TTC After a Loss
Options

Jealous Monster

beemaya83beemaya83 member
edited September 2014 in TTC After a Loss

My sister and I are very close in age and have done almost everything together. We were both married less than a year a part. She has recently shared with me that she is no longer taking contraceptives. I was surprised as she hadn’t expressed to me that she was ready to start a family. Rather than being super happy and excited, the jealous monster is taking over. I’m almost sure she will become pregnant before I do, because the universe works that way. I keep telling myself that this is a great thing, and it will be awesome if we both have kids around the same time. But again, what if it takes me years to get pregnant? How will I react if she ever gives me the news and I’m still trying? I really hope that you ladies can understand where I am coming from. I really don’t have anyone else I would be willing to share these thoughts with.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Jealous Monster

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Yes I can understand. I am in a similar situation. My sis and I are BFF's and got married the same year. She is 3 years younger than me....

Problem is she did get KU and is due Oct/Nov.  It took her several years to get KU but it still hurts. I am so glad she has never experienced the pain of pregnancy loss.

It has been really tough. I don't know if I have a solution to offer. My sister has been very respectful to me and I really appreciate that. I hope that because you and your sister are so close that you can share your fears with her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Options
    negritosmaminegritosmami member
    edited September 2014
    my sis and i were pregnant together..three weeks apart...im married with a stable job and in my thirties...she has a 15hour a week retail job, the childs father was practically a one night stand and shes single in her early 20's. needless to say there are times i feel like why her and not me but i put those thoughts out my head as quick as they come. I dont judge you cause i totally understand why you would feel that way but please dont dwell on those thoughts too long..they are pointless!just focus on you and your life!!!If she gets pregnant first, great for her! just keep on pushing with what you are doing!

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oops..left out the part where i lost my child and she did not..cant edit my comment but insert that fact where it belongs please and thank you!

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Options
    I feel a sense of releif you both can relate to what i'm saying. If my sister ever does get pregnant I would definitely not want her to have to experience a loss. And yes, I will take your advice and not dwel on the "what if's". @MyFirstRaspberry and @negritosmami
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    edited September 2014
    My BFF suddenly decided a month after my mc that she was going to wean herself (under her doctor's supervision) off the anti-depressants she had been on for 4 years. Mind you, during my mc her husband found out (as did I) that she had been sending questionable texts to someone from work and their 6 month marriage was in a seriously bad place - to the point where I was counseling her husband on how not to have panic attacks while I was awake at 3 am with searing uterus cramps. Anyway, a month after that she has her IUD removed and they are doing the "pull out method". Then suddenly they are NTNP. At this point I had started trying again and we were 2 months in. She mentioned how great it would be for us to get pregnant together and I suddenly "knew" she would be pregnant before me. Fast forward 2 months and she tells me she is 5 weeks pregnant - a week after they have moved into their new house. She is now 13 weeks and I struggle daily with the knowledge. Your feelings are normal, and she may get PG before you (I totally get the "because that's how the universe works" thing which is how I "knew"), but then again, she may not. Try to remind yourself to take the space you need and even though it will feel like it directly impacts you: remember her success or failure has no baring on yours. (((hugs))) ETA: punctuation
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are dealing with such stress. I really do understand where you are coming from! My brother is 7 years younger than I am but we got married 3 months apart. My DH and I started ttc a year before they did and were already diagnosed IF when woops, his wife popped up pregnant and they "weren't even really trying." My SIL's pregnancy was very hard for me and I am sorry to say I did experience some jealousy. I think that is totally normal! It had no impact on my feelings for my little niece once she arrived, though. My brother and his wife are now talking about ttc#2... I dread getting the call that they are expecting before we get our rainbow. As bad as it was the first time around, I am sure it would be even worse after our loss.

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

• Options

My guess is that a lot of women who have experienced losses can relate to what you're going through.

I've found out that one of my best friends and H's cousin are pregnant now and I'm sooo happy for them, but I cried each time when they told me the news. Sometimes I wish I lived in a bubble so I didn't have to hear about or see other women's pregnancies, but then again it's real and I think it's important that we face our feelings about it. Just being able to acknowledge that we're jealous is a big deal. But I try not to turn that feeling of jealousy into resentment. I try to remind myself that another woman's pregnancy has nothing to do with my own and I need to keep a positive outlook on the future. ((Hugs))

• Options
    Girl, my jealous monster had been out and making way too many appearances for far too long! I am a middle child and have five siblings. I'm the only one without children. My 37 year old brother and his wife have a 9 and 7 year old and when I visited them over the summer were happy to share they were done having children. The same Brother called last week to share they are 20 weeks pregnant with twin boys (my Parents first Grandsons) and didn't even know they were pregnant until that day. I have ten nieces and now in Feb will be blessed to add two nephews. I would have been due with my triplets any day now. Your day will come! Stay strong. Many Hugs!!
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• Options
    My BFF is ridiculously fertile, like every time they have unprotected sex she gets pg. She is currently pg w/ #4 which happened "accidentally" from 1 single time having sex. She's also a week ahead of where I would have been so it's a constant reminder of where I "should" be. It totally normal to be jealous, envious, and all that jazz so don't beat yourself up about it. I totally get the "that's the way the world works" because that seems to be how my world works too :(

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    No judgment from me!  My Jealous Monster is in high gear.  Last week, my cousin (with whom I'm very close), called to tell me he and his wife were pregnant, due 19 days after my EDD.  Basically she didn't know she was pregnant when I told them we were expecting.  I am truly so happy for them, but you bet as soon as the phone call ended that I sobbed for a solid 45 minutes.  Also, another one of my best friends had been thinking about trying for her second (she has a child from a previous relationship) and once she found out I was pregnant she (well, and I, at the time) thought it would be amazing if we were pregnant together, so she started trying.  She's not KU yet, but since I'm TTA until December, I have a strong feeling she will be.  Again, will be so happy for her, just kind of pity-partying myself.

***Siggy Warning - loss mentioned***

Pregnancy Ticker

*S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*

ME: 32   DH: 38

BFP#1 - 7/18/14; EDD 3/23/14; MMC 8/11/14 (passed naturally on 8/17/14)

BFP#2 - 12/29/14; EDD 9/10/15 *PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOW!*

• Options
    I have felt the same way. I have a sister that got pg NTNP that is a little younger than me. As the oldest, I always felt I would be the first for everything. But then, of course, life happens. When she became pg, I was the first person she told (even before her hubby) because she was afraid to hurt my feelings knowing our IF battle. And I hated that. I have found that I've gotten over the jealousy about 99% (only when it comes to her; everyone else's pg, it's def still there). I've been to 2 u/s and an office visit w/ her. I even put all of the baby furniture/gear together. And I'm happy that I get to be in the delivery room when she gets induced tomorrow night! I think all of this helped me deal with it because it was going to be in my face regardless. It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do having gone through pg loss.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Married April 9, 2011
    TTC since October 2011
    Me 34, DH 40

IUI #5 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture Oct 24, 2014-->BFP!!! EDD July 17, 2015. Panorama=low risk...and it's a GIRL!
    DD born July 10, 2015
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Trying for baby #2!
    IUI #1 w/ Tamoxifen+Ovidrel+Acupuncture July 10, 2017-->BFP!!! EDD Apr 2, 2018. Panorama=low risk...and another GIRL!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is a little late but I can relate. My sister and I have been pregnancy twice at the same time and both times now I have lost the baby. It is hard especially with the first pregnancy when we were due 2 days a a part.

What helps for me is to admit my jealous and sadness and try to work through it. Not keep it all bottled up inside and to be honest with her if I am having a bad day.  It also helps to remind myself like meredithcarole said that everyone struggles with something we just might not know what it is.
    BFP #1 6.9.12 EDD 2.16.13 Ended in emergency surgery due to an ectopic 6.23.13
    BFP #2 9.6.13  Rainbow born 5.22.13
    BFP# 3 8.28.14 EDD 5.1.15  2nd u/s revealed Twins   m/c 9.21.14 
    BFP # 4 11.27.14 EDD 8.5.15  1 perfect bean @ 6 weeks

• Options
    I'm really sorry that you're dealing with that right now. I can't say how you should react but I would be feeling the same way. Hopefully you can find a way to cope with it if it does end up happening.
    BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• Options
    I am in the same boat. I have a SIL having her rainbow in the winter and another SIL starting to try. I am taking steps to be able to try again while we are on a break until DHs infection clears but each time I try to get ahead I also get a setback. It's frustrating and I am jealous of my SIL especially since she got PG on her first try with her older child. I should be better but I can't help how I feel. My heart sank when I found out she was pregnant again even though I was expecting it. I also dread for the phone call when SIL number 2 gets pregnant. I will be happy for them but also a little jealous and worried that I may not get my rainbow :(

me = 32  DH = 33

TFAS  

BFP2 august 2014 ended in m/c .... Gone but not forgotten....forever in my heart!

Slight MFI low count, morph, mobility

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4ea3a7">My Ovulation Chart</a> || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"