Parenting
Options

Wednesday Randoms

Re: Wednesday Randoms

• Options
    edited October 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    bearfootz said:

Can someone fold my blanket like this for me. Who wouldn't want to curl up in bed with that?

I know I would.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would like twenty minutes of no one touching me/no one crying because they aren't touching me.
    ::Hugs::  It gets easier, I promise.  It won't always be like this.

• Options
    I can not keep my 12 month old off the table and chairs. How many times a day can I pull him off the kitchen table?
    Ahhh my 18 mo is the same way. Makes me crazy.

• Options

Does anyone paint their fingernails? What kind of polish do you use?

Mine are usually naked but I like how they look painted, I just am having trouble finding polish that doesn't chip after a couple of days. I don't feel like the Essie or OPI are worth the money.

If I go for a manicure I am a fan of the shellac/gel but am not ready to make that kind of commitment to a color right now.

Sorry if I keep turning every randoms post into a beauty session.  The people I work with don't care to discuss this sort of stuff though.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    @bearfootz‌ I use Essie. I love essie a little too much. But the formula is good and I have some that are 3 years old and not even goopy. I do an essie base coat, 2 coats and a top coat. They last a week normally or more. Sometimes I just touch then up a bit to make it last longer.
  • Options
    Kiddo is napping now and I just stuffed me face with some leftover tater tot casserole..yum! It was my first time making it and it came out awesome! So easy too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    stra0111 said:
    @bearfootz‌ I use Essie. I love essie a little too much. But the formula is good and I have some that are 3 years old and not even goopy. I do an essie base coat, 2 coats and a top coat. They last a week normally or more. Sometimes I just touch then up a bit to make it last longer.

So maybe I just need to get the base and top coat. I have the "good to go", I think it's called. Is that considered a top coat or is it just for drying?

Last time I tried to paint my nails DD and DS decided they needed pedicures instead.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    I believe that is a top coat as well @bearfootz‌
  • Options

OMG this one girl I went to HS with always posts articles from satirical websites like the onion, empire news, etc and believes them. I've literally given her a list of websites that are satire and she still posts them and believes them. Today she posted one from empire news that said MTV was shooting a new show called "12 and Pregnant" and she put "omg I can't believe this, what the hell is next." *FACEPALM*

But if it's on the internet then it has to be true

seriously lol'ing at The Onion being used as a source for anything but entertainment

*Siggy Warning*

• Options

Work is totally kicking my ass lately. The State has such poor planning, then they just run us ragged trying to fix the problems that never would have been there if they had just left us alone. On the upside, we have yet another new process that should start soon, so that should help and we just have to get through it for now.

On a more fun note, we took P to the fair this weekend, and she LOVED it! She freaked however, when I tried to let her ride a pony. I wasn't even going to, but she saw them from far away and started shrieking "PONIES! HI PONIES!" and wanted to run over and pet them. I thought she'd like it, but clung to me for dear life when I tried to sit her in the saddle. At least she saved me five bucks.

image       image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Apparently he pooped 6 times today. Poop was normal. Soooo? He poops multiple times a day all the time. She knows this, because she tells me every time this happens. What does she want me to do about this? Plug him?

Ugh, you have to give sexual favors for that?  DH made out on this.

No, it's worth it, because if I had had to leave my conference call to hear about this friggin non event I would have been even more annoyed than I already obviously am.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options
    Thinking of you today @katnhiding‌!!
  • Options

Does anyone sell just the powdered cheese from box Mac and cheese? Like the packet in Annie's or Kraft? I would like a big container of that to add to my own noodles. This is genius.

Oooh now I want mac n cheese.
  • Options
    I've seen it at Bulk Barn @rainbowdasher‌
  • Options
    Oh I'm so so sorry @katnhiding‌, my heart breaks for you. I haven't been outside of this thread since this morning so if you posted elsewhere i missed it. Huge hugs to you girl :-<
  • Options
    I am suddenly overcome with guilt that I didn't bring any treats to school for A's birthday :/

You can always bring in something tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ds was in and out of urgent care and the ER this weekend for breathing issues due to bronchitis and possible asthma.  Now he has to see and ENT to possibly get his tonsils and adenoids removed.  He is all whacked out on steroids and I am trying to be patient with him, but he is driving me insane.

/dear diary

• Options
    pobrecita said:
    @FalconCrest‌ if he has to have that surgery don't let them prescribe him codeine.

____STUCK IN BOX___

Why?  @pobrecita

• Options
    I'm sorry about live blogging my work day, but a police officer spelled the word tourniquet "turn-a-kit" in a citation I just read and I'm dying.
    Amazing.

• Options
    stra0111stra0111 member
    edited October 2014
    @rainbowdasher I'll assume you live in the U.S. and they don't have them there? It's just a bulk food store. Everything from flour to candy to spices to pretzels to dog treats. All in big bins that you scoop from, fill a bag and then they weigh it and you pay. Do you have something like that?
  • Options
    Ugh. Its so cold and raw and rainy outside, so its chilly in the house. I need to get up and make coffee so I can motivate myself to chan ge and get ready for work, but kiddo is still napping and I'm snuggled under a blanket on the couch. Why can't the coffee just make itself????
  • Options
    This lady just brought shady looking insurance proof on a no insurance case and then when she got called out on her shady proof said the policy was actually in her aunt's name but she doesn't know her aunt's last name. You don't know your aunt's fucking name?! This is why my job makes me hate people.
    Sounds like my morning. I think we do the same thing on opposite sides, no? I sat through the other side making appearances on their client's behalf on about 30 dockets and each time I pointed out the case was 3+ months old and perhaps the client should come in and resolve their case.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    caladpi02 said:

This lady just brought shady looking insurance proof on a no insurance case and then when she got called out on her shady proof said the policy was actually in her aunt's name but she doesn't know her aunt's last name. You don't know your aunt's fucking name?!

This is why my job makes me hate people.

Sounds like my morning. I think we do the same thing on opposite sides, no? I sat through the other side making appearances on their client's behalf on about 30 dockets and each time I pointed out the case was 3+ months old and perhaps the client should come in and resolve their case.

I'm a prosecutor! So you do defense work?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    Holls2011 said:

But, I got here a half hour ago and still haven't seen anyone. I get a little annoyed only because I do this on my work lunch break.

I hope you are looking for a new doctor. I am sorry they are treating you like this.

• Options
    Holls2011 said:
    But, I got here a half hour ago and still haven't seen anyone. I get a little annoyed only because I do this on my work lunch break.

I hope they see you soon.  Waiting when you know you have to go back to work is the worst.
  • Options
    I have to do actual work today and its making my brain hurt.

*Siggy Warning*

• Options
    This lady just brought shady looking insurance proof on a no insurance case and then when she got called out on her shady proof said the policy was actually in her aunt's name but she doesn't know her aunt's last name. You don't know your aunt's fucking name?! This is why my job makes me hate people.
    I'm a prosecutor! So you do defense work?
    No I am a prosecutor too! I thought you did defense work. I get the importance of defense, but I could never do it. I am in CA. What jx are you in?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    someone just posted this on my facebook.  It's from the local science center. wtf.

• Options
    cleaning my box

~*~*~You're Such A Pretty Melody, I'm Just Another Tattooed Tragedy~*~*~
    FKA: Mireland23  image
  • Options
    @caladpi02‌, I used to be a public defender. It was...an interesting job. I work in Kentucky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"