I had 2 vaginal births and then a scheduled c-section last time b/c DD2 was breech.
My first delivery was an induction and progress was slow and very painful. I needed a lot of pitocin and then pushed for five hours. DD had some scary heart decals and was born grayish but pinked right up. It was kind of a long ordeal.
With my second, my water broke at 41 weeks but still had no contractions until they gave pitocin after waiting the max time (5 hours). Went much better overall, but still pushed 3 hours and they needed to use vacuum to get him out. That doc said I had a pelvic arch that makes it hard to get the baby out. Not sure what this means or whether it's true.
My 3rd was the planned c-section. Loved my c-section. My recovery was better than with the vaginal births and it was really nice not being super exhausted and beat up when the baby arrived.
I have been leaning heavily towards a repeat c-section but am not sure if I "should" be trying a VBAC. Doctor says I'm a great candidate since I had previous vaginal births and since I only had the last one b/c DD was breech, but I don't know if she's remembering my whole history. Needing pitocin and having long labors/pushing scares me and I am afraid I may well end up with an emergency C if I try a VBAC. But, the stats still all say a VBAC is the "safer" option.
If you are choosing a repeat C, what are your reasons? Just curious. Such a hard decision to make with little data to go on.