Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is my baby GINORMOUS?

MommaleenaMommaleena member
edited September 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Hello everyone,

I'd love some opinions/comparisons on my baby boy's weight & size at this stage (2 months). He was born on July 23 and weighed 8lbs 6oz, 20" long & head circ at 35cm. We went for his shots on Tuesday and his exact measurements were 12lbs, 22.5" long and head circ at 38.5cm. He is already fitting into 6 month clothing, lol!! Good Lord, is my baby HUGE or is it just me?!! You just want them to stay tiny for as long as possible... :'(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is my baby GINORMOUS?

• DD was born 8/1 and weighed 8 pounds...we go to the doc next Friday and I guarantee she is over 12 pounds!
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is only 2 weeks and starting to wear 6 month clothes lol. He was born 10 1/2 pounds though, so I'd say your son sounds healthy & normal!
    Oh my, 10 1/2 pounds! Makes ya wonder if they put a little miracle grow in our food supply hey!! Lol 

Congrats on your babies, ladies! :)

• My son is 6 weeks today and was born 8 pounds 4 ounces. We went to the doctor Tuesday because he was coughed a couple times in his sleep (first time mom here). He weighed 11 pounds 1 ounce. He's been in 3 month clothes since he was 3 weeks old. I'm hoping that it's normal, and it just means he is healthy
  • Sounds healthy. My girl was 8lbs 1 oz 20 in at birth and 11lbs 11oz 22 3/4 in at 2 month check up. Every clothing manufacturer is different too. Some brands she's in 3 mo and some 6 mo. She was in a lot of 3 month stuff the day we came home from the hospital. So, sounds like you have a healthy baby.
  • Ur baby is healthy. mine was the same at 8wks. Dr. was pleased and said LO was doing great.
  • DD was born 6/21/14 at 8 pounds even. At her 2 month appointment she was 98% percentile for height and weight at 14 pounds 1 ounce. I weighed her on her 3 month on the Wii fit and it said 16.5 pounds. Doc was happy at 2 months with her growth.

Every kid is different :) As long as they are growing then they are good. The doc will let you know if they are concered

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
    BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

• My daughter was 13.5 lbs and over 24 inches at 8 weeks. Now that is ginormous.
  • My son was also born on July 23rd at 8lbs even 22 inches long. At his two month he was 12lbs 23 1/4 inches. I don't understand how yours is fitting in 6month clothes. My son is bigger and still in 0-3 month clothes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Our DD was also born July 23, 8 lbs 12 oz, 20 inches. She had her 2 month appointment yesterday, she's up to 12 lbs 7 oz, 23 inches. She's in the upper percentiles for height and weight, but not off the charts or anything. And she mostly wears 3 month size clothes.
  • Both of mine were 8lb 9oz at birth. My son was 14lb 10oz at 2 months. At 2.5 yrs he's now on the small side, actually too small for 3t clothes (so skinny!).

My daughter was 13lb 2 oz at 7 weeks and 16lb 12 oz at 12 weeks. She's 15 mo now and so big she's in 3t clothes (the occasional 2t fits if it's stretchy).

You will have nice big arm muscles :)

• Sounds like a healthy baby to me  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • Lurker here.. Now I think my son is huge! He was 8lbs 21in at birth. Today at his 2m app he was at 15lbs 25in. I just switched him to 6 month clothing and my doctor said he is the size of a 4month old.

• 6m clothing is usually 3-6m so he seems pretty on track :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I love chubby babies! My daughter is a skinny minnie. She was 6lbs at birth and at 2 mos she weighed 9lbs, 6ozs. Doctor said she is healthy and that we should keep her :)
  • My daughter is 11 pounds and 22" (38 head circ) at 4 weeks. She's firmly in 0-3 month clothes. And some of those are too big.
  • I've got a skinny Minne too- 8 lbs at 9 weeks. We struggled with BFing for the first few weeks and she lost weight before she started gaining which has been on the slower end of normal- about 4 oz a week.
  • MommaleenaMommaleena member
    edited October 2014
    My son was also born on July 23rd at 8lbs even 22 inches long. At his two month he was 12lbs 23 1/4 inches. I don't understand how yours is fitting in 6 month clothes. My son is bigger and still in 0-3 month clothes.
    Most 6 month clothing he still doesn't fit into. It's actually just a couple of outfits sized 3-6 months and one labeled 6 months that he is able to wear. I'm finding that it depends on the manufacturer. Some fit smaller/larger than others.

• Sounds normal to me! DS was born 3 weeks early and was 7 lbs 6 oz 20 inches. now at 6 weeks he is 11 lbs 22 inches.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son was born 10 lbs 14 oz and 22 inches. As of 5 weeks he was 15 lbs 7 oz and the dr had no concerns.
    Together since: 1/19/09 Married: 3/14/09 Newest addition added: 9/7/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"