VBAC
Options

anyone wish they'd done a second c section after Vbac?

Having a hard time deciding to try to labor again or schedule a section... hubby really wants me to have another c section. Thoughts?

Re: anyone wish they'd done a second c section after Vbac?

• Options
    Hindsight is always 20/20. I had a bad experience and of course if I could do over knowing what I know now, I would do a repeat section.

Unfortunately we don't have the ability to know how it will turn out before hand. I went in armed with the knowledge that this was the safest way to try to have my baby because we intended to have more and each additional section carried more risks.

There was no way to know that I would rupture taking away any possibility of any more pregnancies. But... Even after obsessively scouring the web and trying to find some reason that I should have known not to do a vbac, every thing I find suggests the vbac was my best bet and I was unlucky. Sucks, and I am sad we can't have anymore and I don't remember meeting my baby which was several hours after he was born. BUT we are healthy and happy and that makes it all okay.
  • Options
    Honestly recovery seems more rough to me. If we have another, I may consider a repeat Csection. I received a 3rd degree tear :( However, I would not change as I am glad I got the experience. Even if it was 29 hours and forceps assisted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ladies
  • Options
    Honestly recovery seems more rough to me. If we have another, I may consider a repeat Csection. I received a 3rd degree tear :( However, I would not change as I am glad I got the experience. Even if it was 29 hours and forceps assisted.
    Curious, did you have an epidural or pain meds? I've heard from a few sources that the pain meds can increase tearing since you can't feel your body's urges to push.

Also, what is recovery like for tearing? Stitches, I'm thinking, but not sure what else is involved. Does it take days/weeks/months to recover?  Are you experiencing any long-term issues?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Following

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rae_dylanzmom I had a second degree tear w my VBAC, and had a few stitches for it. I went med-free, and I didn't know I had torn until after the birth. Recovery wasn't bad, I felt pretty good after about 10 days or so...the first few days it was hard to sit in my tear, etc. but it was a quicker recovery than my c/s.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    I had a failed VBAC in Oct13....I don't regret trying at all! I was happy to experience labor, sad it didn't happen but now I know....and both DS and I were healthy in the end and that's most important...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    slugger1320 - good q, glad you asked.  Curious, why does your hubby want you to have a Csec?
  • Options
    I had a vaginal delivery with DD1. I had an epi that barely worked, so I could definitely feel the urge to push. I did tear, but just a bit. It only required a few stitches. Recovery from that delivery was a dream compared to my emergency c/s (breech). I hope to have a VBAC if we are blessed with #3.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited October 2014
    With my VBAC, I had a bad tear that almost ended up being a 4th degree tear but my mid-wife prevented it by giving me an episiotomy.  I had 40-50 stitches which totaled 7 sutures.  I did get an epidural so I didn't feel the pain when it happened or the repair but I was pretty sore during the recovery process. I was almost healed by my 6 week check up but, even now at 4 months pp, I still don't feel 100% like I did before having DS.  With that being said, I am glad I had a VBAC as I feel the entire experience was overall better. You can't just look at at the recovery part. With my c-section, I had the shakes horribly and couldn't even hold my DD for 2 hours.  I felt more in control with my VBAC and it was wonderful having him placed on my chest right away.  Now don't ask me what I would do if I were trying for a 3rd because I would be so dumbfounded. It would be like choosing the lesser of two evils!
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    I will absolutely have another VBAC and would not opt for C section after having both.  However, I think I was a little unprepared for the fact that you have to recover from a vaginal birth just as much as from a C section.  Its different, but its still a recovery.  Harder in some ways and easier in others.  I had built up the vaginal birth so much in my mind that I was actually a little let down/surprised.  It wasn't a perfect experience, but I think I learned that birthing is most likely never going to be completely as I envision it! 
  • Options
    vbac > csection for me. going for another vbac w/ the third. had a tear, can't remember what degree. it was painful but way better than the csection recovery. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"