Multiples

Pregnancy Check-In Sept. 29, 2014

How many weeks are you?
How are you feeling?
Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share?

Qotw: what is your relationship like with you inlaws? What do you expect to happen when you have your babies and they come to visit? Do you get along great and have similar ideas or is it going to be a little tense?

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.

Re: Pregnancy Check-In Sept. 29, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • mrsrichey11mrsrichey11 member
    edited September 2014
    23w6d. V-day tomorrow!! As always, I am tired. I had a bp scare last Monday, everything is fine now but it scared the crap out of me! 165/104 is no joke! Sheesh. I have an appointment and ultrasound tomorrow and my shower is this Saturday! I'm so excited!

QOTW: My MIL passed away about five years ago, so its just my FIL and his girlfriend. I honestly have no idea what it will be like. He is never around anyways. His gf never comes out to dinner with the hubs and my BIL's and FIL when we have a get together once every few months. I honestly haven't seen her since I met her four years ago. He smokes in his house, so they will not be going to his house. Ever. And he knows this. If he wants to see them he knows he has to come to us. He only lives about an hour away. He wasn't a very involved dad to my husband, so I honestly don't see him as being a very involved grandpa. I have a feeling things are going to be tense.
    ***************SIGGY WARNING***************
    DX: PCOS and Endometriosis 
    TTC since May 2011
    HSG normal
    Hubs SA- Normal June 2012
    Aug. 2012: 50mg Clomid: No Response
    March 2013: 100mg Clomid: No Response
    July 2013: 5mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    August 2013: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Natural cycles Sept & Oct.--BFN
    Nov/Dec: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Jan 2014: 10mg Femara+Ovidrel+TI--BFN
    Feb: Benched due to cysts.
    March: Benched w/cysts.
    April: Femara+Follistim+Ovidrel+Prometrium
    BFP on Mother's Day 2014!! 
    EDD: January 20, 2015
    6week scan: TWINS!!!!!
    16w: Baby A is Stubborn, Baby B is a GIRL!
    20 week scan: TEAM PURPLE!
    The babies were born on December 16, 2014 at 35 weeks! They are home and doing well!

• @Ginabina good luck today!!! You must be so excited to finally meet your LO's!

How many weeks are you?
    33w5d

How are you feeling? Big, tired & sore. Although I've noticed my swelling has gone done some - especially on my left side . . .I spotted an ankle!

Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share? Growth scan today and it went well. Baby A was measuring 5.18 lbs and Baby B was measuring 4.83 lbs with the +/- 1.5 lb accuracy of the u/s. Next appt on Wed for the NST and follow up with my doctor.

QOTW: I have an OK relationship with my ILs, there is a bit of a cultural difference (they immigrated from China). My FIL is in nursing home and his wife is glued to his side as she doesn't believe the nursing home is doing a proper job caring for him. I don't expect to see her at all, which is fine because I think we would clash over parenting styles (we've clashed about my job, she did this with SIL too). They live 4 hrs from here so they won't see the twins probably until we make the trip to NYC to visit them, which probably won't happen until the spring/summer. 
    Me: 37 DH: 41
    Dx: Endometriosis
    TTC May 2012
    Jan 2014 IUI#1: BFN
    Feb 2014 IUI #2: BFP
    Beta #1: 403
    First u/s: 3/14 It is TWINS!!
    EDD: 11/12/2014 ~ Boys x2
    ~~ All welcomed ~~

• @ginabina11 - So excited for you!!  Hope everything went smoothly today!

How many weeks are you?
    34 weeks

How are you feeling? I'm getting tired really easily.  I have swollen ankles and heartburn, but overall I'm doing well. 

Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share? I have an ultrasound on Thursday...can't wait!  I have weekly NSTs, next one on Thursday as well.  The babies have looked great on each of the NSTs I've had, but I always have some problem.  Last week, I was having contractions during the test, but couldn't feel them.  The doctor was concerned so she did a cervix check, which caused minor bleeding/spotting (and me panicking at first!).  The contractions are similar to ones detected on a previous NST, and my cervix was still really high and barely a fingertip dilated so she's not overly concerned.  Hopefully, this Thursday's test is less stressful!!

QOTW:  I get along really well with my inlaws, but they do make me a little crazy at times.  They live nearby, and have offered to help watch the babies once I go back to work along with my parents.  They can be a little opinionated at times, but they usually will respect our opinions.  I'm a little nervous about it, but I think it will go well.  
  • How many weeks are you? 34 weeks
    How are you feeling? Tired, lots of bh, lots of heartburn
    Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share? No appointments till Friday, but we are finally making progress in the nursery. DH has 3 days in a row off this week so he thinks he can finish it then.

Qotw: what is your relationship like with you inlaws? What do you expect to happen when you have your babies and they come to visit? Do you get along great and have similar ideas or is it going to be a little tense?

We get along pretty well. MIL is actually a babysitter. At least MIL will be here a lot. We are debating on having SIL move in temporarily , but DH doesnt want to deal with her moodswings. She just doesn't have a job and it will be cheaper having her here helping then paying gas mileage and extra to his mom.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • How many weeks are you?

How are you feeling?

Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share?

12w 3d!!

Feeling pretty good, still super tired but other symptoms are gone.

Finally getting to graduate from RE to OB, appointment on Friday AM

I am super upset at my MILs reaction to us announcing that we were expecting and twins at that (her response was "whatever"!!!!!!) the drama fueled by her selfishness and us not taking her behavior any more. I'm sure it will be interesting, because it's gonna take effort on her part for me to even invite her to events anymore. I feel bad because hubby is between it all, wanting a relationship with her but also seeing how she is harming his family.
  • 20 weeks tomorrow and we have our Anatomy Scan. We already know we are having two baby girls but will be nice to get visual confirmation and check in on the babies.

TMI here but feeling good except for horrible constipation- I have battled it every pregnancy and the twins are NO exception.

My FIL passed away- my MIL is super nice but not super helpful- she is also a bit older- she will come in for a long weekend or two after the twins and help entertain my oldest and hold one of the twins but we are so spoiled because my mom is just awesome with the kids.  
  • How many weeks are you?  20w on Thurs (no idea how that's possible!)
    How are you feeling?  Fantastic!  H & I took a babymoon last week, which was amazing.  And we both got to feel the babies move for the first time, so special!
    Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share?   We had our A/S yesterday and found out we're team purple!!!  I am beyond thrilled and have no come down from cloud nine since yesterday morning :D

QOTW:  I love my ILs, I seriously feel so blessed to have become apart of their family.  Especially when I hear horror stories from others, I just count my lucky stars!  We will be eager for them to be here to help with the babies, or go see them often, no doubt!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many weeks are you? 28 +3 How are you feeling? Feeling kinda like a beached whale. Ha! Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share? Had an ultrasound two days ago. The girls are 3lbs 1oz each and measuring 2 weeks ahead. They are practicing breathing, have full bellies, and are looking great. Qotw: what is your relationship like with you inlaws? What do you expect to happen when you have your babies and they come to visit? Do you get along great and have similar ideas or is it going to be a little tense? My FIL is pretty awesome, I love him a lot and often feel guilty about not having him over more. He never takes the initiative to just come over on his own and I get so caught up in our own little lives I lose track of time and forget to have him over for months at a time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 18 weeks 5 days!!
    Good. Definitely slowing down. Heartburn is here for sure!
    Tomorrow is my Anatomy US!! Super excited!

My inlaws are amazing! Seriously- they have been there for all major events in our families lives! Cannot wait for them to be here!

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • AMSharkAMShark member
    edited September 2014
    Hello - I hope its ok if I join this check-in.  I've never done a proper introduction.  I guess I'm a lurky-lou.

How many weeks are you? 9w6d today
    How are you feeling? Eerily symptom free - apart from fatigue, headaches & heartburn - but none of it so bad that I can't deal.
    Any news or dr. Appointment updates to share? I had a spotting scare yesterday, and I went in for a quick check up with the OB to make sure all was ok - and it seemed to be.  I got to get a quick peek on the U/S - I can never really get enough of that.

I love my in-laws.  My MiL is especially awesome - I think I'm really lucky.  It's all a very good thing, b/c we live in the same town - which would be awful if we didn't get along.
    I'm sure MiL will want to help when the babies come, but she doesn't know there will be 2 yet, so it might be more of a challenge than she's bargained for.  Fortunately, my parents live close too (just one town away), and my mom is in great shape at 72.  She'll probably also want to help, and between the two of them (MiL & Mom), I plan to accept a lot of help.

*** edited for spelling & clarity ***

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"