Parenting
Options

Perfect albums

I feel old saying albums I don't know why. But anyway, I found an old cd and rocked out on the way to work this morning. It got me thinking about what albums are just perfection-where basically every track is awesome and you don't skip any songs. What are yours?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                     DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black

Re: Perfect albums

• Options

Tapestry - Carole King

Nevermind- Nirvana

Purple Rain- Prince

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wu Tang Clan

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Pogues- If Should Fall from Grace with God.

Can't think of another one right now that hasn't already been listed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About

Alkaline Trio - From Here to Infirmary
    DS1: 02.12
    DS2: 11.13

• Options

It seems like I bought a lot of greatest hits cd's because I felt like it was a bargain and had anyone from Madonna, Garth Brooks, Jim Croce, Billy Joel - the list goes on and on.

others that I recall

Bon Jovi - Cross Road

Green Day - Dookie

Kenny Chesney - Everywhere we Go

The Bodyguard soundtrack and The Forrest Gump soundtrack

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    bearfootz said:

It seems like I bought a lot of greatest hits cd's because I felt like it was a bargain and had anyone from Madonna, Garth Brooks, Jim Croce, Billy Joel - the list goes on and on.

others that I recall

Bon Jovi - Cross Road

Green Day - Dookie

Kenny Chesney - Everywhere we Go

The Bodyguard soundtrack and The Forrest Gump soundtrack

Um, duh, Cross Road was a greatest hit album so maybe that's why I knew all of the songs and loved it so much

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• Options
    Besides some of the ones already listed. No Doubt-Return of Saturn
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    secretsoutsecretsout member
    edited October 2014
    This is really hard.  I'm going to go with these, since they've been in rotation most recently:

Jack's Mannequin-Everything in Transit
    Bayside-Bayside
    Weezer-Pinkerton
    Alkaline Trio-Damnesia

I also like @littlestjerry's Saves the Day (I'm going to see them in November!) and @scarlettpanda's TGUK.  I think I know what I'll be listening to later.

• Options
    Fiona Apple - Tidal

Green Day- Dookie
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Pretty, Odd - Panic and the Disco

Nevermind - Nirvana

Release Me - The Like

Porcelain - Helen Jane Lone

Broken Boy Soldiers - The Raconteurs 

• Options
    Counting Crows- August and Everything After
    Joni Mitchell- Hejira

so many different types of sparrows 30 rock         

• Options
    @jsgrl613‌, I want to see Saves the Day too but I'm kind of annoyed that they're focusing on Through Being Cool on this tour. Stay What You Are is clearly their best album. I would DIE if they were touring that album.

DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Soooo many bands/artist i've never heard of. Feeling my age reading this post lol

I haven't bought a cd in I don't know how long, but I'll go with Aerosmith - Little South of Sanity (I think its named?)

Or pretty much anything Aerosmith or Tom Petty.
  • Options
    Bob Marley- Legend 
    Weezer- The Blue Album
    The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
    Nirvana- nevermind

• Options
  • Options

As far as newer albums - (like, bought the whole thing on itunes)

Eric Church - Chief

*Siggy Warning*

• Options
    I'll just say these with the caveat that I don't think soundtracks should count in this category, for the same reason greatest hits albums shouldn't count. Best soundtracks could be a whole separate thing.

Sgt Pepper's
    At Folsom Prison
    Blonde on Blonde
    Purple Rain
    Nevermind
    Thriller
    Graceland

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    Lost and Gone Forever - Guster
    Fumbling Towards Ecstasy- Sarah McLachlan
    Fire - Electric Six
    Hang Little Tomato - Pink Martini
    Mezzanine - Massive Attack
    Plans - Death Cab for Cutie
    The Reminder - Feist

Soundtracks:
    Romeo + Juliet
    Scott Pilgrim
    Garden State

• Options
    Blink 182- blink 182. That whole album was amazing. Hanson - underneath Ludo - You're Awful I Love You Thd Spill Canvas - Denial Feels So Good and Sunsets and Car Crashes.
    I loved Blink 182. I had that CD and listened to it in my car all the time. They were my first real concert I went to when I was 16. I also saw them with Green Day once.
    imageimage
  • Options
    All the Beatles albums mentioned, plus Rubber Soul and Revolver.

U2 -- The Joshua Tree

Bruce Springsteen -- Nebraska

Marit Peters -- Dead Reckoning

Rickie Lee Jones -- It's Like This

The Smiths -- The Queen Is Dead

Soundtracks, listed because I'm old and crusty and do what I want --

O Brother Where Art Thou?
    Pulp Fiction
    High Fidelity
    Until the End of the World
    Magnolia

• Options
  • Options
    @danisgossipgirl, I can't believe someone said The Velvet Underground and Nico! I was coming in here just to say that. I listened to it this morning for the first time in a long time and kept saying "OMG, this album is amazing!"
    image image
  • Options
    I forgot about Stroke 9 @Holls2011‌
    Good choice!

I was listening to them at the same time as Vertical Horizon (Everything You Want) and that made me think of Tonic (Lemon Parade) which I loved a lot.

• Options
    @NeneCakies I am a huge Electric Six fan, I've seen them in concert may times!

I will also add Foo Fighters- The Colour and the Shape
  • Options

@wesleycrusher‌ I have all the E6 albums and it's the one band DH and I both enjoy in concert often. They actually have a local show in 2 weeks on our anniversary. I really hope we end up going.

The first time I saw them was in NY at the Bowery on a work night with a friend who got me totes drunk. They were so good I remembered them clearly through my drunken haze and have followed them ever since. I'm glad there's another fan here!! :)

• Options
    Marilyn Manson- Holy wood
    A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step
    Tool- Lateralus

• Options
  • Options
  • Options

@wesleycrusher‌ I have all the E6 albums and it's the one band DH and I both enjoy in concert often. They actually have a local show in 2 weeks on our anniversary. I really hope we end up going. The first time I saw them was in NY at the Bowery on a work night with a friend who got me totes drunk. They were so good I remembered them clearly through my drunken haze and have followed them ever since. I'm glad there's another fan here!! :)
    They are here this weekend, but DH and I (plus our friends who always go) haven't gone to see them in a while.  They switched the venue that they usually play at and it is so shitty. Like, it's the second floor of a bar and it's tiny and hot and crowded and people jump and the floor feels like it will cave in.   

In college we used to road trip to see them in a few nearby cities, but alas, those days are behind me.
  • Options
    Radiohead- OK Computer
    Incubus- Make Yourself, Morning View, A Crow Left of the Murder
    TOOL- Aenima, Lateralus
    Fiona Apple- When the Pawn..., Extraordinary Machine
    A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step, Mer de Noms
    Sia- Colour the Small One, Some People Have Real Problems
    Chevelle- Wonder What's Next, This type of thinking could do us in

Off the top of my head
    Oooooh, I forgot OK Computer.  I would include that one as well.

• Options

Janet Jackson- Janet
    No doubt - tragic kingdom
    Alanis moressette- jagged little pill
    Micheal Jackson - thriller

These are good!
    Also Guns n Roses Appetite for destruction
    Dr. Dre chronic
    Snoop Dogg
  • Options
    I feel like they're unpopular on here but Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head is awesome.

Also, the Counting Crows' greatest hits album but I feel like that's cheating.

DS is 1DAF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"