February 2015 Moms
Options

stained carpet-non pregnancy related post

So I get home from work today to discover that my dog ate a whole box of chocolate, so I took him to the vet right away. He wouldn't puke at the vet but decided to puke the second he walked in the door....all over our carpet. My husband and I tried to clean it up but there is still two huge black (chocolate like) stains on our carpet. Any advice on how to take it out??

So far we've dabbed paper towels with resolve and spot out... Thinking we may need professional help.
Married: 9.29.12 
BFP: 6.8.14
EDD: 2.20.15
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: stained carpet-non pregnancy related post

• Options
    I rent a steam cleaner and buy the oxyclean stuff for it. That usually works well for dog messes. It did wonders when our big girl exploded on our bedroom floor.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh man my dogs puke on my carpets all the time. I have a mini steam cleaner, and I mix oxiclean with water and soak it first.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Valentino2013Valentino2013 member
    edited September 2014
    We invested in a Bissel steam cleaner. it was great for us and does a great job of cleaning and deodorizing the carpets. Its a little expensive (about 350) but we waited and caught sales at Kohls so we got our much cheaper. For us it was absolutely worth it!

Edit: I hope your dog is ok!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have a mini bisel cleaner that kicks butt and also a Kirby that does whole rooms. I'm another vote for oxiclean though!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I also have mini bisel steam cleaner and I love it! I use it all the time to spot clean messes! Best wedding gift not on my registry that I received!
  • Options
    I know this is for laundry,but it works miracles on pet stains too.

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I hope your dog feels better now! I have a bissel shampooing vacuum and I regularly use oxyclean for carpet stains or a peroxide and water mixture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Man i wish my husband was home. He used to own a carpet store and he knows how to get anything out of carpeting. As soon as he gets home (or calls) I'll ask him.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! !! Puppy is doing good now :)@KristinMTBell‌ yes he did receive the dog activated charcoal
    Married: 9.29.12 
    BFP: 6.8.14
    EDD: 2.20.15
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Ooih good thought @KristinMTBell‌ ! Totally different ball game with that awful stuff!
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"