Pregnant after 35

Maternity Clothes? Ek!

I have been in need of some maternity clothes as of late and I gotta tell you I am very disappointed in the selection and prices of what I am finding (and not finding). I am a cheapo. Seriously. So you won't find me at some expensive joint. I have actually found some cute non-maternity tops at places like Old Navy and Catos and Target. I guess the great thing is I don't work so I don't have to have work clothes. Yoga pants are my friend right now. So I want to know where you ladies are shopping...
Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg

Re: Maternity Clothes? Ek!

• Good will, Salvation Army, garage sales! Haha I don't fit into much so buying 1 size larger of regular clothes.
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Oh yes. I have bought a couple pairs of pants/jeans at our goodwill. Not much luck in tops there
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited September 2014
    I don't need mat tops yet just buying some tops one size bigger. I wear mat jeans but they don't fit well. I got 2 pairs from Motherhood. I need a different size but to cheap to buy them hoping I will fit in them better as the wks go on.

I'm not an online shopper unless I know how they fit already so I haven't tried Old Navy. I never fit/liked their pants pre pregnancy so I'm not even going to try. I did buy a pair of yoga pants and I'm thankful I don't have to dress up for work!! I'm not finding anything that stands out for me either :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I have been shopping at the 2nd hand store that I buy my daughter's clothes (Kid to Kid) but I've only bought a couple of things so far. I've been perusing craigslist too, but haven't actually reached out to buy anything yet. Since this is my last child, I'm trying to refrain from buying anything new. :)
    1/1997 - DS
    9/1998 - Ectopic :: 4/2001 - M/C :: 8/2006 - Ectopic :: 4/2007 - M/C :: 8/2008 - Ectopic
    4/2010 - DD
    4/2012 - M/C
    6/2014 - Surprise Pregnancy at 42 yrs old! EDD 2/16/2015
    6/9 +HPT :: 6/10 hCG 383 :: 6/12 hCG 1190 :: 6/17 hCG 8224, Prog 26.4
    6/24 U/S #1 showing 6w2d CRL .43cm w/HB! :: 7/7 U/S #2 CRL 1.73cm w/strong HB!!
    7/31 NT Scan U/S #3 CRL 49mm, HB160 | MaterniT21 - Negative!!
    TEAM PINK
    9/2 - AFP Panel - Negative | U/S #4 HB150
    10/1 Anatomy U/S #5 | HB 134 | CPCs found, Trisomy 18 ruled out w/Mat21 on 7/31 | all other development normal!

11/24 - Glucose was normal at 94
    12/23 - BPP U/S #6 HB 138 :: 12/30 - BPP U/S #7 HB 159 :: 1/5 - BPP U/S #8 HB 154
    1/12 BPP/Growth U/S #9 HB 129, weighs 5lb 12oz already w/ 4 weeks to go!!
    1/20 BPP/Growth U/S#10 HB 155, weight 6lb 9oz :: 1/26 BPP U/S#11 HB153 :: 2/2 BPP U/S #12 HB 137 :: 2/9 BPP U/S #13 HB 150
    :::::::::: 2/12 - INDUCTION DAY!! ::::::::::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What size are you? In about 30 days I'll mail you all mine. Quite frankly I'm sick of seeing them and keep telling my DH since I'm never doing this again I'm having a maternity clothes bonfire!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• I am short and squatty to begin with. So I usually wear xl in shirts. 14/16 in pants. But I took my girls shopping yesterday for winter clothes and found a couple more tops for me. So hopefully I am good. I am just back to trying to find a good bra again. The ones I think are heavenly...end up hurting like hell after an hr. I am beginning to believe I will be stuck in a sports bra with the uniboob for the next 100 + days.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm just about 12 weeks now and being short and
  • Sorry got cut off... Being short and plus sized is very hard to find maternity pants that fit right and don't need to be hemmed.
  • I am short and squatty to begin with. So I usually wear xl in shirts. 14/16 in pants. But I took my girls shopping yesterday for winter clothes and found a couple more tops for me. So hopefully I am good. I am just back to trying to find a good bra again. The ones I think are heavenly...end up hurting like hell after an hr. I am beginning to believe I will be stuck in a sports bra with the uniboob for the next 100 + days.

Seriously PM your address I'll send it all! I have mostly xl and 16 pants I'm short though only 5'2" on a good day! LOL

IF History in my Bio!

Seriously PM your address I'll send it all! I have mostly xl and 16 pants I'm short though only 5'2" on a good day! LOL
    Reading fail! Just saw you're short too!

IF History in my Bio!

• Eee! I will when I get home. @JilliansMoma‌ and I will pay!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm super cheapo too and I bought my bare essentials at Walmart.com, they're the best for tops! For jeans I went with Old Navy, they just seemed better quality.
  • Since I never get hardly bigger or a big bump unless she fools me later on(lol) I just get larger size and after I'm done my mom can wear it all so it gets double uses!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I buy all mine second hand. i have good luck at Savers. There are also facebook maternity consignment groups you can join.
  • Is that whar Savers is?? We have one in the next town over. Will have to check it out
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Savers is a consignment store that's profit goes to charity. The ones by us give their money to epilepsy. I find the selection varies by location, but it is worth checking out. They should be having a 50% off sale on Colombus day. that is when all the clothes and bedding is 50%.
  • I got most of mine at Target, Old Navy (online), and Kohl's. Unfortunately I still need professional clothes to wear, and none of these tops really fit the bill. I had to splurge on a few pieces at Motherhood Maternity to get me through. I don't even like them. If you REALLY want to spend money, Ann Taylor Loft has a nice working woman's maternity wardrobe online.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• I cannot believe what a racquet maternity clothes are. I've largely gotten through the summer with knit skirts and dresses and some stretchy or oversized tops I already had. Plus some size large stretch pants. Fortunately I work in a very casual office and only occasionally need to dress in business clothes. But I'm rapidly growing out of everything. I've bought a couple maternity things from Old Navy. I also got a pair of jeans and a few fall tops at a consignment shop. Going to head to another consignment shop this weekend and I also have a few things on order from JCPenney - at least I can return in store if they don't work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had to buy maternity scrubs with the last baby. What a joke

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• There is no where to even buy new maternity clothes in my town! What a joke...makes me mad.The only place to get any is at the Goodwill. I did find a couple of things there the other day. With last baby I bought a bunch of tops from Walmart online and had them shipped to my store.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've actually had pretty good luck at this eBay store: https://stores.ebay.com/justplusfashionoutlet/Shop-Plus-Maternity-/_i.html?_fsub=2625747011&_sid=46819891&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

With being plus size, I couldn't found anything, so I was very happy when I finally found this store! I bought 6 shirts, a cardigan, a pair of jeans and semi-dress pants. 2 of the shirts are cotton, stretchy & comfy, they are my favorites from the bunch and they are a little bit thicker, so they'll be great as it gets cooler (this is one of them - https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PLUS-Size-Lilac-Convertible-Sleeve-Pintuck-Henley-Maternity-Top-1X-22-24W-/400727813841?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&hash=item5d4d3d2ed1).

They ship super fast and do returns as well, but have a pretty detailed sizing chart. 2 of the t-shirts were a little tight on my arms, but fit otherwise.

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • We really only have the one Maternity clothes store here and its really expensive - it's pretty much all online for shopping for me. But, I did find an H&M store on a recent trip to Melbourne and got some very reasonably priced tops and shirts - Their selection was a little small (but thats probably because its the first store in Australia) but maybe your H&M stores are good over there in the states?? and my American friend swears by target and Kmart....
    Good luck and all the best

p.s. I'm planning on selling all my maternity clothes as a bundle on our version of e-bay - it might be a good way of someone getting a bunch of stuff for a cheap price. maybe second hand online trade sites might be worth a look
  • @junismum‌ i have heard H&M have cute thjngs but I don't have one anywhere close. And I don't do well buying online. Target is good..for some things.

And i just noticed today our Motherhood went out of business.
    Pregnancy Ticker

•  I wear a uniform at work so I only bought casual everyday clothes. I got some nice stuff at Savers. I also ordered stuff like shorts and tshirts from Walmart online-my local one does not carry maternity but you can easily return anything bought online at the local store. They have good prices and size variety.

I also checked out a Old Navy that has maternity-they were ok not great but I got a few on sale things.

I need to hit up Savers again as the weather is changing and I'm due in a month-I only want a couple cheap long sleeve shirts and I might get some stretchy or yoga pants from walmart, just to get through!
  • I got lucky and found a couple pairs of maternity jeans on the clearance rack at Target for $10 each.  SO comfy, but the waistband is driving me crazy!  The elastic keeps folding over and rolling up inside.  Anyone else having this problem? 

BabyFruit Ticker

• GingerMommy315 yes! I found a pair on clearance too for the same price. but I also hate that band. drives me nuts that I have to work with it before I wear them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm actually having some luck finding some nice brands on sale at Amazon for $10.  Tops and dresses from Nom nom and Momo.  Also, I think Zulily has some good sales - I got some tank tops and leggings for a great price and good quality.  I got a few pieces at Gap Maternity when they had a 40% off sale.  Loft has a 40% of sale prices right now and some of the office pieces look really good, but I've yet to make a purchase.  I've had some good luck at Target sale racks too.  I've been looking on eBay but so much of the stuff looks shabby and worn out - it may just be the photos but they tend to look dingy to me.  

• Ross and Pink Blush online mainly. I have found really cute inexpensive at both
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"