Multiples
Options

My glucose screening came back high

Hello ladies I am 26 weeks pregnant and my glucose screening came back a little high. I have to now take the two hour test and be fasting . I am so nervous I don't to have any complications for these twins. I wasn't fasting before I went to my screenings so I am wondering if that made me fail it. I was reading online that many women fail the screening but don't end with GD. Anyone have experience with this??

Re: My glucose screening came back high

• Options
    I had GD with my first pregnancy. I failed the 1hr and 3hr glucose test, so I had to check my sugar 4 times a day and watch my carb intake. It wasn't bad (only when I had cravings lol), and I delivered a perfect, healthy baby boy at 7lbs 2oz. I am pregnant again with twins, so they will check me earlier this time. Try not to worry too much about it, some women do pass their 2 or 3 hr test but fail the 1hr :) if you have any questions or want to chat let me know :) GL!
  • Options
    There are A LOT of women that fail the one hour and pass the two or three hour. There is such a low threshold on the one hour that it is easy to fail, especially if you are carrying multiples. So, don't freak out yet! And yes, what you ate that morning definitely could have factored in.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I fasted and still came back high with the one hour. The 3 hour came back normal. I do know several people who have failed the one hour and did fine on the 3, both fasting and fasting,GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Add me to the list! I failed the 1 hour (and not by a little) but passed the 3 hour. From talking to others, it seems that way more people fail the 1 hour than pass.

• Options
    I, too, failed the 1 hour. Barely but a fail is a fail. Passed the 3 hour with flying colors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I passed the one hour, but I just wanted to chime in that even if you fail the 2/3 hr you will likely still have super healthy babies!!! So try not to stress! My friend had GD with both her singletons and they were both under 7lbs and perfect!!!
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies!! Throughout this whole pregnancy so far I have been super healthy and lots of fruits . I haven't gained a lot of weight and was healthy weight before getting pregnant. I will take the test tomorrow and see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"