Trouble TTC
Options

So beyond frustrated - opinions wanted

So I'm prepping to go to an RE for the first time by requesting my medical records from my OB/Gyn.  Under his care I had an HSG and a transvaginal ultrasound for what I suspect is endo hoping I might get lucky and it would show up.  

Those happened in April of this year and the only thing I was told, after much prodding, was that my left tube flowed but very slowly.  Nothing wrong with my right side and nothing of concern on my ultrasound.  

Last night I received my records and my ultrasound had the terms "focal cystic change" and "subcentimeter myometrical cyst" Dr. Google isn't doing me any good because it's saying the first is a sign of endo.  If that's the case, WTH why didn't my Dr. tell me that?!  I know, I know, I should be seeing an RE anyway because OB/Gyn's are pointless but I was hoping something like this would have been brought up.  

So I have a couple of questions.  Have any of you heard of a "focal cystic change" or a "subcentimeter myometrical cyst" and should I be worried.  Babe wants me to call the office and speak to an office manager about it to see if I could get treatment while it's covered instead of going through the RE.  I on the other hand am a little leery of going back considering my records were chalked full of misinformation about physicals and paps that I never took with them and my husbands SA which he never seemed concerned about before.  

What would you do if you were me?  I'm seething and don't want to make any rash decisions or decisions that could cost us a lot of unnecessary money.

Re: So beyond frustrated - opinions wanted

• Options
    I would see an RE.  I don't have IF coverage, but all of my ultrasounds and treatments have been covered by insurance.  I had a similar experience with my OB just not reading my tests or telling me everything was fine when it wasn't.  It was so frustrating and I'm so happy I started going to an RE and I wish I did it earlier.  
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
    Jan 2014   - OB started some testing 
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                         - SA - Normal, but tested positive for Ureaplasma
                         - Both of us on antibiotics to treat ureaplasma
                         - Blood work - progesterone: 15.9, TSH: 0.89, FT4: 1.2, Prolactin: 33.4 
    Feb 2014   - Endometrial Biopsy - Normal
    Mar 2014   - Prolactin: 22.9, referred to RE
    Apr 2014   - First RE appointment, put on medication for high prolactin levels 
                      - Clomid (50 mg) 1 follicle, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - Second SA - All Normal, borderline morph (5%) 
    May 2014   - Clomid (100mg) 2 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
                      - blood work: Estradiol: 32.7, FSH: 5.3, Prolactin: 14.1
    June 2014  - IUI #1, Clomid (150 mg), 3 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN 
    July 2014   - IUI #2, Clomid (150 mg), 4 follicles, Trigger shot - BFN
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN
                       -Progesterone test 4 DPIUI - 7.8...started crinone.
    Oct 2014 - IUI #5 Follistim 150 3 possibly 4 follicles - Trigger Shot - BFN
    Oct/Nov 2014 - Follistim 150 with TI & Trigger shot - ???

**October Siggy Challenge**

I don't even know what he is supposed to be!

**EVERYONE WELCOME!! :)**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a somewhat similar experience with OB/GYN's who had no idea what they were doing. Everything was so much easier once I met with the RE. I agree with PP and would redo all of the tests also. Good luck!
    Me-33 DH-36.
    Married 11/10 TTC 11/10
    06/11- diagnosed with PCOS 
    7/11- D&C and benched for a year 
    9/12-4/13-6 rounds of 50 mg Clomid- no sucess 
    6/13- new doc
    7/13-4/14- 6 more rounds of Clomid. 50 mg and then stepped up to 100mg- no success 
    5/14-7/14- took break waiting for new insurance 
    7/14-new insurance= new doc- actually a RE!!!! 
    7/14-HSG and blood test good-PCOS confirmed by new doc 
    10/14 looking forward to 1st IUI w/ Menopur. Blood Test= Negative
    11/14- IUI #2
    w/ Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    1/15- IUI # 3 w/
    Menopur- Blood Test= Negative
    2/15- Self Benched this cycle
    3/15/15-Suprise BFP on natural cycle!!!! EDD-11/16/15

• Options
    I would start fresh with an RE, but show him what you have on file. Your OB is a nitwit, honestly, and not worth your time or insurance money. Good luck!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Wow, your medical file actually includes fake/wrong data??? What's wrong with that office? I would not return. For all you know the observations they made at the ultrasound were way off. Plus, if a laparoscopy is needed for suspected endo based, it should be covered by insurance. That's what the RE told us, but maybe others can confirm or refute based on their experience to make sure?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    My insurance specifically says "does not cover Infertility treatments" and every ultrasound and test ordered from my RE or my OB has been covered.  The only thing that isn't covered is the IUI and IVF procedure.  I would work with your RE...at least in my experience, they are skilled with working with insurances and getting as much covered as possible.

Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
    Aug 2014   - IUI #3, Femara 2.5, 3 follicles, Trigger shot (first time done by DH!!) - BFN
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal
    Sept 2014 - IUI #4 Femara 2.5, 1 follicle, possibility of another one, Trigger shot - BFN

• Options
    Wow, your medical file actually includes fake/wrong data??? What's wrong with that office? 
    YES!! In fact it even says somewhere on it that I've had a positive blood pregnancy test through them.  A) I've never had any blood drawn through them and B) I've never had a positive test on file anywhere!  

One other question though.  I only received my reports from the ultrasound and HSG.  Shouldn't there be images and should I also request them?  
  • Options
    I have not personally seen the HSG images, but my doctors have.  I believe they could request the write up (another Dr preformed the HSG) and the actual HSG scan from the hospital.  Ultrasounds I've seen the actual pictures.  

I can't believe there were things in your file that never happened - I feel like they should be reported or something.  And I thought my OB was bad!
    Me (29), DH (32)
    Aug 2011  - Married
    Jan 2013   - Started TTC
                         - HSG - Normal
                         - Ultrasound - Normal
                      - Hysteroscopy - Normal

• Options
    Wow, your medical file actually includes fake/wrong data??? What's wrong with that office? 
    YES!! In fact it even says somewhere on it that I've had a positive blood pregnancy test through them.  A) I've never had any blood drawn through them and B) I've never had a positive test on file anywhere!  

One other question though.  I only received my reports from the ultrasound and HSG.  Shouldn't there be images and should I also request them?  
    That is completely crazy-- I would talk directly to their office about that AND file a complaint with the medical board or whoever handles that stuff. Pretty sure it's a serious violation, if not illegal, to have that kind of misinformation in your chart-- not to mention it makes coordinating care completely pointless, if they are going to be giving inaccurate records to other providers.

Good luck with going to an RE, if I were you I would want all tests repeated including the HSG... I just wouldn't trust anything this OB office has to say after what they have put you through.

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Options
    You should only be working with a doctor you can genuinely trust. If that's not your obgyn, don't go back. Go to the RE so you ca be confident about the opinions you get from any new tests

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Wow, sorry that you're dealing with that.  I agree with everyone else -- I'd go to an RE and work on getting some real answers, from new tests if the RE cannot make sense of your records.  The whole thing sounds so weird to me.  It just doesn't add up...but you already know that.  FX it all becomes clear soon.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"