November 2014 Moms
Options

Baby has dropped

my man isn't due until the 29th of November. But the past two days he has dropped. So much so everyone can tell and I can breath and eat again. He's still moving a lot, but my question is, is he going to come early or has he just dropped? I went to my OB 2 weeks ago and he said man is head and face down. I also am having lack of discharge. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I am a first time mom and don't know what to expect. Any advice would be amazing thank you!

Re: Baby has dropped

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I hate the "FTM and don't know what to expect" cop-out. Did you ask your OB? Have you read any pregnancy books? Have you done any research? 

Being a FTM doesn't automatically mean you get a free pass to be stupid. Yes, you're asking us - but we are not professionals and have no idea of what your pregnancy has been like because you've never posted here before (except for the due date & team thread, and most of the posters on that thread were randoms that never came back)

The fact that you're referring to the baby as "your man" kinda weirds me out. 
    Lady, that was rude. I go to my OB today and just wanted the opinions of others before I ask him. Yes I call him "man". I hear "little man" too much and I like "man". If you weren't going to answer my question I don't see the point in replying. I had a still born at 22 weeks and he dropped then and past away. I didn't feel the need in explaining my sad sappy story with everyone. And it wasn't a stupid question. I did Google and I have read... There was absolutely no point in being rude.
  • Options
    It is a stupid question, though. Will I have my baby early? How the hell would we know? The more appropriate question would be "could this be an indicator that labor might be in the nearer future?" If you read any of the posts over the last 2 weeks numerous people have commented about being dilated and effaced at various stages for days/weeks/months and didn't go into labor. So, without having any idea what your body is doing, being unable to predict futures, and just having to take your word that the baby dropped and presumably engaged (without medical confirmation), what do you expect?
  • Options
    Was the vagina angle a question or statement?
  • Options
    @Kristy774‌ Valid point, and her ob had said it was down, so I was mistaken, but if it was a concern about labor, the ob would have brought it up 2 weeks ago. If she googled it, she would have seen that the first 5 results say it can happen 2-4 weeks before delivery for FTM, but that you can't predict whether that is the case for you. So, instead of asking about indicators, experiences, or knowledge others have had with dropping, engagement, head down, she asked us to predict what is going on with her body. And that annoys me to no end lately.
  • Options
    The one thing that annoys me about snarky responses is that newb posts, whether dumb or not, turn into a LET US GLOMP ALL THE REGSfest. That's cool, but maybe keep those responses to the random thread, because they're not relevant? Idk.

Also OP, i def think you should have googled. I wouldnt have the balls to say your mention of a loss is bad or suspect (who am i to say that about YOUR loss?), but you def should have mentioned it. It's okay to be afraid based on history. Tons of people here have shaky histories and asked questions based on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"