Stay at Home Moms

Need new ideas for meals for three year old, healthy and balanced of course.

I need some fresh healthy ideas for a picky eater who is stuck on sun butter and jelly sandwiches. She does eat veggies and Fruits but trying to come up with more protein and healthy fat options. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options please. Also about how much are you serving them? I'm wondering if my portion sizes seem accurate.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need new ideas for meals for three year old, healthy and balanced of course.

• My DS is younger, but he loves mini quiche - I add a bit of meat, cheese, veggies, etc, to a standard quiche recipe, pour into frozen mini tart shells, and bake. I make big batches and freeze them, then for lunch/dinner I just take a few out and pop them into the toaster oven.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Linnea503Linnea503 member
    edited September 2014
    Off the top of my head...Scrambled eggs, sausage, carrots, bell peppers, snap peas, tomato, apples and bananas with peanut butter, berries, grapes, oatmeal, lasagna, grilled chicken, salmon, baked fish sticks, avocado, Greek yogurt (he eats it plain or with a tiny amount of jam), cheese slices, chopped nuts, sliced turkey, lentil soup, chic peas, beans, applesauce, hard boiled egg.

Serving sizes are pretty small, about 1/3 of what I'd eat or less. He can always have more if he wants.

I'm pretty sure Sun Butter has added sugar (cane juice). You could at least try switching her to peanut or almond butter without sugar. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"