November 2014 Moms
Options

There's an App for That!

Im sorry if this has been discussed, just did a quick search and didnt see anything...

Last night I got my first set of false labor contractions - yipeeeee (said with sarcasm).  While on the phone with my OB, she asked how long they were and how they were changing over time.  Um ya - not something I was tracking, as I was doing everything I could not to freak out.  Today, I'm thinking, there's gotta be an app for that!  Anyone know of a great contraction timer/ something that tracks progression of contractions.  I googled, but would prefer real life user feedback :)  Also, while we're at it - any STM have any advice on great breastfeeding apps?

Thanks ladies! 
BabyFetus Ticker
EDD 11.16.14 :)

Re: There's an App for That!

• Options

I lived by the Baby Connect app with DS.  It keeps track of feedings (which side, how long, etc.), pumping, bottles, dirty diapers, when he slept, etc.  It was really nice during those first few delirious weeks!

Can't help you with the contraction timer though.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Wow if there's not a contraction timer out yet, I see a business opportunity. I guess you get first dibs
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just searched for contraction timer on the app store and found a few free ones. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know if it's any good. I do use a baby kick timer I found too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ccam said:

I lived by the Baby Connect app with DS.  It keeps track of feedings (which side, how long, etc.), pumping, bottles, dirty diapers, when he slept, etc.  It was really nice during those first few delirious weeks!

Can't help you with the contraction timer though.

This! The great thing with Baby Connect is that is syncs across phones, so I'd always know how much he'd slept and eaten when DH was with him. Loved it.

I never used a contraction timer but I know they're out there, let us know if you find a good one!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was just searching for apps last night as my heartburn kept me up well past 3 am.  I downloaded "contraction timer" from the play store (I have an android) which seems pretty comprehensive.  I noticed there is an apple version that has cool charts, colors etc though.  I'm going to have to check out baby connect but they probably don't make it for android :(
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• Options
    @aa98  I just looked for the Baby Connect app for android & it is available.  They have a trial version & the full app is $4.99.
    N'14 November Siggy Challenge:  Straight up celebration!

P.S.  I love the 90s.  
  • Options
    @freetobekristin Awesome, thx, I'll check it out.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• Options
    Based on iTunes reviews, I just downloaded Full Term Labor Contraction Timer.  I'll play around with it and report back!  If anyone has used one that they like, let us know!  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD 11.16.14 :)
  • Options
    My L&D class teacher told us about full term and app on IPhone that is really good. I have not used it but I played with it. I tried to attach the pic of the app but mobile bumping blows.. But it is a pic of a black and white sono.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Full term - my friend used this app for her contractions and said it was a great help!
  • Options
    I searched "contraction timer" in the Android Play Store and downloaded the second option by the developer Ian Lake. I liked it... until I found it won't save from one counting session to the other. So I can't go back and say "well, yesterday I had contractions that looked like this, today they look like this" etc. I might just go on a downloading spree and play with them until I find one that will save sessions.
    I downloaded the first one, but haven't really tested it out.  I'll do that today and update.

The baby kick counter I have doesn't save any of the data either so I record it in a separate spreadsheet.  It's a little annoying though as it seems like it's a simple option to add (not that I would know -I'm not a programmer).
    BabyFruit Ticker

Our first!!!

• Options
    I used one with my son. I don't remember the name. I don't think it saved sessions, but I could be wrong. I am not sure that it matters to me about saving sessions- if the contractions continue and are regular enough I called in. If they stopped, then I didn't really need the info because it wasn't labor.

But, if you track and keep a log about contraction patterns, you are far more prepared than I will ever be.
  • Options
    @aa98‌ I have an android and the baby connect app. I tried out the trial, loved it and bought the full version.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    I use Full term (Apple iPhone). I've had braxton hicks contractions since 30 weeks, so my dr wanted me to keep track. This app is super easy to use and I can answer any questions (how far apart are they, how long do they last, how many did you have the past hour, how strong are they?)
  • Options
    I downloaded Full Term a few weeks ago but have yet to try it out. I've been getting a ton of BH but nothing that I feel is timer-worthy yet.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"