Trouble TTC
Options

Bad IF day yesterday ***PG/LO mentioned (not mine)***

So yesterday was test day (12dpiui) and I got a BFN. I'm [sort of] holding out hope because no AF yet, and I'll retest again. So it wasn't a total fail. But, it was still a BFN. And I was feeling down and really defeated. So we went to my most favorite Mexican place for dinner (because duh, good food cures the blues). We were seated right next to a biracial couple (just like us) and they had a newborn baby. I tried to ignore it. But then the new mom started talking to a mixed family also sitting next to us, and asked where their children were adopted from (which I thought was rude, just because there are black kids with white adults doesn't mean they were adopted, or from another country, but maybe that's just me ). The ppl said the 2 kids were adopted from the Congo.. And the 3rd was their own. The classic story... as soon as they adopted she got PG. Then the table on the other side of them chimed in. They just went and saw their sons and daughter in laws sonogram, and we're told they were going to be grandparents for the first time (the expecting parents were also at dinner). {{Queue the round of applause}} So then the 3 tables started discussing names, tips for newborns, how adorable each other's kids were, etc. REALLY!?! I almost felt like I was being punked. I have never been around so much fertileness in my life! It took everything I had not to cry into my fajitas. Bless MH because he tried so hard to keep my attention on other things because he could see I was getting upset. I managed to hold it together, but I can't lie, when I got home I medicated with the yummy yummy chocolate my sock buddy sent me (thanks @Laurensc927!). Hoping today goes a little better.. And FX that I end up getting my BFP.

Thanks for listening friends. <3
:: Me: 30 ~ DH: 27 ::
   :: TTC since Oct 2013 ~ NTNP since Dec 2010 ::
:: DX: PCOS Characteristics & MFI ::
~May 2014: 1st Consult with RE~
~SA #1/#2 (low on all #'s), HSG (found non-threatening uterine fibroid)~
~*1500mg Metformin Daily*~
*June: Medicated Cycle #1: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN* 
*July: Medicated Cycle #2: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
 *Aug: Medicated Cycle #3: 5mg Letrozole + Trigger + TI + Progesterone = BFN*
*Sept: IUI #1: 5mg Letrozole + Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone = BFN*
Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
*Currently on a Break*
~*All Welcome*~

::: 3T November Siggy Challenge: Animals Being Jerks:::

Re: Bad IF day yesterday ***PG/LO mentioned (not mine)***

• Options
    Hahaha @iPutKetchupOnKetchup‌ i NEVER order frozen drinks for that reason!!! Unfortunately I made a deal with MH that while we go thru the fertility treatments I will only drink during AF. {{lamesauce}} Otherwise I would've taken full advantage of the margaritas special and he would've been carrying my out of there lol.

And @laurensc927 more chocolate would have been dangerous lol.
    Possibly Looking at IVF.. RE Suggested DH See a Urologist Before Moving On With Treatments 
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

• Options
    UGH! So sorry for the BFN. Just when you're trying to make yourself feel better, BAM. Take care of yourself today. I understand all too well seeing a family that would resemble your own being a hard trigger to ignore.

Me: 28  MH:35

Married September 2012. TTC since September 2013

June 2014 - Dx w/ significant PCOS and referred to RE.

July/August 2014 - Testing complete: Testosterone & AMH very high, FSH slightly high, Vitamin D low, tubes and lining all lovely. DH SA: A+

Cycle 1 (Nov 2014): 2.5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI = BFN

Cycle 2 (Dec 2014): 5 mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

Cycle 3 (Jan 2015): 5mg Letrozole/Ovidrel/TI - BFN

WTF consult scheduled for 1/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds horrible. I am glad you had some yummy chocolate at home to gobble up. Crossing my fingers for a BFP.
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    hrushka said:

That seriously sounds like a sitcom or something. You must live in an eerily friendly city. Where I'm from, we don't talk to people we don't know. ;) 

I think it was the margaritas talking lol :))
    *Currently on a Break*
    ~*All Welcome*~

• Options
    That sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to sit through that!

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    Oh my goodness, that's such insane over-the-top timing! I can't believe you had to deal with that. Sounds like the kind of moment where you just have to laugh so you don't cry.

12DPO BFNs are the worst because there is just no way to know it there's still a chance. I feel like 11DPO feels like it could be too early, and 13DPO is late enough that you can pretty much give up, but 12DPO is this crazy making BFN day. :(

I hope you get your BFP soon.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    I am so sorry about the sucky situation. Serious props for making it all the way through dinner though. I would have either been a sobbing mess or have hulked out on someone. I really hope it turns around for you. My fingers are crossed :)
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    Omg, how awful! MH is the type to talk to every person ever, but I'm not (grew up in a big city, he's a small town boy) so I hate small talk to begin with. But that?? I would have asked for another table. I'm sorry :( All the chocolate for you!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    I'm so sorry about the BFN, and the absolutely shitty dining experience!!! It seems like when we are already feeling low is when those "fertile run-ins" become even more likely. I hope you are feeling a bit better now, and my fingers are crossed that you get your BFP soon!

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"