Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday

Cycle/Month:

CD:

What are you doing to get pregnant?

Rants/raves/ chart stalks:

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume?

Re: WTO Thursday

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 10/10. Double digits, sigh.

CD: 1

What are you doing to get pregnant? Just wishing my cramps would stop. I got shit to do today.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: see above

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? Last year my dog and I went as The Incredibles. He wore a red tshirt with a logo pinned to it, and I had the same plus a black mini, red tights, and black boots. We handed out candy like that. The neighborhood kids thought it was pretty funny.

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Sep14: 7DPO testing for short LP - low progesterone (4.9ng/mL)
    Sep14: DH SA - low motility (3-)
    Oct14:  repeat 7DPO testing - low progesterone (1.8ng/mL)
    Oct14: tv u/s with OB - "beautiful uterus," no cysts, offered Clomid, no thank you
    Current DX: weak ovulation/low progesterone with MFI
    Oct14: RE consult
    Oct14: CD3bloodwork - elevated AMH (5.1ng/mL)
    Nov14: HSG (all clear)
    IUI#1 Nov14: 5mg letrozole + IUI = bfn
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 5

What are you doing to get pregnant? Temping, CM check, BD.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: My first cycle temping I had an 8 day luteal phase and this past cycle it was only 7 days. My overall cycles have been 32 and 35 days. Any advice on this?

I was Queen Frostine from Candyland.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @IslandDreamin‌ the generally accepted belief is contact your doctor/OB if you have 3 consecutive cycles with an LP less than 10 days. How long were your LPs for Cycles 2&3? I would wait to see how this cycle plays out first.

Eta more words

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    Oct14: tv u/s with OB - "beautiful uterus," no cysts, offered Clomid, no thank you
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 4

CD: 16

What are you doing to get pregnant? temping, opks, eod

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: huge temp drop this am, but i slept like crap so probably that

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? Nothing for me growing up that I can think of, but last year our 18 mo old went as Calvin with a stuffed Hobbes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 4/4

CD: 1 womp womp. Kind of relieved tho after a 16 day LP. Just excited to try again this month.

What are you doing to get pregnant? Currently nothing. Ick.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: can I get a chart stalk for last cycle? I found it strange that after I put my temp in this morning FF moved my crosshairs to CD18. Then later when I put my menses info in it put the crosshairs back on CD16. Is there a reason for that? I'm guessing it didn't like that it would have been day 17 of my LP if AF hadn't shown today. Thoughts?

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? In college I dressed as a loofa one year. Yes a loofa. As in a shower sponge. Basically just a ball of tulle. I got lots of compliments are originality haha.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • Options
    Hugs for the CD1 ladies!

Cycle/month: 3/4

Cd: 13

What are we doing? Green tea, enough water to make me constantly feel like I'm peeing myself, PNV, OPKs, temping.

Rants/raves/chart stalks: I cannot entice DH to have sex, and I had to sit with him last night to make sure he in fact wanted to TTGP right now. He said of course he's just been tired. I'm about to burst from frustration. Ugh. I feel like we're going to miss this month and my 7dpo progesterone check will be worthless.

And my chart is weird...
    Http://FertilityFriend.com/home/46f9e5

GTKY: I love Halloween and October in General but I'm not much for costumes. Lame I know. But the year I was managing the bar, I dressed as a firefighter with a water backpack and made shots I could dispense from the hose. It was awesome.
  • Options
    @Islanddreamin - sorry for CD1, but I have to say, I love your villain choice. A Little Princess is one of my favorite movies and when I was a kid, I wanted to be her. I want to play on elephants, go to boarding school, become an orphan, and then have my dad come back to find me and get that old hag arrested.

Cycle/Month: 12/10

CD: 8

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Just got my OPK's in the mail. Besides one cycle, I typically O around day 12-16 so I am going to pee on one today. Very exciting stuff.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? A couple of years ago, I was a bumble bee and DH was a bee keeper. I had a super cute costume, but DH had this full bee keeper suit with mask. I thought it looked hilarious. We have also been Batman and Batwoman, Fred and Wilma, and Tequila Shooters. I love Halloween :)
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge - Workout Fails

Married 11/14/09
    Me: 27
    DH: 33
    TTC #1 since 1/1/14
  • Options
    @emt16‌ I've traded my usual huge tshirt for slips, given him massages once we're in bed, saying I'm ovulating, jumping him, nothing's working. My OPKs are getting darker and I'm thinking we're taking a break. I don't want to be an insensitive partner and "make" him if he's not feeling it. But it's making me very emotional. I know it can take a year and I'm very prepared for that. I'm not prepared for it to take longer because we miss my FW months on end with him not being into it.
  • Options
    @akovacs4‌ we had a time like that, probably right around cycle 4, too. Not saying this is the reason for you, but for us it was just that my DH didn't understand the logistics of baby making. So I had a come to jesus with him and explained that if I said we should have sex, it was because we *needed* to have sex in order to not waste the month of TTC. Now he knows if I make any references to having sex, it's because it's important that day. Which really means a lot after a 90 hour work week for him and a 14 hour day on my feet for me!

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    @virginiaorjohn, we hit double digits this month, too. So disappointing. And seeing the look on DH's face yesterday when I told him it was CD1 nearly broke my heart.

Cycle/Month: 10/10

CD: CD2

What are you doing to get pregnant? Waiting for AF to leave, first and foremost. Then OPKs, PNVs, EOD once the OPK tells us it's time, temping, and DH is taking some supplements, too. Also water, exercise, eating healthier.

Rants/raves/chart stalks: My BFF had her baby on Tuesday. We started trying at the same time. I love her, I do. But I'm also insanely jealous at the moment. It's been hard on me, trying to be happy for her (this is baby number two for them, and getting pregnant with number one was extremely difficult) but also being sad for myself.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I really never did anything overly creative. Sadly. This year, I want to be a Barden Bella from Pitch Perfect. That's about as creative as I get... :/ I'm not very good at Halloween.
    Married to the love of my life since September 2013.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid
    12/14: Natural cycle = BFN
    1/15: Starting Femara for IUI #1

Chart Stalk Me
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
    TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
  • Options
    @akovacs4 and @emt16, I'm really sorry you're going through that with your DHs. Me and my DH went through something similar a few months ago. It was really hard on both of us, honestly. We had to sit down and have more than a few heart-to-hearts. It boiled down to him feeling more like he was just the baby maker. He felt used. It was really tough to work through. I stopped telling him when it was my FW for a while, and that seemed to help, along with more spontaneous sex (when he would come home for lunch, on weekend mornings, etc.) and doing more of what he likes.

He also has trouble with losing sensitivity when we've been doing EOD for a few times, so typically by O day, it's nearly impossible for him to finish, which is the entire point of the endeavor. That was weighing on his mind, too, so we've had to come up with workarounds. It's really helped our sex life.

/my story, basically just wanted to tell you two that it'll get better and to just make sure the lines of communication are always open between you and DH. I'm sure you know that already. And if you need to talk, I'm great at listening! **HUGS to both of you**
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid

Chart Stalk Me
  • Options
    @akovacs4‌ and @emt16‌ I totally agree with @Dbarar‌. Men aren't as interested in the science of TTC. Sometimes the pressure of perfect timing is too much. I don't tell DH when I'm ovulating. And I don't make sex a chore. If I know I'm ovulating I still make it fun and come on to him in a way he enjoys. Not just "time to have sex. Let's go". You still need to be romantic and sexy even if in your mind it's all about timing.

~**~Me (27) <3 DH (30)~**~
    **Love = August 12, 2012**
    **Marriage = July 4, 2014**
    **Baby Carriage = TBD**

Anniversary
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 3

CD: 22

What are you doing to get pregnant? Temping, opk's, ED sex in the FW.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: I'm so not into sex right now, I can't wait to O so I can get a break.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? A Lumberjack maybe.
    Married 5/31/10
    DS 10/31/12
    BFP 11/18/14
    EDD 7/31/15

July15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite holiday movie. Bad Santa!
  • Options
    Thank you for the support ladies!
  • Options
    bosco213bosco213 member
    edited October 2014
    Cycle/Month: 4/3

CD: 26...officially my longest cycle now

What are you doing to get pregnant? Trying to continue to have sex but getting a little worn down!

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Lots of rants today. Yesterday marked day 3 of positive OPKs and I had a ton (like, a gross amount) of EWCM last night after we (tried) to HIO. I noticed alot this morning too but so far I've had a neg OPK. If I don't have a temp spike tomorrow I will scream. To top it off, if I O today then I'll be 9DPO when I leave for Disney for 8 days, without DH. 

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? My most creative was probably a bunch of grapes. Last year my sister and I dressed up like Mike & Sully and our costumes were homemade and they came out awesome. This year my sister, Mom & I are dressing up as Pooh, Tigger & Piglet for Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    *Hugs* @Dbarar‌ and @virginiaorjohn

Boo to all the CD1's!

CD: 3

What are you doing to get pregnant?  Waiting on AF to leave

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: None right now

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I never really dress up for Halloween, but I also like seeing what everyone else comes up with!
  • Options
    @virginiaorjohn‌ I don't know since I have only temped for 2 cycles. My other two cycles were 28 days overall though. I have my annual appt with my obgyn on Monday. It sounds like he will tell me to keep monitoring it.

@rufus426‌ A Little Princess was a childhood favorite of mine too. I love the scene in which the girls imagine all the food and clothes and then they wake up to it. I need to get it on DVD!
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 6
    CD: 14
    What are you doing to get pregnant? chart temp, cp, cf and using opks this cycle- just so I have one more thing to stare at
    Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Just really hoping dh gets better very quickly!  He is/has been sick and its time to sex it up!
    Ugh and hugs to those having difficulty with timing with your dh's.  This is an ongoing battle for my dh and I.  There have been cycles, this go round and last time ttc where we did not have sex one time during my most fertile days.  The frustration and sadness that causes can cause major issues if not dealt with, in my opinion/experience.  Go easy on yourself and on your dh.  Even with one well timed session conception can occur and so I try to focus on that... it helps not put pressure on me/dh and I don't get ragey.  I second lingerie, massage, focusing on fun- even that is not enough some times for many reasons.  Best wishes
    Sorry for the cd1s!
    GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I was a pregnant hippie chic in college once, it was fun!  Tie dye tshirt, pillow stuffed in there, long skirt with sandals, head band and a beer in hand.  I think that is the most original I've done personally.
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 5

CD: 10

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything. EOD sex, temping, starting OPKs today, ultrasound monitoring

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Hail damage to my car is causing us stress, $10,500 worth of damage. Thank goodness for insurance. Trying to decide if putting money back into an older car to fix it or buying a newer car is the smarter financial route. I hate being an adult sometimes.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? As a child I was raggedy Anne and a few years ago my husband went as a giant banana and I went as a monkey.

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Options
    Cycle/Month:4

CD: 13

What are you doing to get pregnant? temping, OPK, softcups

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: my OPK still hasn't been positive, and I'm supposed to O tomorrow...

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I tried for a fairy with a pink dress and wings, but the awesome part was the headwreath I made. I took a fake crown and wove ivey, ferns, and flowers all around it. It was AWESOME.
    imageimage
    October siggy challenge: Villains
  • Options
    Cycle/Month: 2

What are you doing to get pregnant? EOD OPK, Temping CM

Rants/raves/ chart stalks:  nothing....

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? when I was 12 or 13 I went as Mrs. Claus for halloween.... I didn't have to worry about anyone else having the same costume as me.
    January Siggy Challange- July 15

BabyFruit Tickerimage

• Options

Cycle/Month: 11 

CD: 20

What are you doing to get pregnant? Just WTO, everything else is getting boring now

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: none, life is boring

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I was a Greek goddess one year. Not original but hottest costume I have done…lol.

@virginiaorjohn-Sorry about double digits. That was my hardest cycle to hit.

@islanddreamin-If it happens another cycle it may be worth a call to your doc.

@mustloveerica-FF knows your LP should not be long if you are not pregnant so it may have thought you ovulated a little later since you had not gotten your period. Then when you did it went back to its original idea.

@akovacs4-FWIW your chart looks fine, and the check won’t be worthless, it will give you good information

@dbarar-I understand how you feel, in a sense. There are people on here who are now having babies that got pregnant around the time we started and while I am happy for them (some tried a long time) it makes me realize that could have been me. Hugs to you.

@kemcc13-I would write for a refund since they are damaged! They may give you new ones for free or a refund!

@rebecca+matt-you may not O when you think. I have O’d anywhere from CD 16 to 22 and last month it was CD 31! This is why temping/charting is so important (you may think you are late but haven’t even O’d yet)!

Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    • Cycle/Month: 12 (dum dum dum)

• CD: 1

• What are you doing to get pregnant? trying to get healthy ATM... giving deep thoughts about avoiding this month

• Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Last month was the first pretty chart with continual high temps post O... then AF comes today... :/

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I am not creative with this shit at all... for our last year at uni my house were generic male fantasies... I was the maid, we had a librarian, a tennis player and cheerleader.... 
  • Options

What are you doing to get pregnant? All the things (except OPKs) and all the sex.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Theoretically it's FW and DH gets off work early today and has a 4 day weekend!!!!

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? When I was about 10 or 11, me and a friend made a 2-person horse costume. It was pretty awesome, but uncomfortable to wear!
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words @cateyes543‌, it means a lot!

@CaveWmnInBrit‌ I totally understand maybe wanting to take a break. TTC is exhausting, physically and emotionally.

Married 9/2007
    TTC #1 since 1/2014
    IUI#2 Dec14
  • Options
    @cavewmninbrit-So sorry about cycle 12-that has to be a hit in the gut. Hugs to you. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for getting us started, @IslandDreamin!

Great persistence with Circuit, @lovegrilledcheese :) Another Circuit-lover right here...

@emt16 & @akovacs - I had H watch The Great Sperm Race on Vimeo with me and that really helped him understand timing...

Congrats on the new job, @Musikalbunni!

CD: 12

What are you doing to get pregnant? PNV, BBT, OPKs

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: I had a flat tire this morning that I noticed only after DH was long gone for work. The maintenance guys at my apt complex weren't "allowed" to help me change it due to "liability concerns." I live very close to a Discount Tire and they not only changed it out, but were so concerned about my other one that they gave me 2 new tires despite my not having bought my last ones from them. They told me to come back when I could pay them since I told them I didn't get paid until tomorrow and DH won't get paid 'til the 15th. We're trying not to finance things right now due to debt from DH breaking his ankle last year... Such a blessing!

GTKY: What was your most creative favorite Halloween costume?   Catwoman (for lyfe!) :)

I had him watch it thinking it would help. No luck
  • Options
    @JustinsLovo I know, no one mentioned all the bills! Every single person in our office building has damage and most cars were totaled, Colorado has crazy weather! 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 

• Options
    @CaitOst21, holy wow! I missed your first post somehow, but oh my gosh! That is an insane amount of hail damage! I'm so sorry

Chart Stalk Me
  • Options
    @Dbarar Thanks! It will work out one way or another, just a pain. I hate dealing with everything car related! 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013

• Options

CD: 15

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything! Trying to keep up with EOD

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: just waiting for O! Kinda hoping it waits till after this weekend

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? We were pebbles and bam bam in college.

@wineandwalter‌ sorry about your thermometer. I thought it was bad that my cat steals it and runs around the house!
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    fmf5fmf5 member
    edited October 2014
    @Dbarar‌ I understand completely. I haven't been trying as long as you have so I know it's harder for you but one of my friends had her baby a few weeks ago then my other friend just found out she was pregnant so I'm a little on the jealous side :( hope it will happen for us both very soon!

**Hugs** for all the ladies having troubles TTC or going through it right now.

CD: 15

What are you doing to get pregnant? BBT, OPK, PNV, EOD

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: CD15 and O hasn't showed yet. I know sometimes it don't come til the 20s or later so I'm just hopeful it will come soon.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I haven't dressed up too creative. This year tho SO and I may be going to a Halloween ball so we will be dressing up pretty creative. Maybe Marvel characters or something cool that matches.

Edit: took out a word
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I love all hugs and support you guys give!

Chart Stalk Me
  • Options

CD: 2

What are you doing to get pregnant? Nothing at the moment. Give me two weeks.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Just waiting for the period to stop.

I don't really do Halloween, however, my dad stuck a bunch of dryer sheets to a grey sweatshirt/sweat pants and called me dryer lint one year...

DH 28, Me 28
    TTC September 2014
    Moderate-Severe Endo
    Hypothyroidism
    Surgery 2/10- successful

• Options

CD: 20

What are you doing to get pregnant? - The usual.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: My body has been trolling me for the last two months and I am NOT PLEASED. It surprised me with an early period last month, and this month has just been dragging with no ovulation yet. Grumble grumble boo hiss.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? - One year I went as Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • Options

CD: 9

What are you doing to get pregnant? temping, ed sex since cd7

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: this is my first cycle temping and i started cd6 and its driving me crazy. First, my dog ate my thermometer after 2 days, and i think i had the thermometer not really in me the second day because it gave me a super low temp. the past two days are a huge difference from the first 2, and i think it's because of the new thermometer and the fact that my bedroom has been as hot as the pits of fucking hell lately.  I don't have a clue, but now i'm freaking out that I O'd super early and missed it this cycle. 

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I dont think i've ever had a really creative costume, but my most recent was a quick change costume that switched from a sailor to a mermaid. I loved it, it was super cute.
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Cycle/Month: 11/10

CD: 1. I'm currently drinking. 

What are you doing to get pregnant? Everything I can think of...

Rants/raves/ chart stalks: Really thought last cycle was the one. Never ad that happen before where I was so sure. Cannot tell you how devastating it was to get AF this time around. It's starting the get to DH. He said something today about it not being fair that we cant get pregnant. We talked about options and testing if I'm not pregnant by the year mark.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume? I'm not super creative but got a lot of compliments last year on my witch costume. I went all out and did a makeup tutorial I found to get spiderwebs and spiders on my face. Turned out pretty good. 
  • Options
    @wineandwalter‌ if your dog has an iron stomach and eats everything, it's very possible! Thanks :)
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi - Can I come out of lurking?

What are you doing to get pregnant? Not spending a week in Disney World...planning on getting a bbt from Amazon.

Rants/raves/ chart stalks:  Would it be ok to use a regular thermometer until the bbt comes in if I order one?  Just to get into the habit.  I'm all about my free two day shipping.

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume?  Either the jar of jelly beans as a kid (until it looked like I was pooping jelly beans out of the leg holes by the end of the night) or "spice girls" by taping spices to our regular clothes...really creative.
    Stashes are deeply personal.
    Me 27 ~ DH 30
    Married 6/9/12
    TTC #1 Since 09/2014
  • Options

What are you doing to get pregnant?  Last couple months I did all the things, but this time I'm not.  Just pnv and sex, really. 

Rants/raves/ chart stalks:  Rave - Had a lot of fun playing CAH with some ladies on here!  Also, it's ALMOST FRIDAY!  *dances*  Looking forward to a relaxing weekend...

GTKY: What was your most creative Halloween costume?  I went as a skeleton once - but it was like, a bad ass skeleton.  

TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"