Pregnant after 35
Options

Cervical polyps anyone?

I tried posting this in the birth club group and got no response. Maybe us "older" ladies might have some experience? :) 

So we just had our 8 week appointment a couple days ago and we saw the little Peanut and his/her little heart beating. All is well there. Doc noticed a tiny polyp on my cervix which he says explains the pink in the discharge I have been having. He didn't seem worried about it and says that it's completely normal due to the influx of hormones to that area. He's hoping it dissolves on its own. If not, he would consider taking it out. We'll reevaluate at the 12 week appointment. I started reading about it and saw it was more common with a second pregnancy (check) and if you are over 20 years old (double check!). Has anyone experienced this? I'm trying not to freak out . TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cervical polyps anyone?

• Options
    I had one in my third pregnancy.  I had bright red bleeding at 12 weeks and that was the only possible cause they could find.  My doctor put some silver nitrate on it.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    Funny you mention.  I had an U/S today because of terrible cramping and the tech said it was from a cyst dissolving.  It's not supposed to be harmful during pregnancy.  I'm waiting for them to send the results to my doctor so I can get a better explanation.  

Try not to freak! :)  I think it's pretty common.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
      Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @itsmevkb and @Lazzlee79 for sharing your experience! 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"