Multiples

people should keep their weight comments to themselves

So my co-worker just told me"wow, you are eating a ton lately...You probably are gaining so much weight".  WTF!!!!!  I am already really really sensitive about my weight gain- i Have gained 40 lbs and am only 25 weeks!  To my defense, I was probably a little underweight when i got pregnant.  And.....I am growing TWO humans! hehe.  Its not like I am eating oreos and bon-bons all day!  Just needed to vent.  Please give me some encouragement- I know all women are different and my doctor has never been concerned- next f/u in two weeks so we will see if they still think I am good.
TTC 2 years- Me and DH (28) with (severely) low sperm count- less than 40 total (last 2 SA showed only 5 and 6 sperm each)
IVF #1: ER 1/23/13- 4 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized; ET with 1 embryo 1/28/13 2 frosties beta #1 2/5 was 4.8- beta #2 2/7 3.5; BFN
FET #1- transferred one beautiful 4AA embie. Praying this is my take home baby. Beta 5/7/13- BFFN!!!
IVF #2: ER 7/17/13: 6R/3F- transferred 1 blast and 1 10 cell embryo 5dt.   Beta hell.  #1 2.5, #2 2.2- BFFFN! REALLY?
IVF #3: ER 12/1 and only 2 retrieved.  1 fertilized with ICSI.  Was planning on transferring one fresh and one frozen....fresh was only 14 cells at day 5...CANCELLED and devastated due to 5cm blood filled cyst in ovary and blood in uterus.
IVF #4: Antagonist protocol with endometrial scratch day one of stims.  ER 4/21: 6R/4M/3F- transferred 2 beautiful blasts (5dt) and one was hatching!  No frosties but hoping we won't need it!  Beta 5/4/14- 444(8dp5dt), Beta #2 10dp5dt 1002!  THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!  First US 5/15 we saw two of the most beautiful gestational and yolk sacs I have ever seen!  
****FINALLY PREGNANT WITH DI/DI TWINS!!!!!!!  

BRINLEY AND RILEY LONG.  Born November 20, 2014 at 32 wks 3 days.  4lbs7oz and 4lbs5oz.  1 month NICU time for "B's" and growing and feeding.  Now healthy, thriving, beautiful little girls!
 imagehttp://i62.tinypic.com/2dl9ap0.jpgpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/o7t1y0.jpg

Re: people should keep their weight comments to themselves

• Ugh. People suck! I'm so sorry!
    ***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• I swear people are just dumb. The weight gain is super important for the twins! I'm up 20 pounds at 16 weeks and people have made comments to me too. It makes me so angry I almost don't want to go out in public. Yesterday morning we went out to breakfast and a woman sitting at another booth overheard us talking about the twins. She literally got up, walked over to me, touched my shoulder and said how SORRY she was for me. WTF!?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh sweetie!!! People have no clue that the weight recommendations for multiples is different than one baby... I keep getting word that some of DH's family doesn't understand why I don't feel good bc SIL had a 9lb baby... Ummm, it's not just the weight of the babies but 2 placentas, 2 sacs, quadruple blood increase etc. People just need to STFU!!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

•  I don't even understand why someone would think it is appropriate to say to make a comment like that especially a coworker.

• Omg I seriously hate people sometimes. I just usually remind myself that people who critisize are usually very unhappy people. Respond with something like, yeah it's great to gain weight and still have a husband that thinks your the sexiest thing in the world! Oh and that fact that you've been blessed with twins when someone people can't have babies at all. So fortunate. I swear people are just jealous.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • I gained 35lb but was already quite heavy. I lost it and more by 2 weeks. Don't let stupid people upset you! Grow them twins nice and big, they will be here before you know it. :)
  • People have no clue that they are idiots... it amazes me what comes out of their mouths. Your body is working on two little miracles.  Keep up the good work!!

****siggy warning****

Me 29/ DH 28
    DH- MFI (low count, 2-3% morph)

IUI #1 January - Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 February - Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel: BFP 1st beta-25, 2nd beta-56, 3rd beta-45, miscarriage
    IUI #3 April - CD3 U/S 4-10. Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel CD11 - Cancelled.. TI w/5 follicles-BFN
    IUI #3.1 May - CD3 U/S 5-6, Follistim start 5-11 thru 5-17, u/s 5-18 3 mature w/ a close 4th, IUI 5-20 - BFP!
                 Beta #1 12dpo - 164 & progesterone - 89!, Beta #2 16 dpo - 1189, 5w3d - u/s shows TWINS!
                 6/19- u/s showed heartbeats! Baby A 111 & Baby B 118, both measuring 6w1d
                 7/3- Baby A hb 170, Baby B hb 166 - both measuring perfect.
                 7/18 - Baby A 165, Baby B 171 - both measuring right on track & moving all around!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks for the support girls! I needed it!
    TTC 2 years- Me and DH (28) with (severely) low sperm count- less than 40 total (last 2 SA showed only 5 and 6 sperm each)
    IVF #1: ER 1/23/13- 4 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized; ET with 1 embryo 1/28/13 2 frosties beta #1 2/5 was 4.8- beta #2 2/7 3.5; BFN
    FET #1- transferred one beautiful 4AA embie. Praying this is my take home baby. Beta 5/7/13- BFFN!!!
    IVF #2: ER 7/17/13: 6R/3F- transferred 1 blast and 1 10 cell embryo 5dt.   Beta hell.  #1 2.5, #2 2.2- BFFFN! REALLY?
    IVF #3: ER 12/1 and only 2 retrieved.  1 fertilized with ICSI.  Was planning on transferring one fresh and one frozen....fresh was only 14 cells at day 5...CANCELLED and devastated due to 5cm blood filled cyst in ovary and blood in uterus.
    IVF #4: Antagonist protocol with endometrial scratch day one of stims.  ER 4/21: 6R/4M/3F- transferred 2 beautiful blasts (5dt) and one was hatching!  No frosties but hoping we won't need it!  Beta 5/4/14- 444(8dp5dt), Beta #2 10dp5dt 1002!  THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!  First US 5/15 we saw two of the most beautiful gestational and yolk sacs I have ever seen!  
    ****FINALLY PREGNANT WITH DI/DI TWINS!!!!!!!  

BRINLEY AND RILEY LONG.  Born November 20, 2014 at 32 wks 3 days.  4lbs7oz and 4lbs5oz.  1 month NICU time for "B's" and growing and feeding.  Now healthy, thriving, beautiful little girls!
     imagehttp://i62.tinypic.com/2dl9ap0.jpgpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/o7t1y0.jpg

• haha I like pp's response...  people can be so rude.   Hang in there!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I would tell your coworker to eff off. Seriously. People are so dumb. 

I was tiny before I got pregnant (5'5, 110lb) and by about 28 weeks I was up 40 lb. My doctor is perfectly happy with this. Small people have more to gain and studies show gaining more weight with twins seems to reduce the rate of PTL. 

You are doing fine and what's best for your babies!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • WAMOM said:

My MIL told me I looked sickly this weekend when she saw me. Oh thanks.....

Oh my gosh - my freaking coworker said I looked like I was "ready to give birth" today. She went on to explain that, basically, you know when you're ready to give birth because you start looking like total shit. I'm thinking, "Wow, that was so nice of you to say!" I don't get people sometimes.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I don't know why people think that pregnancy somehow makes it ok to discuss or comment on another person's weight. Like mentioned above, everyone is different. I was huge with my twins and gained 60 lbs by delivery at 35w. Honestly, though I still thought I looked beautiful. The body is an amazing thing and I was focused on the beaufiful gifts inside me. I was back to pp size and weight within a few weeks. People I work with still occasionally comment about how big I was. Seriously? How about ask me about my babies instead of comment on my size. Hang in there. i'm sure you look awesome!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I have been worried I cant gain enough, I am almost up 20 pounds, but am 23 weeks already ( so I think I am behind the 20lbs by 20 eeeks) I am bigger, but I worry until I get the word that babies are growing fine! You are doing great, I am a little jealous ;-) keep up the goid work and grow them babies! Dr. Brewer would be quite proud....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 31 wks but measuring 36wks. I'm also tall with a long torso so the babies sit low. Multiple strangers have commented that I'm going to have the baby by the end of the week or that I'm ready to pop any minute.

I just say Nope, still 7 weeks to go. People just like to make comments is all. My DS has red hair and people are always making comments about it. But I guess it's going to prepare me for the twins because I know the comments will continue to come.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • People really don't think before they speak.  Sometimes, I think they say dumb things, just because they feel the need to say something.

Don't let them get to you.  Your weight gain is temporary, healthy and for a very good purpose. Your co-worker might also be a bit jealous of your twins, and maybe jealous of the extra attention you are getting.  Just know that its not you, its her.  

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm kind of jealous, actually. I had to work REALLY hard to gain 20lbs at 25 weeks. It wasn't easy.

Also, I agree with PP who said that often people say stupid shit without thinking just because they want to say SOMETHING. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Just know that you're doing the right thing for your babies and don't let those comments bother you.  I was overweight when I got pregnant and I still gained 60+ pounds - but I went to 39 weeks and my babies were 8lbs 7oz and 7lbs 2oz, so no regrets.  (I lost 30 lbs pretty much immediately, and the rest by 2 months) The research shows that gaining weight is beneficial for growing those twins, and that it's better to gain too much weight rather than too little.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"