July 2014 Moms
Options

Baby not taking bottle....help!

So I have to go back to work in 2 weeks and my daughter won't take the bottle. Any suggestions??!!!

Re: Baby not taking bottle....help!

• Options

Is she not taking it from anyone or just from you? Also are you warming the milk?

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I left the house and had DH give the bottle the first few times. We tried a few different bottles, LATCH worked best for us. Now she will take the bottle and I can be on the couch with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our DD didn't take to a bottle right away. We tried a different one everyday until she finally found one she liked. The Munchkin LATCH worked for us as well. We try to give it to her everyday to get her used to it before I go back to work. Try different brands and nipples, have someone else give it to her while you're out of the room, try warming it or cooling it down. Just keep trying and hopefully she will take to it soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My ds likes the wide neck dr. Browns bottles. He refuses the standard size and will only do the wide neck with warm bm. I'm trying to do a bottle a day until he goes to my mil on Monday and my dh has to keep him while I have surgery on Thursday. Then we can ease back to every other day until I go back later in October.
  • Options
    As others have suggested, have someone else give her the bottle while you are out of the room.  I had to go through quite a few bottles before I found that she like the Avent Naturals bottles the best.  I have a cabinet full of Tommee Tippee, Gerber, Dr. Brown, Latch, drop-ins, etc.

• Options
    marsalisailsmarsalisails member
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    We tried different bottles and nothing helped. It's better now- what seemed to help was warming the bottles at a higher temperature than we had been. That or he adjusted. IDK
  • Options
    My dh has to walk lo almost to sleep before he feeds him with a bottle. Then he kind of dream feeds him.
    image.
  • Options
    Don't give up! DS would take a bottle ok from DH but only sometimes. Well, he started daycare this week. (He will be going Tuesdays and Thursdays.) He has decided he hates the bottle and would rather reverse cycle, meaning he's eating almost all his calories at night...when we should be sleeping. My DD did the same thing, only I worked full time back then. It was awful. She did adjust eventually, but it took her quite a bit of time.
  • Options
    I am having the same problems. Tried five types so far. She won't even attempt to suck. She flicks at it and pushes it away. I have even left the house on two occasions for two hrs. DH has tried feeding her in all different positions. He even wrapped my shirt around her. We have warmed the nipple and the milk. Nothing works! Pediatrician recommended try feeding her from a cup. Ugh
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How long have you been trying to give her a bottle? 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. It's terrible. I have tried everything. Every bottle, temp, location....it's terrible. I get no break and resent DH for sleeping at night. Hopefully she will come around.

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    I have been trying since birth. She took it a handful of times in her first few weeks of life than decided she just liked the breast more I guess
    BabyName Ticker 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for your 1st post and never bothering to read the replies.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"