High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

low progesterone levels that are still rising?

I found out i was pregnant at 3 weeks and 4 days and i'm now 5 weeks and 5 days. The day I found out I was pregnant my Progesterone level was at 4.3, and at 5 weeks 2 days my progesterone level was at 5.9. 

i know my levels are low but my levels are at least increasing (very slowly) and have never dropped at all. My HCG is completely normal and I have never spotted at all during this pregnancy. 

my symptoms are not disappearing at all and at 5 weeks 2 days we saw a yolk sac and gestational sac. 

my question, is it a good sign at least that even with low progesterone they are continuing to rise (i know they aren't rising at a "quick" rate but at least they keep rising at every beta test i get done...i have had 4 beta tests so far)?

oh and i also have a corpus luteum cyst that showed up on my ultrasound, is that good?

Re: low progesterone levels that are still rising?

• Options
    I'm having low progesterone readings as well. My doc put me on progesterone pills to help.
  • Options
    she offered the oral progesterone but i will NOT take it because even though some people don't get many side effects some of the rare ones that have the potential to happen to anyone are terrible and very life threatening (ie. mini stroke) i actually read a few reviews on it where woman were in the hospital for days due to mini strokes.

my doc said the suppositories and the cream progesterone that she used to prescribe is not around anymore, at least within her reach? that worries me a lot because it's clear i need a supplement and i agree with the vaginal supplements but the oral is just a big NO-NO to me. 

do you think it is a good sign though that my progesterone has never dropped so far and that it is going up at a steady rate every time i get a new test (the only issue is that it's slow...) i've also not experienced any abnormal cramping and i have had no bleeding at all. my pregnancy symptoms have been getting stronger at times and everything has been developing normally on ultrasound. 

i'm hoping in 3 days at my next ultrasound that they can see a tiny baby or possibly a little heart beat because last week was just a gestational sac and yolk sac. today i am 6 weeks :)

how far along are you?
    what were your progesterone levels before starting supplements and were you having spotting or anything?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really can't answer any specifics as I'm just now going through this for the first time. I don't want to give you any inaccurate information. My first progesterone was 18.6 then lowered to 14 then 13 and then 11.2. I'm on 200 mg of oral dosage. I go Monday for a reading to see if it's helping raise them. I haven't had any spotting. I am currently 5 weeks 3 days. I have my first ultrasound next week. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I would think it's good that yours hasn't dropped but to be honest I know nothing about progesterone and hormones during pregnancy. I myself am seeking answers, as this is the furthest I've ever been. (Two miscarriages in the past). I hope everything works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"