December 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 9.29

2»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 9.29

• Options
    I just wanted to jump in and let everyone in the U.S. know it's National Coffee Day! I haven't heard of some of these places, but they might be in your area :)
    https://www.ibtimes.com/national-coffee-day-2014-10-places-where-you-can-get-free-cup-coffee-1695728
    The only thing I have to bitch about is I can't drink as much caffeine as I normally would on a day like today.
  • Options
    EY

Last nigth I get a txt from SIL pointing out that general admission does not cover the petal cars and the jumping pillows. Things my kids either spend no time on because they are to small for or they just dont like the jumping pillows for more than 5 minutes total. They would rather the playground or petting zoo. Hence why I just wanted us to go and meet up for dinner later. That is what she does. Except we will cover their dinner and she doesn't when it is their kids.

Anyway, she wants us to cover the $12 per kid extra for the one whole hour we will be there. Umm.... no.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yesterday was the 3rd time in a month my MIL told me that having a birthday after Christmas is horrible. My due date is 12/26 and she was born on 12/28. She went on and on how it's hard on a kid to have birthday after Christmas because no one remembers. The only time she had a real birthday party was when she threw herself one on her 50th, and how hard it was for her each year on her birthday. She started crying about it, she is 66 years old, WTF get over it. Ever since I've met her, MH has never forget her birthday and always make an effort to buy a birthday present and a Christmas present. 
    She's such a drama queen, it drives me crazy. My birthday is not a big deal for me and I could careless if people forget, so I don't get why she makes a big deal out of it. I guess MH and I better not forget her birthday this year even though we will most likely be in the hospital or busy with LO. I will never hear the end of it. I did tell her that no matter what day it is, even if it's on Christmas day, MH and I will make sure we celebrate LO birthday.
    Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    My kid deleted part of my post! The first part was basically SO insisted we take #5 somewhere for her 1st birthday because we did that for the other kids. I finally agreed to a orchard with a petting zoo. But have it JUST us. Then meet his family later for dinner. Just dinner is common for kids' birthdays in his family.

All was great and then I find out he invited his sister, our niece and nephew, SIL's GF and her 3 kids (2 teen or pre teen). And he told them we would only cover General Admission. Nothing is ever simple if they are invited. Especially since the GF's kids are rude. My almost 3 year old is more behaved than her older 2. And her youngest is the age of my #4 (so almost 3) and is a little monster. Mama never says no.

DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
  • Options

I'm also really sick of the heat here in OH. Ready to wear my cozy sweaters outside and be comfortable! I'm also getting nauseous again some days, I'm so tired everyday. Oh and I'd rather be at home than at work.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    Oh I thought of something I have wanted to bitch about! My pedicurist this weekend kept insinuating that I had a husband or fiance, which I didn't correct-it didn't bother me too much. Then when she finally asked if he was my husband, fiance, or boyfriend I had to say none of the above. Well then, it came up that he lives in OR currently (I live in WI). She recommended that I get induced early so that he can make sure he is here for the birth and have adequate time after. What?! If he wants to be around for the birth he can plan his flight as early to as late as he would like, I'm not getting induced just to accommodate him!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I'm so looking forward to ML as well, though nothing much to complain about here job-wise (FX it stays that way!).  I think one of the reason I'm looking forward to ML so much is I haven't taken a vacation since March.  My bitch is that I wish the US had better ML so I could not feel guilty when I take a day off cuz I'm sick cuz I think I'm taking that time away from when LO arrives.  Saving up vacation time to be home with LO longer (and paid) makes me want to move to Australia or Canada.
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    jbc7605 said:

I'm making it sound like I'm the hickiest hick that ever hicked the hick, aren't I? I'm not, really. haha. That's just what I have to vent about today. 
    @jbc7605
    Umm, no. At least yours are in a coop. lol I live on .79 acres and not to far from a school. Actually the back end of school property butts up against my back fence. My chickens are free range in my large back yard. No shame... At night they take themselves (about 7pm) into the shed by themselves. Somehow that makes me more of a hick.... or maybe more of a redneck. lol

And I have used a paint ball gun once on a racoon last year that was in my neighbors yard next to their duck enclosure (which is on the other side of the fence from my chicken shed). Why? Because all I had was a paint ball gun, I love my neighbors, and I also feared if it went after theirs, then it would go after mine.

Funny enough though, last year I did have a run up and everything and I had a stray cat kill off my 10 chickens (what we are allowed). The guys doing the addition accidentally put dirt to close to the run and knocked the fence down, that is how they became free range. For some reason, I have had no issues this year. *shrugs* works for me!

Edit to clarify that I got new chicks this year, so new chickens now and the knocking down of the run fence happened this spring. Not last year. We had no chickens over the winter.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
  • Options
    I am up to my proverbial balls with work. I have zero patience with anyone, I hate old people who drive slow, gave the finger to some other stupid driver (incidentally, not old), made cookies, ate like four, spoiled my dinner, was pissy to DH bc I was mad at myself for spoiling my dinner and MATERNITY LEAVE CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH. I feel like I would be so much calmer and happier if I could just spend more time at home doing necessary shit and less at work, wasting my time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @twolittledogs‌ luckily no, nobody made any comments about DH. It was mostly gasps of omg what the hell happened to your head?!‌

D14 November Siggy Challenge: The feels of 3rd trimester...

imageimageimage

• Options
    agsgrrl said:

leosmom25 said:

BdblZ said:

Today I am absolutely, positively more excited about the idea of maternity leave and 12 weeks away from work than I am about having a child.  F this place! 

I second this!
    Third!

Me too. Times a million. Although I am pretty excited for baby.
  • Options
    VyD81 said:

Yesterday was the 3rd time in a month my MIL told me that having a birthday after Christmas is horrible. My due date is 12/26 and she was born on 12/28. She went on and on how it's hard on a kid to have birthday after Christmas because no one remembers. The only time she had a real birthday party was when she threw herself one on her 50th, and how hard it was for her each year on her birthday. She started crying about it, she is 66 years old, WTF get over it. Ever since I've met her, MH has never forget her birthday and always make an effort to buy a birthday present and a Christmas present. 

She's such a drama queen, it drives me crazy. My birthday is not a big deal for me and I could careless if people forget, so I don't get why she makes a big deal out of it. I guess MH and I better not forget her birthday this year even though we will most likely be in the hospital or busy with LO. I will never hear the end of it. I did tell her that no matter what day it is, even if it's on Christmas day, MH and I will make sure we celebrate LO birthday.
    Dont let her get to you. My birthday is december 28th too. I LOVE it. I think it has also made me realize how much more important it is to have family around then it is to get gifts. Its nice my family is huge and pretty much the only time i can see them is around christmas and a lot of them have no problem staying for my birthday too.
  • Options
    @nashamber I haven't had anyone say anything to me during this pregnancy, but last time around whenever someone would comment on my workouts (usually older people) I would just say "that's really outdated advice." It usually shut them up, while at the same time giving them a little jab because they have no idea about the current recommendations for pregnancy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"