Preemies

Rock and Plays for preemies?

I also posted this on te multiples board. We have rock and plays for our babies to sleep in. However now I'm starting to worry that because they are not a flat surface that it won't allow our preemie twins to breath right. We are bringing one baby home today and I need something for them to sleep in. What is everyone's experience with Rock n plays?

Re: Rock and Plays for preemies?

• I didn't have a rock 'n play, but our first preemie home slept in a bouncer for the first.. two months?  I couldn't get the bassinet to the point where it helped her reflux, so we set the bouncers next to the bed where she (and a month later her sister) could see me and propped the front of them up on a pillow so they were laying back and it worked great for us.  She breathed better that way.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

CafeMom Tickers
  • We used the RNP from the day we brought our daughter home, and she was on oxygen. In fact, the RNP was fantastic because it also helped with her reflux. It was great because we could move it to the living room or bedroom easily, and we never had any issue with it. She was on oxygen for about 3-4 months after we came home.
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DrRx said:
    We used the RNP from the day we brought our daughter home, and she was on oxygen. In fact, the RNP was fantastic because it also helped with her reflux. It was great because we could move it to the living room or bedroom easily, and we never had any issue with it. She was on oxygen for about 3-4 months after we came home.

This exactly. We had LO on O2 from the time she came home for about three months after and she slept in the RNP from day one. I loved that I could move her around the house in it too. She developed some reflux issues and it helped with that also. I only moved her into the crib because she was starting to roll around in the RNP, which seemed like a slight safety hazard ;)

Congrats on bringing one of your little ones home :)

• We used one from about 2 months on. It seriously saved our sanity on a number of occasions. We had an apnea monitor, too, and it never affected her breathing. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• DrRx said:

We used the RNP from the day we brought our daughter home, and she was on oxygen. In fact, the RNP was fantastic because it also helped with her reflux. It was great because we could move it to the living room or bedroom easily, and we never had any issue with it. She was on oxygen for about 3-4 months after we came home.

All this. I love our RnP. It helped a ton with reflux. Now my daughter uses it.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• I put DD in her crib in our room to sleep from day 1, but would use the RNP some nights when I couldn't get her back to sleep. I'd put her in it by my side of the bed so I could reach my arm out and rock her. She would also use it during the day at times. If you're concerned, could you put her in the PNP instead so she'll be flat?

imageimage
  • We used the RNP for 11 months (just the basic one). At first, we swaddled and used the boppy noggin nest and I loved it because it kept her chin off of her chest. Once we stopped swaddling, I put a couple of layers of felt behind the cover so it was a bit softer. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • We love our RnP! I used it for DS1 (32 weeker) for about 5 months until we transitioned to the crib. With DS2 (36 weeker), we used it for about 3-4 months. We still use it when he's sick.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My son was in his RNP for the first few months. 
  • Dd was in her rnp for a few months and did great. Also transitioned well to her crib.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loved the RNP - was key for reflux. We received it as a gift from a college friend who is also a NICU nurse, so I felt pretty comfortable using it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"