Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY: Wedding Question

What was the most embarrassing thing that happened/almost happened at your wedding?

At the reception, I panicked when a cousin switched to something not on the playlist - the song "Think Locally, F*** Globally" actually started to play.  "NOOOO!  Get back to the playlist now!  I didn't sanitize my whole iTunes list, and Grandpa doesn't need another heart attack."  

I also got told "we expect a little one due in nine months.  Chop chop."  But I expected to hear it at least once,
DS born 12/2012
Little Squeaker due 6/2015

Re: GTKY: Wedding Question

• Options

Of all the stories I've heard, mine isn't too bad. My make up artist was supposed to use lip stain on me and didn't. I should have noticed, but the whirlwind of it all just made it go past me. When it came time for the "you may now kiss the bride" part, I pulled away from my husband after the kiss to see bright. red. lipstick all over his mouth. I used my kleenex in my hand to dap it off in panic. There was laughter and applause, and it turned out to be a fun moment. There's a picture of our faces hanging in my living room right now of that moment.

FWIW, I'm more and more indifferent when people make comments about "when will there be babies?" Maybe it's gaining perspective from being on this board. I find people are awkward and uncomfortable, and mostly just at a loss for words so they repeat what was told to them. Not okay, but mostly people are just misinformed. Sadly, it's on the 'receiver' to be the diplomat in the situation and smile and say something equally as awkward like, "Goodness knows we'll be practicing!"

• Options
    At the meeting with our DJ, he asked if there were any songs I didn't want played. Because many of our guests were older and I really didn't want our dance floor turning into a club scene, I told him no "Get Lucky" or "Blurred Lines." I'm not a big fan of the songs, plus I really wanted the music to be more wedding classics with some of our favorites thrown in. I also said no rap/R&B/hip-hop because that's not our crowd.

Well, what do ya know? First, "Ignition" started playing. Awesome. And then, here comes "Blurred LInes" along with a conga line! DH still laughs about when he asked if I wanted him to talk to the DJ, and my response was, "He can't turn the song off now, they started a conga line!" And, of course, DH joined in the fun. We all laugh about it now, but I was very angry at the time!

Also, awkward, DH's parents said practically nothing to me the entire day. I'm sure his mom said one or two things while we were running around getting ready. But nothing during the reception. And my father-in-law only asked when we were cutting the cake. His grandma even came to our head table to tell him she loved him and congratulations, but didn't look at or say a word to me.

Neither are really embarrassing (although family members still laugh about the conga line), just a couple of those little frustrating/awkward things that happen.
    Married to the love of my life since September 2013.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid
    12/14: Natural cycle = BFN
    1/15: Starting Femara for IUI #1

Chart Stalk Me
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
    TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was sitting on some steps next to my cousins at the end of the reception when I felt pain on my feet and legs. I lifted up my dress and I was being attacked by about 100 fire ants. I had to run to get my mom and husband to take me into the hotel room. Where my mom got to see me topless  after she had to cut the ribbon off my dress and I ran into the shower (the knot wouldn't come undone). I am wearing a beach cover up dress in my cutting of the cake pictures.

No no no no! I gasped in horror as I read this.image

• Options

The power went out during the cake cutting at our reception. Not really embarrassing, but it sucked when people started leaving.

That makes me really sad. There was a tornado warning the day of my wedding. We totally lucked out that it didn't impact anything.
  • Options
    My mother in law gave a toast that started with "I didn't think nobody was gonna wanna marry him" she said that about her own son. .and it was NOT in jest!! Everyone looked around all uncomfortable! ! I wanted to kill her!! He's an awesome guy and she didn't even raise him so she had some nerve!! The whole speech was so embarrassing! !

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Options
    We had a bunch of small mishaps-My MIL and SIL were almost an hour late to pictures before the wedding (they were "getting their hair done and having breakfast").  The person in charge of the ring bearer never gave him the pillow, our unity candle did not fit in the churches holder so it had to find a new place,  but the funniest one was as I am entering the church, H's aunt runs up and says "where are the flowers for the parents?" To which I respond, "must be at home in my fridge still" She offered to go get them and I just said-"Nope I am getting married and you should stay and watch!" 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH's younger brother married us and his wife typed our wedding script into a mini tablet for him to have up there with him. While she was typing she must of lost her place because he reread a few of the same sentences. Made for a good laugh and it really lightened the mood :)

Me: 25 DH: 27

Married: April 25th, 2014

DD #1: August 20th, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was my first time seeing my mom since she went bugnuts and ran away to Maine. She didn't recognize me.
    Omg, Bibs.  That's simultaneously hilarious and really sad.
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Options
    Most embarrassing moment was getting married..............with my ex! Sorry that sounds like such an immature response but I had to!
  • Options
    I dunno, my wedding was some sort of magical fluke where nothing really went wrong?  The only thing I can maybe say was embarrassing was that the husband didn't smash cake into my face, but I did it to him.

...I may have threatened him before the wedding.

...he was kinda ticked at me.
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Options
    This didn't happen at my wedding, but when I was younger (about six) I was the flower girl in my Aunt's wedding.  She had us all wearing dresses with bubble skirts and well, I was specifically told not to sit on my dress because it would ruin the bubble skirt.  So, being the good girl that I was, I proceeded to flip up the back of my dress every time I needed to sit down in turn mooning everyone sitting behind me.  :\">
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    yepitsme215yepitsme215 member
    edited September 2014
    When I was walking down the aisle my garter fell down. It was a little big so my mom pinned it to my tights but somehow the lace ripped and just fell. I felt like a moron but laughed it off anyway. Also my flower girl threw a giant tantrum when it was time for her to walk down the aisle because...kids. Anyway.
    Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  • Options

A few things went wrong at our wedding, like the emcee just giving up and one of the groomsmen taking over, and a person helping with our food taking it upon herself to yell "Food's Ready!!" to all our guests while we were still taking family pictures, so all our guests had eaten before we entered the reception.

But the most embarrassing thing was when I mispronounced our godson's last name when we were thanking people, including his parents, after the speeches. He was just DH's godson before we got married and I had actually never said their last name out loud before and had no idea I mispronounced it until weeks later.

This sounds so silly compared to some of the things the rest of you shared!!

dog hits birthday cake off plate gif 

• Options
    We eloped specifically to avoid all of this, since DHs mother is CRAZY.

My parents threw us a reception later (very casual, our favorite local band played) and my MIL told everyone who would listen that she bought us a canoe. Really my FIL did (they are divorced) and let her sign the card. So really, she got us nothing. We also have some super awkward pictures of her sobbing on my shoulder after she got drunk because she was "so happy I didn't hate her yet."

Also I apparently flashed my underwear when DH and I were dancing. It was cool, though, since I was wearing a super cute leopard print thong.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • Options
    @wineandwalter‌ Hitler tho? Oh nooo wow..smh so much for mother knows best huh lol

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Options
    The guy performing the ceremony forgot my name and how to pronounce it during the do you blah blah blah take blah blah blah part. He had to flip back a few pages and then said it wrong. It was kind of amazing in a laugh about it or cry kind of way. We choose to laugh about it.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options

My officiant passed out just as I finished walking down the aisle, right before my Dad was about to give me away.

Ahh...oh no!

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    During my entire ceremony, a black crow was suicide bombing the window I was facing...very loudly...creeped me the eff out.
    Haha. I was immediately imagining it was some disgruntled lover trying to stop the marriage from taking place, like in The Swan Princess. 
    Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  • Options
    Reading these makes me think my wedding went great! Granted, it was a very small wedding, only about 15 people there.
    But the Spider-Man cufflinks I bought for H to wear didn't work with his suit, and he managed to break his boutonnière right before pictures. He took his grandpas, and then my step son pulled the petals off without anyone realizing it. Only one that still had one was my dad, who already messed his up by wearing his seatbelt over his! I was very irritated by it the day of, but oh well!

Oh! My lace up back wasn't holding, so I was pulling at my dress the entire ceremony. It happens!
    Married July 19, 2014.
    Inherited one stepson, so excited to continue our family!
    BFP#1: June 15, 2014. MC June 20, 2014.
    BFP#2: July 11, 2014. MMC July 27, 2014. Naturally passed tissue August 5, 2014.
    BFP#3: October 29, 2014.
    EDD: July 8, 2015 *Stick baby stick!*
    imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We only had two speeches planned, my maid of honor and MH's best man. But my oldest sister called us out (talked to the DJ) well after those speeches were done. She was nervous and stuttering and kept saying how thankful she was to MH for making me so happy. She kept saying, "If she chose you, there must be a good reason..." I think she repeated this about three or four times.

One of my drunk cousins screamed (very loudly) "It's obviously not for his good looks"

This is when I questioned my decision to have an open bar. Haha.

animated gifs photo: TGIF unnamed-1.gif
  • Options

My sister got so wasted that she never made a speech.

My mother apparently also wanted to speak (we didn't plan on this) after my dad gave an amazing and touching speech, and decided it would be an appropiate time to tell everyone that when she first met my DH, she washed his neon blue boxer shorts and knew he was the one for me... so awkward that her speech didn't even make it in the final cut of our wedding video without us even requesting it. Our videographer must have known how BSC she is. We laughed it off, but it was more of an uncomfortable, how do we make her stop sort of laugh.

October TTGP Challenge- Villains
    Samara- The Ring
    *I may not be able to keep this all month
     the ring animated GIF
  • Options
    The person who was supposed to do my hair and make up came prepared to only do make up. She didn't remember that I had also asked for hair. Had to do it myself with no supplies.

After the reception, those who wanted to continue partying were supposed to move on to another, less formal location. I stayed to thank the reception staff and when I walked out, everyone was gone. Everyone thought I was with someone else. I had no idea where to go because the next location was supposed to be a surprise. It took me nearly 2 hours to find everyone.

Then, my IL were nice enough to pay for a suite for us that night. We got back to the hotel to discover that H had invited 4 of his family members to crash in our room since they had failed to book a room. They were already passed out all over the room.

ME: 33  H: 32
    TTC Since 6/2013   Early Loss: 9/2013   MFI Diagnosis: 12/2014

imageimage

• Options

During my entire ceremony, a black crow was suicide bombing the window I was facing...very loudly...creeped me the eff out.

Haha. I was immediately imagining it was some disgruntled lover trying to stop the marriage from taking place, like in The Swan Princess. 

Hahaha! I was somewhat concerned that it was a bad omen, but so far, so good. We still laugh about that damn bird.

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Not really about me but a group of my really good friends from work. It was about 15 minutes before my ceremony started and I noticed I hadn't notice them come in (I was watching from a window, hidden) About five minutes before it all started they came running in, I opened the window to say hi, they had gotten lost and gone to a funeral down the road. Oops.

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Mine wasn't at my wedding (we had a destination wedding) but before we flew to our resort.

H and I had a misunderstanding about which one of us kept my wedding ring until the big day. After a lot of debate (a week before the wedding) we figured out that he accidentally threw it away with the trash from the house remodel. And then USPS lost the new ring that we 'rush' ordered. I finally received my ring 3 weeks later.

We also made the huge mistake of forgetting our passports when we headed to the airport. We live 2 hours away so we were forced to miss our flight even though MIL was wonderful enough to make the trip to bring them to us. After a lot of sweet talking our airline and 24hrs of sitting in the airport with all of our luggage we made it to Mexico and had an amazing time at our wedding.

• Options
    I threw up during our dinner. Luckily I made it to my private bathroom in time with my MOH in tow. I had the keep my dress partially unzipped the rest of the night just so I could breathe.

My grandpa asked if I was pregnant :-q
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"