Infertility
Options

Question about Hashimotos

Hi all, I've seen a lot of mention of Hashimoto's in people's siggies. Curious how you were diagnosed with this? I know my TSH levels were normal when tested in April -- but curious if that is all I should be checking or if TSH fluctuates?

Asking because my mom was diagnosed with Hashimoto's a few years ago. I suspect I'll inherit this, but imagined it would be later on in life. Gearing up for my 2nd round of IVF and just want to make sure I'm not overlooking another factor. 

Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------
Me: 33, "beyond stage 4" endo with bilateral endometriomas (removed Oct '13)
Him: 33, great

TTC since January 2013 (with 9-months off due to lap surgery & lingering Lupron)
IUI #1 with Letrozole 5mg - BFN (June 2014) 
IUI #2 with Letrozole 7.5mg- BFN (July 2014)

IVF #1 (Sept 2014) - Antagonist Protocol - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 2 fertilized normally. 
One embryo transferred on Day 3, one embryo allowed to develop further (but arrested). BFN. 

IVF #2 with ICSI (Dec 2014) - New clinic. 
Similar protocol, but tweaked -- estrogen priming instead of BCPs, higher dosage of Follistim, etc

image        image

Re: Question about Hashimotos

• Options
    Hi, i don't have it myself but I believe they test for the presence of thyroid antibodies for hashimotos. I would ask to have that done if you haven't already. GL!
    TTC #2 since 2011 (took 1.5 years to conceive spontaneously after multiple failed clomid cycles and 1 failed clomid +IUI)
    Me- PCOS, borderline hypothyroid
    Him- low concentration/count

Feb 2014- started acupuncture
    Feb 2014- BFP
    March 2014- m/c @ 5 weeks
    May 2014- HSG, all clear, started Synthroid, Femara 5mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN
    Waiting for new RE appointment end of July 2014

• Options
    The check your TSH and antibodies. I also had an ultrasound to confirm.
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sunny B said:
    The check your TSH and antibodies. I also had an ultrasound to confirm.
    This for me too.  
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, ladies!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Me: 33, "beyond stage 4" endo with bilateral endometriomas (removed Oct '13)
    Him: 33, great

TTC since January 2013 (with 9-months off due to lap surgery & lingering Lupron)
    IUI #1 with Letrozole 5mg - BFN (June 2014) 
    IUI #2 with Letrozole 7.5mg- BFN (July 2014)

IVF #1 (Sept 2014) - Antagonist Protocol - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 mature, 2 fertilized normally. 
    One embryo transferred on Day 3, one embryo allowed to develop further (but arrested). BFN. 

IVF #2 with ICSI (Dec 2014) - New clinic. 
    Similar protocol, but tweaked -- estrogen priming instead of BCPs, higher dosage of Follistim, etc

image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"