January 2015 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions

Post your unpopular opinions here!

We've had plenty of UOs in other threads, but if you have others, please share.

Happy Thursday!

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• Options

I think veggies taste better than most sweets, with the exceptions of pineapple cake my Grandma makes and chocolate chip cookies.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate when people say that kids who go to daycare will have better immunity to colds etc. Is there a limit to how many colds one person can have in their lifetime? Pretty sure just because your around germs doesn't mean that they don't make you sick...maybe I'm wrong. And this is NOT to put down day care, its wonderful for a lot of reasons! But the fact that your kid may come home sick a lot because of all the germs is not a benefit because I still think they will get sick in kindergarten etc. 
  • Options

I think that letting pets sleep in bed with you is icky. The thought of dog hair on or around my pillow makes me want to puke. 

I agree to an extent. If it were up me, there would be no dogs on the bed in our house, but I married a man that came with a 6 year old dog that always slept with him. He's now 11 and extremely stubborn. If we don't let him on the bed to sleep he will pace and whine to make sure we stay up. Meh, our bedding gets washed regularly. I try not to think in detail about he brings to our sheets.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Maebb said:
    I get so annoyed by people who have their phone or tablet set to make the tapping noise every time they type a letter. I can't understand why anyone would prefer that setting.
    I actually like that setting but don't leave it on because I think it's annoying to others.  I can't even explain why I like that setting - I know it's weird.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    tkr7c9tkr7c9 member
    edited October 2014
    This maybe popular to everyone here, but is at least very unpopular to my husband...... 

I love either being able to not wear a bra (unfortunately only on the weekends) OR wearing some super soft and comfy (yet unflattering) sports bras (a few sizes larger than pre-pregnancy) with pads in them because anything I put around my rib cage makes the stretching feel so much more painful by the end of the day. 

DH says they are very unflattering and asked if I will be bringing sexy back after baby comes LOL (most of my "regular" bras are from Vicotrias Secret), but he understands why he is stuck seeing me wear these for a while. 
  • Options

I don't mind people (even strangers) touching my bump.

:-??

I guess I am weird!

And 100% in agreement with everything @ladyamanuet‌ and @Stargirlb‌ said. I love my pregnant body, wish I was in better fitness for comfort/health, and hate that society has created this ideal of "skinny is the only way to be healthy/beautiful".

Oh goodie! *touches southernyankeegirl's bump* ;)
  • Options
    I don't like the term "natural" birth and I keep seeing it a lot. I feel like that downplays other methods of birth and I can't stand that. I wish people would say "med free" or something instead. 
    I don't think any one should be down playing any type of birth. we all are doing what we have to do to get baby out safely. and even though it is the most natural thing in the world that doest make it the easiest thing to do.  I wish I could take meds lol but I react to everything so I have to tough it out but I think it would be so much easier to sleep and wake up and push
  • Options
    @ladyamanuet‌ - I completely agree, as a feminist I fully support a woman's right to control whatever happens to her body, including and especially who is allowed to touch her, when, and how.

I just personally don't mind! I think it's partially because I worked so hard for this bump that I am just thrilled to flaunt it. But I know other IF girls are completely the opposite, so it's probably still just that I am weird!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    I don't understand body image issues while pregnant.  I know a few women on this board are struggling with that, and I am genuinely sorry you feel that way about yourself.  I just don't understand it.  I just personally can't imagine being upset at someone commenting on the size of my bump. TOUCHING my bump is another story all together ;)

So I guess my UO is I can't wait to get bigger.  I was slightly overweight already before I got pregnant, and admit to having a few body image issues then, and doing some (but not enough) to get healthy. But now I look at that same body, only with more weight and a noticeable belly, and I swell with happiness. 

Promise I am not trying to downplay others issues, not trying to tell you to just get over it or anything - I just happen feel the exact opposite.

If I am lucky enough to get pregnant again, I do hope I am more fit before/during because I hope that that will mean more energy.  And a more pronounced bump.
    I understand what you are saying (I'm one of the ones struggling). I think part of my problem is I've never been this heavy. My whole family (minus one aunt and my grandfather) is overweight, and they all have health issues related to it; I don't want that to be me at 30- type 2 diabetic, heart problems, high blood pressure if I can help it (I know it's not guaranteed to keep these things away though). 

Some of mine also stem from growing up- my mother would buy me clothes two sizes too big so I could "grow into them." She would buy my shoes a full size up for the same reason. She continued to do this when I reached my max height (so far) at 5'2 in 9/10th grade. My feet have been the same size since 7/8th grade. 

I would love to be happy with my pregnancy body; I'm just not despite trying to be happy with it.
    OMG my parents did that with me.  I HATED it.  I never had anything that fit me correctly and I used to get made fun of for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lanatir said:
    I don't understand body image issues while pregnant.  I know a few women on this board are struggling with that, and I am genuinely sorry you feel that way about yourself.  I just don't understand it.  I just personally can't imagine being upset at someone commenting on the size of my bump. TOUCHING my bump is another story all together ;)

So I guess my UO is I can't wait to get bigger.  I was slightly overweight already before I got pregnant, and admit to having a few body image issues then, and doing some (but not enough) to get healthy. But now I look at that same body, only with more weight and a noticeable belly, and I swell with happiness. 

Promise I am not trying to downplay others issues, not trying to tell you to just get over it or anything - I just happen feel the exact opposite.

If I am lucky enough to get pregnant again, I do hope I am more fit before/during because I hope that that will mean more energy.  And a more pronounced bump.
    I understand what you are saying (I'm one of the ones struggling). I think part of my problem is I've never been this heavy. My whole family (minus one aunt and my grandfather) is overweight, and they all have health issues related to it; I don't want that to be me at 30- type 2 diabetic, heart problems, high blood pressure if I can help it (I know it's not guaranteed to keep these things away though). 

Some of mine also stem from growing up- my mother would buy me clothes two sizes too big so I could "grow into them." She would buy my shoes a full size up for the same reason. She continued to do this when I reached my max height (so far) at 5'2 in 9/10th grade. My feet have been the same size since 7/8th grade. 

I would love to be happy with my pregnancy body; I'm just not despite trying to be happy with it.
    OMG my parents did that with me.  I HATED it.  I never had anything that fit me correctly and I used to get made fun of for it.
    my mother was bad for this! I get it she worked hard single parent trying to get the most for her money... but holy damn woman... when I was 12 she bought me a size 13 mens! ski boots... I'd love them now for my hope chest :P but they were and still would be about 6 sizes bigger
  • Options
    @southernyankeegirl awwww omg adorable

my dog is in my bed right now too. She is small and mostly white and blends in with my white bedding so poor girl is always getting kicked, rolled on, and lost in the covers.
  • Options
    Eyefrog said:
    the need of some women to have their spouse at every appointment/ultrasound. its not really necessary, it doesn't make men who don't go any less loving or fatherly.
    Wait, you dislike someone's desire to have their husband at every appointment?  

Note:  my husband has not been at every appointment - he's only been to two which were both u/s - I'm just curious to see if I'm understanding your opinion correctly here
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Eyefrog said:
    the need of some women to have their spouse at every appointment/ultrasound. its not really necessary, it doesn't make men who don't go any less loving or fatherly.
    My grandma (who had 6 children) would not even allow my grandpa to attend her births. He would drop her off at the hospital and then pick her up after. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"