Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Ear Piercing

Our first pediatrician would pierce ears in the office after the 4 month shots. However, we moved just before DD turned 4 months and her new doctor doesn't do it. I hadn't even looked into having it done because DD was going through this stage where she was always grabbing/holding/tugging her ears (which she has since stopped). Now that the ear grabbing has stopped and she is 5 months I would like to take her to get them pierced. 

If you've pierced your DD's ears, where did you have it done? How did you choose a place? 

Re: Ear Piercing

• Options
    Just did this last week, LO is 4m4w. We went to merle norman cosmetics, and it was a great experience, we made an appointment, everything was really sterile and the woman was so sweet! Call your local merle norman and ask about piercing for infants!

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:

Well in the interest of transparency here, I'm anti ear piercing on anyone not old enough to ask for it and take care of it themselves.

But IF I were into it, I'd do it either really young, before they have any hand control, or after a year old.  Teething babies tug on their ears and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm pro piercing but I agree that once they have hand control it's so hard. My little sister ripped her earrings out a couple days after getting them when she was about 6 months old and my mom was too afraid to get them redone. Mine were done when I was about a month old and never had an issue.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my baby's ears pierced a couple of weeks ago at Piercing Pagoda in the mall.  She is 3 months old and we haven't had any issues.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm with @Kimbus22.

We had my DD's ears pierced this past May at 7 1/2 years old.  We went to an actual piercing parlor that sells medical grade jewelry and uses needles and not guns.  Even with doing so, DD's became infected 4 months later and the earring ended up embedded in her ear.  We had to take her back to the parlor to get a longer bar for the earring.  This also happened to my niece so it's not uncommon.  Just be sure to clean them well and salt water is really good too!  Also, apparently it's no longer recommended to turn them.
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    We also went to Piercing Pagoda at 3m 2w and have had no issues
  • Options
    I don't want to sound old-fashioned, but could anyone explain me why do moms pierce their babies' ears? I had my ears pierced when I was 13...
  • Options
    I don't want to sound old-fashioned, but could anyone explain me why do moms pierce their babies' ears? I had my ears pierced when I was 13...
    Same here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"