April 2015 Moms
Options

Team green thoughts

2»

Re: Team green thoughts

• Options
    DH and I are torn on if we want to be team green or just find out. I have a LOT of baby boy stuff from my last baby and my SIL has a LOT of baby girl stuff... and neither of us really want to store everything until April... 

Ugh, props to all you team green moms!
  • Options
    I checked in with DH a week or so ago expecting him to not care or want to find out. Team green was totally my idea that I threw out by asking if he'd be okay with it. I fully thought he was just doing what I wanted to make me happy.

However, his response surprised me. He said something to the effect of why
    I would change my mind, there's no reason to change plans, it'll be more exciting, etc. it was just what I needed to keep me strong.

He'll just have to do this a few more times until April.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not even a little tempted to find out!  I'll take all the extra motivation I can get on the big day. 

Bub's room is white and we're not planning on filling it with lots of stuff, at least not for the newborn stage. 
  • Options
    We are team green. I think we are more dedicated with this decision with our second than with our first. We adore our son, so if baby is a boy... Yay! Another boy to adore. If baby is a girl...yay! Something new! Really, a healthy baby is what all of us want. My husband said that with our first, he was wanting to know (but went along with it), but said he was so glad to have that surprise in the end. He loved walking out of the room and announcing to family, "it's a boy!" I feel that the moment the doctor said, "it's a boy!" Was such a happy moment. I want that moment again. :)
  • Options
    Team Green all the way!! I am not interested in doing a gender specific nursery regardless. We are planning on having our room like Andy's room in Toy Story which will be clouds in the walls and all the characters from the movie. Works for a boy or a girl!! I think people around me (friends and family) are more anxious that DH and I are!!
  • Options
    We are team green! We are planning a woodland animals themed nursery. Owls and other such animals. Family and friends think we are crazy, but my DH and I are happy about it so, that's all that matters!
  • Options
    We were team green with #1 and it was a wonderful surprise! It also made us very practical with our purchases and I can reuse everything from birth to 6 months. This time around I cannot wait! After 2 years TTC I am too excited to find out!
  • Options
    I really want to be team green but husband is very against it. (Basically told me he is going to found out whether I do or not). Seems unlikely I will be able to hold out the whole pregnancy without him being on board. Any suggestions/experience to get him on team green?
  • Options
    I was talking to a friend who couldn't believe I wouldn't find out. She is hoping I will have a girl and knows how much I would spoil her with all kinds of designer outfits. I said that should be more reason to not find out so I don't go overboard.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Well we lasted Team Green for all of about 10 minutes.... we got the genetic blood testing done and with it they provided the gender. We caved... but we won't tell anyone else for a while so at least it looks like we had some will power, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Team green! Team green with two of my three boys it's the absolute best surprise. I will need the extra motivation when it comes time to push!!! So exciting!
  • Options
    I think the team green thing is awesome. I was very whatever with our first, and now I want to know for room logistics. We kept our nursery stuff (woodland theme) and 0-3 months very gender neutral. But I also just like yellow and green!

• Options
    Want to wait until delivery if possible. Would definitely find out with any future pregnancy but the first is special. Plus green is my favorite color
  • Options
    SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    edited October 2014
    I scheduled our 3D ultrasound for next Friday. This is where they offer the sex determination.

I'm caving!!!!! DH says he wants to know so we can plan better but will go along with what I want. My sister says I should just cave and I can blame her, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are team green! We are planning a woodland animals themed nursery. Owls and other such animals. Family and friends think we are crazy, but my DH and I are happy about it so, that's all that matters!

Love it!  I almost went with that idea.  I found so many cute little clothes that had foxes on them that really would work for a boy or girl (even though they were the boy's line).  Then for decorating and bedding, I loved the Carters Forest Friends and Foxy and Friends items.  I wanted raccoons and foxes, DH wanted deer.  And all the owls were so cute.

Then when we found out, I went back to what I had originally wanted to do if we were having a girl.  I still will put a few little foxes in her room though. 

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15

imageimageimage

All Welcome 

• Options
    Team Green and our plan for the nursery is book-themed. All of our favorite stories, so that could really go either way. The walls in that room (it's currently our guest room) are pale yellow, white trim, hard wood wide plank floors, and warm wood furniture. I'm not sure exactly what will stay ( probably the dresser, at least) when we make the switch but I love planning for it!
  • Options
    I am Team Green!!

! This is our first pregnancy and not knowing is more important to my husband than it is to me so I am going along with him. Of course I initially wanted to know bc I am a planner and thought I needed to plan the nursery... but it turns out that I LOVE the gender neutral nurseries I am finding online (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, Etc).  All neutral colors and then once baby is born you can add pops of color.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm totally Team Green though my husband would prefer to know.  I'm overruling him because I'm doing all the work!  :-)

Still, I'm finding it's difficult to keep from finding out.  The genetic counselor after my MaterniT21 almost told me accidentally.  Then today the nurse had to choose her words carefully with regards to my results so she wouldn't inadvertently tell me. 

I also want a 3-D ultrasound WITHOUT the gender identification just because I want a picture of the baby's face.  We'll see if they can do it.
  • Options

I'm totally Team Green though my husband would prefer to know.  I'm overruling him because I'm doing all the work!  :-)

Still, I'm finding it's difficult to keep from finding out.  The genetic counselor after my MaterniT21 almost told me accidentally.  Then today the nurse had to choose her words carefully with regards to my results so she wouldn't inadvertently tell me. 

I also want a 3-D ultrasound WITHOUT the gender identification just because I want a picture of the baby's face.  We'll see if they can do it.

That's the idea for my 3D but I'm struggling to stay green.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I would like to be team green - and I listed my name on the Excel sheet as team green - but I have a sneaky suspicion that as soon as I CAN find out - I will fold like a house of cards and find out just what we have growing in there!!!

I'm so weak

• Options
    I wasn't Team Green for my first pregnancy, nor will I be this one, but I did want to weigh in support for those who are and also support for 'non standard gender nursery decorating/clothing etc. 

With my first, I wanted to know so I could, like many, Mom's 'prepare'  but ALSO, it helped avoid needless potential issues debating names for both genders.  As we found out we were having a GIRL it saved me  a round of 'no...I'm really not comfortable with naming my Son the exact same name as his grandpa'...while I believe my Hubs would understand and we would have reached a compromise, it was just a non-issue once we found out 'GIRL' so I didn't need to voice any concerns and/or risk hurting my hubby's feelings -Hubby is named after HIS grandfather so there is a 'pattern'. 

Still, I loathe jamming cartoon princesses and sparkles and pink down little girls throats 'just because that is what girls should like'  Furthermore, since we always planned on having more than one child, I saw no real need to make a girlie nursery, pick girlie carseats, pack in plays etc.  Anything that I believed 'might be used again one day' I tried hard to be gender-neutral with. 

And well, tbh while I respect waiting until the moment the child is born to find out, it's still a surprise (and exciting) to find out early.   But to those of you willing to dodge the gender reveal for 20ish weeks (when your dr/midwife knows and could spill the beans at any moment) good for you :)

The MAIN reason we will find out 'boy or girl' this pregnancy though is so that we can prepare my daughter to accept a brother or sister outcome weeks before the baby is here.  She really wants a little sister (for now....this summer if you asked her, it was a brother she wanted more than anything).  I just feel she'll have an easier time being excited and feeling involved if she knows before the baby is born what type of sibling she gets.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I find all of you ladies that have the willpower to stay team green absolutely amazing! I could never do it, not only do I just look forward to when we find out the gender but also because I love getting to do a gender reveal party with my family, everyone gets super excited.
    But we are in pretty good luck because with DD we did whinne the pooh for her nursery very neutral and fits for quite a few years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"