Health & Exercise

Spinning While Pregnant

I am getting ready to start TTC, and I currently do 3 Spin Classes a week.  I would love to continue to do Spin during pregnancy and have heard that it is possible, but I wondered if any other Spinners out there have had success with Spinning while pregnant?  

Re: Spinning While Pregnant

• I taught spin up until 2 weeks before I had my son.  We weren't able to get pregnant on our own due to some infertility issues and had to do IVF.  Just to be on the way extra safe side my doctor wanted me to cut back on my exercise and only let me walk.  After we got to 12 wks he gave me the all clear but just said to listen to my body and not over do it.  I loved being able to stay active and I really think it helped me bounce back after having my son. 
  • Thanks so much for the advice!  I figured, that if I am able to keep up with it, it would make it so much easier to bounce back.  I am currently in the best shape of my life and as selfish as it sounds I would hate to lose all of the work I have put into being in shape.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh it's not selfish, being in great shape can help the baby and you throughout the pregnancy and after.  I told my husband I wanted to be in great shape before I got pregnant and he would joke that the baby would just ruin it.  I was lucky and he LOVED my body prego and like I said I bounced back better then others I feel like and it was because of staying active and healthy.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"