March 2015 Moms
Options

My Sweet Summer Is Gone.. (random thread)

Re: My Sweet Summer Is Gone.. (random thread)

• Options
    It's going to be 100 here today. I'm also very ready for cooler weather and even some much needed rain. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting better from this cold and ready to enjoy my weekend.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kcbizme said:
    My SO's mom asked me the other night if I would let her in the delivery room.. I'm really not sure how I feel about that.

I have already made it very clear to everyone that DH will be the only one allowed in the delivery room with me. We will call everyone to let them know when it is happening, but won't let anyone see us and LO until they move us from labor and delivery to the mother and baby wing. just my personal preference on everything, but you should do whatever you think will be best for you, baby and SO.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    myjessesgirlmyjessesgirl member
    edited October 2014
    kcbizme said:

TikTak said:

kcbizme said:

My SO's mom asked me the other night if I would let her in the delivery room.. I'm really not sure how I feel about that.

Only do it if YOU feel comfortable. Remember--you and baby are the patients, and it's not about anyone else. Don't let anyone pressure you.

I agree.  Don't let anyone pressure you.  You should be the one to make the final call on that decision for sure.
    ~quote fail~ (edit)

Oh I told her it's going to depend on how I feel that day, how the whole day is going and how many people are allowed in the room. And if I'm not feeling her being in there, I have no problem telling her to gtfo.

---- edit ---- quote ends here ----

I already had the chat with both my MIL and my mom. I decided that I want neither of them in the room. They were really good about understanding. My mom lives about 4 hours away, so it would be unreasonable to expect her to come. And I really would prefer having fewer people with me. However, my husband gets queasy at the site of blood, so I needed someone as my sort of backup. I asked my SIL, who just delivered her second baby at the same hospital I'll be using, and I think she will act as the perfect mediator.
  • Options
    DH wants me to make breakfast this morning but I do not feel like cooking at all. I would much rather go out for breakfast, but he says he doesn't want to leave the house today.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @cesquer‌ I'm also in the LA area and these 100+ degree days have got to go!! All of my maternity clothes I bought are for slightly cooler weather (like 60-70 since that's as cold as it gets by us).
    @ruemorgan‌ Thoughts and prayers <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of the delivery. I am so worried that I will be home alone with my two other kids. Then what do I do?? This has been on my mind ALOT lately! Or what if I am out with the kids shopping and my water breaks in the aisles? Clean up on aisle 2? Ugh...
  • Options
    TikTak said:

I still don't understand why the F anyone would WANT to be in the delivery room while someone else is giving birth. It's not a pretty sight. 

When I had DD, I had my ex h in the room and my mom. I was in the Navy at the time and I lived about five hours away from home so I didn't get to see my mom often at all. She drove down and I said ok to her being in the room and I'm glad I did because she was so helpful and supportive and my Ex H was able to take breaks
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • Options
    My plan is no one but me and DH in the delivery room. Family is welcome to come visit after LO is born.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    rm2013rm2013 member
    edited October 2014
    @saucylittlemonkeygirl‌ - just ignore stargirlb. You don't have to take my word for it, i guess you missed that whole thing but most folks know about her. She posted on her home board about how she planned to come over here and get us riled up for funsies. Responding is what she wants. Give her crickets.

ETA - @chaysefaith and @mandjs this is in reference to the "yes or no" thread.

• Options
    I feel like I get hit on a lot more since I've been pregnant. . I'm not quite showing yet, but I've definitely got something..still looks like I'm holding on to a big lunch more than pregnant. But it's just weird, and makes me feel awkward. I had a man tell me at work as soon as his divorce was finalized he was going to come back and ask me out. I had another guy stop me while I was carrying drinks to a table to ask me out.. what is it?! I would never get hit on before. I can't even feel flattered because it catches me so off guard and then I think they're pervs because they're hitting on a pregnant woman...even though they don't know lol
  • Options
    @racegurl87‌ I live in a super small town too. Mine was elective but it was an hour away.

When we found out my mind went to "I am just glad the cords are between their legs and not somewhere dangerous." They did give us another appointment for free since they advertise that they can tell by 14 weeks. That will be on the 8th, and my next hospital u/s is the 20th. I don't think it is actually the a/s. it is to make sure that there are none of the more dangerous twin issues.

I agree with you that mentioned liking the electives. They are a lot more customer friendly, and some have beautiful rooms. At the same time they don't have the stress that hospital techs have. Either way I just love seeing my babies.
  • Options
    @CourtD2013‌ they haven't even called me to scheudle my as! It will be at least another 5 to 6 weeks for me to know the sex. I really wanted to know before our vaycay but I suppose beggers can't be choosers. Dh won't spend the money on an elective. I am 15 weeks tomorrow and didn't find out til 21 weeks with dd. At least I'll know before thanksgiving so I can tell fam them. I'm so late to the game this time!
    I am late to the game too and don't get to find out until 11/10 so I am anxiously waiting as well! I will also trade anyone their snow for the 95+ degrees it will be here today. It has been 90+ for months and I'm sure ready for it to cool off...

imageimage

Married August 31, 2013

BFP July 28, 2014 EDD March 26, 2015

• Options
    Everyone should click ignore on the visitor.
  • Options
    @saucylittlemonkeygirl‌ I am so horrified by your siggy challenge picture. Who the hell would think that's a good idea???

This weather? It sucks.  I'm a summer girl all the way and being cold and bundled up is not my idea of a good time. Blah!  Give me warm and beach and flip flops any day!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    @saucylittlemonkeygirl‌ I nominate you for winner already. Eep!

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Options
    I saw @saucylittlemonkeygirl 's pic when I was searching for mine -- I seriously thought I'd get banned for posting it. I was worried a sexual abuse survivor might be triggered by it... it is so fucking disturbing!! 
  • Options
    @janda426‌ Where are you finding these printed leggings??

H and I are off to a birthday party of our friends' 2 year old. Invite says bring bubbles, no presents, so H is off to grab bubbles while I get dressed.

It's at a nearby park...so we are going to ride our bikes there. Here's hoping pregnancy pedaling goes smoothly!

To the mamas in cold weather--keep warm!
  • Options
    kowyenkowyen member
    edited October 2014
    @saucylittlemonkeygirl

I'm sorry! I was mobile and it wouldn't link nor let me edit it. This should work better: 

ETA Link

imageimage

Married August 31, 2013

BFP July 28, 2014 EDD March 26, 2015

• Options
    mangomimosamangomimosa member
    edited October 2014
    I saw @saucylittlemonkeygirl 's pic when I was searching for mine -- I seriously thought I'd get banned for posting it. I was worried a sexual abuse survivor might be triggered by it... it is so fucking disturbing!! 
    OH gawd!!! I never even thought of that.... jebus! Nobody has said anything yet, so I think I'm OK?
    Yeah I think you're ok!
    ETA In my job I have to be careful about SA sensitivity so I think that's why I am on heightened alert ;p
  • Options
    Ladies, I am eating pizza and it is glorious! It's yummy mall pizza.

Also I applied for a part-time job today. I'm making it by with my full-time job but I don't know how I'm going to afford all the baby stuff I want/need so I figure people are hiring for the holidays, why not?
  • Options
    TikTak said:

Beamer14 said:

I feel like I get hit on a lot more since I've been pregnant. . I'm not quite showing yet, but I've definitely got something..still looks like I'm holding on to a big lunch more than pregnant. But it's just weird, and makes me feel awkward. I had a man tell me at work as soon as his divorce was finalized he was going to come back and ask me out. I had another guy stop me while I was carrying drinks to a table to ask me out.. what is it?! I would never get hit on before. I can't even feel flattered because it catches me so off guard and then I think they're pervs because they're hitting on a pregnant woman...even though they don't know lol

Yes! Last time I was pregnant I got hit on WAY more than usual. It was so bizarre. Once I was out to eat with my H and a guy gave me his number WHILE MY H WAS IN THE BATHROOM! Bold move dude! I keep meaning to google an explanation for the pregnancy fetish thing, but I don't want to search it at work.

I have no idea if I did this quote thing right...don't kill me if I failed! Lol
    Is it not just the weirdest thing?! I want to be flattered...but I feel gross! Maybe it's a subconscious thing? Men are so weird!
  • Options
    kcbizmekcbizme member
    edited October 2014
    @TikTak‌ That's insane. I would have probably told him exactly where he could shove it.

ETA anyone who would ask someone for their number while the person they're clearly on a date with its away from the table has poor morals IMO. No time for that. Rood!
  • Options
    Last weekend I got a Common Application email request to write a letter of recommendation for one of my former students for college apps. I was annoyed that she didn't ask me herself and so I waited to see if she would contact me before writing anything (knowing that there isn't a pressing deadline). Today I got a Facebook message from her that says, "Would you mind writing a letter of recommendation for my common app? I send the invite a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't sure if you've seen it yet." And that's it. Is it weird that I'm still annoyed? Now I'm annoyed that this was how she asked me. I'm glad she eventually asked, but it was obviously because I hadn't written anything yet. No "Hey Mrs. H, how are you doing?" Also, no "please" or "I would really appreciate it" or "thank you for your time." Ugh... maybe I'm too grumpy for my own good. Plus it was like 11:45pm last Saturday when I got the email request, not a couple of weeks ago, but that's not really the point. Of course I'm going to write the letter, but ughhhhhh........
    [-(
  • Options
    Last weekend I got a Common Application email request to write a letter of recommendation for one of my former students for college apps. I was annoyed that she didn't ask me herself and so I waited to see if she would contact me before writing anything (knowing that there isn't a pressing deadline). Today I got a Facebook message from her that says, "Would you mind writing a letter of recommendation for my common app? I send the invite a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't sure if you've seen it yet." And that's it. Is it weird that I'm still annoyed? Now I'm annoyed that this was how she asked me. I'm glad she eventually asked, but it was obviously because I hadn't written anything yet. No "Hey Mrs. H, how are you doing?" Also, no "please" or "I would really appreciate it" or "thank you for your time." Ugh... maybe I'm too grumpy for my own good. Plus it was like 11:45pm last Saturday when I got the email request, not a couple of weeks ago, but that's not really the point. Of course I'm going to write the letter, but ughhhhhh........
    [-(
    I'd be annoyed too, no worries.  I'd probably also follow up with a quick note mentioning that in the future, it's polite to ask first.  In this culture of me me me, kids don't always know the proper etiquette and somebody needs to be the first to tell them. When I coached high school cheer, I used to sit down with my juniors and seniors and talk about stuff like that--usually when I heard them all taking about and stressing over it!

• Options
    I am in bed still, I'm sick and alone (my DH is watching his brother while their mom is away at a conference for the last 2 days), it's 48 degrees and the window units are still in the windows, so the house is friggin freezing, and there is a marching drum band next door that has been practicing for 3 hours. Shoot me.
    Also, I made it to the kitchen garbage can in time to throw up, but I peed all over the floor.
    Life sure is an exciting adventure!
    I'm thinking of making cookies, anything to warm up the house until I can get the furnace to turn on.
  • Options
    MissyCeeMissyCee member
    edited October 2014
    [-(
    Wow that is so unbelievable! Heck I knew when I was that age you ask someone if you want a recommendation,. And then to not even say "please" or "thank you" is even more rude!

Edit: Just realized that is was ten frickin' years ago when I started applying for college. My gawd!

• Options
    Thanks @Chunkymonkeylvr‌ you too. I saw that you are sick as well.
  • Options
    Hey girls! I have been absent for a while because of some things going down.
    Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. We find out the sex Thursday!!!! Cannot wait!
    Also, I got called off from work today! Woot! Thinking about going to pet smart to get some sweaters for fudge. It's getting cold out here. Gotta finish making potato soup though. It's such a good feeling to finally have the stomach to cook again!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    createmagic14 Thanks. I intend to respond to her along those lines, but I definitely want to make sure my annoyance doesn't come through- just a sincere message that proper communication goes a long way. So I will work on that to make sure it doesn't just sound like a gripe because I definitely want it to be a teachable moment.

@MissyCee Yes- I feel so old!
  • Options
    @lark425 I hope you feel better stat! @kcbizme‌ - holy moly! There's no way I could imagine a 2nd job (but then again DD is my 2nd job really). Good luck but please don't overdo it!

• Options
    @janda426‌ Those are too adorable!!

Has ruemorgan updated today? I haven't seen anything and I wasn't sure if I missed it or she hadn't been on.

It is 60 here today...so we have the house all opened up and I'm drinking cup after cup of hot tea, yum! Got a loaf of wheat sandwich bread rising and snickerdoodles in the oven. I love fall weekends and second trimester energy!

@lorindriel‌ Is that tea good? I've heard several people recommend it and I was thinking of ordering some...I'm super picky about tea!!
  • Options
    @lorindriel‌ Thanks! I do a lot of herbal tea and love chamomile so I'll have to try it.
  • Options
    @rm2013‌ I've got to do something! SO is in school full-time and working part-time plus he has his LO a few days a week so there's not enough time for him to add anything else to his plate. I can handle it and we really need the extra. In the end it will all be worth it. I've done this before with a night shift full-time job so working around 8:30-5:30 M-F will be a piece of cake.
  • Options

[-(

My brother is finishing up community college and is applying for 4 year schools now. He was avoiding any school that required a letter of recommendation!!! He didn't feel confortable asking for one. I was floored, couldn't believe it. I told him to man up and lectured him for an hour on the proper way to ask and why he will need to do it 100 times in life. He isn't that much younger then me but the difference in age is very apparent.
  • Options
    Can you guys help me please...I have stuff in my signature box but when I post on any threads it doesn't show up. Do you just not see your own signature or does it appear as though I am doing something wrong. If there is nothing under this post then I am doing something wrong!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    Thank you @rm2013‌ and @jcar2 very much. You guys are sweet.

@lorindriel‌ that tea sounds really good! I'll have to check it out as well!

Oh hey the drumming has stopped finally! Yay! Now I can have some much needed peace and quiet.
  • Options
    @kellbell1982‌ haha I'd feel weird if it was a random, but we are very close and he knows about the pregnancy. It was nice catching up. The roommate situation is getting better. Best friend and I got on the same page and out other friend finally got their shit together to move out. That person was the main problem so I think it'll get better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"