Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Dr Salter and Methodist Richardson Reviews?

I just recently found out I'm pregnant with my first so now I need to find an OB (I've just used a family MD for everything in the past). I'm quite inexperienced with everything that goes into doctor appts and labor/delivery and am feel pretty overwhelmed with the decision. My doctor highly recommends Dr (William) Richard Salter and I wondered if anyone had experience with him? He delivers at Methodist Richardson, which looks like it's a very new hospital, but seems to have most of what I've been told is good to look for in a hospital (level III NICU just in case, lactation consultants, babies allowed to stay in the rooms if desired). Does anyone know more about this hospital? Both his office and the hospital would be very convenient for me to get to from both home and work, but I'm not going to base my decision solely on that. Thanks! 

Re: Dr Salter and Methodist Richardson Reviews?

• I'll be delivering there for this baby. I have a friend that did a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, she had to use the NICU for a couple of days. She had nothing but positive things to say about the hospital, nurses, and the NICU.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • mskaybmskayb member
    Hello! I have not heard of that doctor , but will also be delivering at that hospital with Dr Jan Risden. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the hospital from several people!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm delivering there too! I have 2 friends who had dr salter. One already delivered and wanted a natural birth, but salter gave her an induction and she ended up with epi... I'm also going for a natural birth too. I have dr norton and she has been such an UPHILL battle to not be induced and to not have pitocin during labor. My friend delivered there last month with risden and again, she wanted natural birth no medication but risden induced her with cytotec and she ended up with a csection. All I can say is if you want a natural birth no medication, avoid induction at all costs and don't go to the hospital too early.

However, if you want an epidural and don't mind the chance of csection- then this is the hospital for you! There c section rate is 29%...

The hospital is nice and pretty. Haven't heard anything good or bad about the nurses. Just mainly what my friends say about their OBs.

Also, I know you didn't say either way- but if you want a natural birth go with Dr Downey! He's got the lowest c section rate out of all of them! I tried to switch to him but dr norton wouldn't let me because they are in the same practice. Next birth I'm going with a midwife or if I high risk for something, I'll go with dr downey.
  • I have Dr. Downey. Love him! Very laid back. Highly recommend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I have Dr. Salter for my OB and he is great to work with. I'm high risk so he fit me in two days after I found out I was pregnant and answers all my millions of questions. Also, he also did my mom's ablation and hysterectomy and works with my sister on her HPV. He is a great doctor! 
    I haven't heard much about the hospital but I'm also looking at delivering there. I like the other doctors in his practice also which is great because he may not be the one to deliver your baby when the time comes. He has privileges at three other hospitals too so you can have a selection.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"