August 2014 Moms
Options

2MONTH checkup and shots

edited September 2014 in August 2014 Moms
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: 2MONTH checkup and shots

• Options
    Jack is 12lbs1oz 23 1/2 inches. He handled his shots well, better than me. He only cried had for a minute where I cried for like 10 lol. He had a fever the next day and slept a lot. All is good now and he's his handsome playful self
  • Options
    2 month checkup tomorrow! I am really looking forward to knowing what she weighs now, but I am dreading her getting her shots :( I am trying to decide if I should take the day off of work tomorrow after she gets them. I have heard that a warm bath afterwards can make them feel a little better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    13 lbs 12 oz, 22.5 inches. Big boy especially because he was 6 lbs 15 oz at birth. Shots went well. He was fussy the day of but slept like a champ that night and the next day. I can't believe he is two months!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have our 2 month appointment this Friday. I'm interested to see her weight/height; last time she was only in the 7th percentile for weight and 1st for height! I'm so nervous for the shots. I made my mom take off work so that she can come with me... I have a feeling that I'll need the support!
  • Options
  • Options
    Ours is Thursday. I'm nervous. I just want to get it over with.
  • Options
    mislogismislogis member
    edited October 2014
    Victoria went today! 11lbs 11 oz 22" long and 38.5cm HC. She's up 2 inches and 4 lbs since her first well check. Growing like a weed!

I nursed her right before (literally popped her off for the shots) and she calmed down within 2 minutes. She's been sleeping since then (2pm)

If you nurse, popping them back on after also calms them down.
    I cried for DD#1, but I must be a cold hearted bitch bc I haven't cried for shots since (I did cry when #2 broke her arm and when they fixed V's tongue tie, so I'm not completely frigid lol)

I become accustomed to it I suppose, and mentally prepare.

ETA: she has been miserable tonight. I should have started the Tylenol before the shots, but waited. She was crying and wouldn't eat :( poor babe.
    Tylenol kicked in and she is finally sleeping a bit. Sleep sack is a godsend - Changes will be less painful for sure

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    We had ours on Friday. She is 11 lbs 5 oz, 23.5 in long. I don't remember her head circumference. She threw up the rotavirus oral all over the nurse. She cried most of the appointment and screamed after shots. I nursed her before the doctor saw her and after her shots. She was a crab that night when she was awake. She was fine the next day.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    DS is on the small side - born at 6 lb 3 oz, and he was 10 lb 10 oz at his two month check up yesterday. I was only disappointed because this puts him in the 9th percentile, and he was briefly up to the 17th percentile at his two week visit! Oh well, ped wasn't worried, and we'll weigh him again at month 3 just to make sure he doesn't fall any lower.

Shots weren't so bad... nothing compared to watching the lil guy get his circumcision! No fever and no real fussiness, just extra sleepy yesterday. I did give one dose of Little Remedies acetemenophine (sp?)

image    image
  • Options
    @zoegirlTX, my ped's office does well visits at: 1 week, 2 week, 1 month, 2 month, 4 month. I think  one month visit is pretty standard

image    image
  • Options

Had ours today.  12 lbs 3 oz (was 6 lbs 11 oz at birth). 

He handled the shots pretty well.  It's hard to tell if he's a little fussy because of the shots, or just normal evening fussiness. 

When the doctor went to check under his diaper he found a surprise!  I had changed him right before we left too. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    @zoegirlTX‌ our ped does 1week, 2 week, 2 month

• Options
    We had ours yesterday! My little chunk is now 13lbs 2oz, 40cm head, 23.35 inches long. They had 80% written on the sheet. Not bad. He got his shots and took them like a man. He squealed for a second but we had a bottle ready to take his mind off of the pain. No need for me to cry :) He slept for most of the rest of the day. When he wasn't sleeping he was crying and it was a shrill cry. I had to warm DH of the crying b/c he hasn't been doing very well dealing with it. Luckily he was quiet for most of the evening.
    x

• Options
    We are in the waiting room as we speak waiting.
  • Options
    We have ours the 17th. I'm nervous and took that Saturday off work. Wahhhhh
  • Options
    Have ours on the 8th and am getting nervous seeing all of these weights. I don't think LO weighs nearly that much!
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Have ours on the 8th and am getting nervous seeing all of these weights. I don't think LO weighs nearly that much!
    I would love to hear your update! I posted above that DS is 10 lb 10 oz, 9th percentile. Would be nice to know we're not alone, just the low end of normal

image    image
  • Options
    We just came back from the doctor. 12lb 14oz, 22". He's not a big as I thought he would be. I was expecting a way bigger number. He screamed during shots but was fine when they were done. Now he is just sleepy.
  • Options
    We did our two month appointment at six weeks because we're trying to leave the country. The shots were difficult to watch but I nursed immediately afterward and LO calmed within a couple of minutes and suffered no noticeable after effects. We have struggled a lot with weight gain-born at 50th percentile, got as low as 5th percentile, but back up to 15 percentile at six weeks. This was due to aggressive supplementing with formula as I continue to struggle with low supply and LO remains "lazy" at the breast.
  • Options
    We had our two month app today. Weight was average at 11 lbs 8 oz and 23.25 inches long. Everything checked out good. I told the dr how inconsolable LO has been the past few days. He decided to check her eyeballs for a scratch. He put drops in her eyes and looked at them with a UV light and she had three scratches!! I feel so bad for her. He said it can happen when they are flailing around. So now I have to put ointment in her eyes three times a day- no easy task but I hope she feels better soon.

imageimage
  • Options
    13lbs and 23.5 inches here! He cried a little for the shots but stopped soon after. Little guy is doing well :)
  • Options
    9lbs 9oz, 21.28in and head was 14.57in. She is still quite small, but following her growth lines and the Dr was happy.

She screamed for the shots but calmed when I nursed her immediately after.

• Options
    Anyone else's LO extra spitty after shots? DS seems to want to nurse less today, which seems odd to me, but when he finally does he pretty much spits everything out right away. Today we were laying on the couch nursing and I heard the magic spit up sound and there was a huge puddle of milk everywhere!
  • Options
    PP, yes, extra spitty and it was more yellow-tinged than usual. Stopped after about 24 hours.

image    image
  • Options
    Just came back with baby girl.  She's 21" and 9lbs 12oz... so still a peanut but her percentiles have all gone up (her height was the 3rd percentile this time instead of the 1st, haha).

At the last appointment, she screamed and cried the whole time.  This time she was SO GOOD for the doctor.  While he poked and prodded her, she just sat there; she even smiled at him a few times.

Shots were traumatic... probably more so for me than for her.  The oral vaccination was probably the hardest since she kept coughing and hated it.  The 3 shots in the legs went quickly.  She screamed and cried; I cried.  But then I nursed her as soon as the nurse left, and that helped a lot.  She's been sleeping pretty much ever since.  I feel so bad, but I know it has to be done.  Glad that we don't have to go back until 4 months now.

She was also put on Zantac for suspected silent reflux.  I'm hoping this helps her phlegm and gagging at night.
  • Options
    BBG's legs were pretty tender where she got the shots about 8 hours later and was more fussy than normal. We gave her a nice warm bath and she started to smile and no longer seemed to have leg issues. It was also a good way to get the Band-Aids off.
    Just an FYI in case this could help anyone else after the shots.
    And nursing right after the shots immediately calmed her down.

• Options
    How long are you leaving the band aids on for? Sounds like we can go ahead and take them off?

DS did well this morning. He's 12lbs11oz & 23.5 in long, putting him in the 75 percentile. He cried immediately then turned red. I had to blow in his face to get him breathing. Poor thing. :-( Nursing helped us too. He seemed fine about 2 hours later.
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Options
    We had our 2 month visit today. DD was 11 pounds 4 ounces and 23.25 inches. Nursed her before and after the shots, she did great. She cried hysterically this afternoon and has been sleeping a lot. I can't wait for her to be her normal squirmy self again. We will remove the band aids after 24 hours or so. Can't believe our LOs are already 2 months!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We just got back, and since he's not quite 2 months we have to go back for shots. Why we were told to schedule today, I'm not really sure. Anyway, he's gaining weight and length but still on the smaller end like his momma. :) Also, he has a small head like me.
  • Options
    We went this morning at 10 weeks. She was great, especially considering our doctor came in 30 minutes late! When she got her shots and she cried it was distinctly a cry of pain. It finally clicked and sounded just like how she would cry before we got her on Zantac. Fortunately haven't heard that cry for about 3 weeks now! Now she's napping and randomly waking up to shout out. Definitely seems like her little legs are bothering her. 

11.4 lbs
    22.4 inches long
    15.2 inch head

• Options
    So did y'all pre-game with Tylenol or go the wait and see route? DD's appointment is on Saturday and my family keeps throwing their opinions at me.
  • Options
    Our pediatrician said the new recommendation is to wait at least 4 hours after shots to do any tylenol.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Our ped told us to only do the Tylenol of she really seemed to need it afterwards. No need for unnecessary meds.

• Options

I would love to hear your update! I posted above that DS is 10 lb 10 oz, 9th percentile. Would be nice to know we're not alone, just the low end of normal

Hey! So we're at 10 lbs 6 oz and 22 inches long, a week shy of her being 2 months. The pediatrician is really happy with her weight gain though; she's gained about 4 lbs since birth. She was just a little peanut when she was born since she came 2 weeks early.

Oh, and she's never getting shots again.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    Just got back from our 2 month. He's also a peanut at 9.10lbs and 23 inches. Ped was happy with his growth, and he did so well with the shots. He cried out once then fell asleep as soon as I put him in the car seat. I nursed him right before the shots, so I think that helped because he was in a milk coma :-)
    So proud of my peanut.
  • Options
    Liam is 11lbs11oz 24" and his 15.75. He's my little bug :) he did great. Have a ?.. Was anyone's LO very sleepy after the shots??
  • Options
    Mine was sleepy right after shots but a couple of hours later he was very fussy after nursing. Screamed his head off in the bassinet. He's in his moby sleeping on my chest.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"