it, and what brand is the best?

We gave Gerber prunes because we were in need of poop help and didn't have time to figure out how to make them. She did fine and loved them. I have a few on hand in case she gets constipated again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since I'm tired of banging my head against a wall in frustration with my mom...we just started solids two weeks ago. Started with cereal for a couple days and now we've done a couple veggies and fruits once a day. How long did you guys do solids once a day once you started? I'm thinking maybe next week or the week after to do breakfast and lunch or dinner. I don't see a reason to rush this since most of her nutrition should still be coming from milk/formula at this point. Yes, I realize I'm the mom so I make the rules but I'm just asking because I want to know what others did.
    @northernlights We started with one food once a day for about 2 and a half weeks. Then, went to twice a day. Next week I'll start with 3 times a day. 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Colson started solids at 4&1/2 mo, dinner for a month then adding lunch for a month we are on week 3 for breakfast as well.
  • Options
    I did cereal once a  day for a week then started 3 small meals a day, at dinner only I would try a new food for 4 days in a row.  then it would go into the other two meal rotation at daycare . 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did it once a day for a week then went to twice a day.
    Since we're on the topic, when did everyone go to three days a week? And do you guys keep feeding until they refuse or do you give a certain amount each day?

• Options
    We're barely working up to twice a day, but DD's eating schedule had changed quite a bit. She will only take 1-2 3-4oz bottles and 2tbsp of solids while I'm at work and then cluster feeds when I pick her up. I don't want to do solids too often because I'm worried she won't eat (drink) enough BM.

Any others experiencing the same eating change?
  • Options
    ladies i need help! 

Did you try anything new in the last week? apples - loved it and ate 1 teaspoon at a time, butternut squash - not a fan and actually threw up each time he tried it. I am doing on veggie or fruit for 3 days to make sure there is no reaction.

Do you plan to try anything new in the next week? Pear, i have a feeling he will like this, he liked apple and banana.

Questions or concerns? how do i get Lucas to eat more! like i mentioned before he likes banana and apple, and the most he has eaten a one time is one table spoon, otherwise he spits food out, gags and sometimes even throws up the milk he had before he ate (i breastfeed before solid)

We started at 6 mo (a month ago) and we've tried avocado, carrots, peas, banana, sweet potato, apple and butternut squash. one thing i'm concerned about is that he barely ate anything of each veggie, i want to start mixing stuff he liked with stuff he didn't can i do that at this point? or my mom mentioned making a veggie soup with the veggies he has tried and use a little bit of salt or even cook some chicken and puree it, am i able to that now? 

i have not given him any cereals, and i make my own food since i got the baby bullet for my shower, not opposed to jar food, but i kind of like knowing what is in his food and its cheaper.

GTKY: What's your favorite meal of the day? hmm this one is a toughie, i'd say dinner, since it's prob the bigger meal i have in the day ha!

• Options
    @RoxyV111582‌ how soon after bf are you feeding solids? If it's within an hour, maybe he's just not that hungry so he only eats a little bit.
    Once you cleared a food, you can mix it with other things. So mixing things he didn't love with food he liked will be fine.
    My pedi said no added salt or sugars at this point. Other seasonings are okay but should be introduced with the 3-4 day waiting rule as with foods.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options
    RoxyV111582RoxyV111582 member
    edited October 2014
    @katka512 hmm yeah i do feed him solid fairly soon after i breastfeed, i'll space it out more. i figured it would be too early for salt, but other seosings, i can work with that. i'll give it a try maybe he will respond better to a bit of mixed veggie and fruit. thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"