Multiples
Options

Size difference in older twins

When my di/di girls were born, Josie was bigger than Alex. Alex was a better eater (boob/bottle) and surpassed Josie in size within 2 weeks. Josie had boob issues and spit up a lot. Now that they are eating solids, Josie is finally eating huge amounts of food. She is insatiable. But she is about 4 lbs smaller than her sister. 

Is it possible for them to switch again or catch up to one another? Just curious!!
********************************************************************************************
Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage

Re: Size difference in older twins

• Options
    Yep, could catch up... :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine have always been around 2 pounds apart.  At birth, they were only 10 ounces different.  

They both eat around the same but I attribute the difference to many things.  The smaller guy is way more active and mobile.  Also, they just have different body types.  

My sister and I are two years apart, but I am 3 inches taller and straight and narrow.  She is shorter and super curvy.  Growing up, our weights might have intersected or flipped but overall our genetics determine body type, etc.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Anything is possible, but a weight difference, especially in frats, isn't uncommon or worrisome. My guys were born 7oz apart, quickly developed about a 2lbs difference, and now have about a 3lbs difference, at 20mos old. I'm sure the gap will just become wider, over time. They are also nearly 3" apart in height. 
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options
    My Baby B (di/di) was born 4 oz bigger, but now at 2 years old he's 4 lbs smaller :) So size differences, particularly in di/di's, are very common!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am not worried since they are both healthy and in the normal range, but am finding the whole thing kind of funny.  The size difference really confuses people - I think if I told them they were 4 months apart, they would believe me!

And you are right to point out siblings - my sister is 3 years younger but when I was about 8 and she was 5, we could share clothes. She towers over me and is a good few sizes bigger. I guess they will be like her and I :) 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am not worried since they are both healthy and in the normal range, but am finding the whole thing kind of funny.  The size difference really confuses people - I think if I told them they were 4 months apart, they would believe me!

And you are right to point out siblings - my sister is 3 years younger but when I was about 8 and she was 5, we could share clothes. She towers over me and is a good few sizes bigger. I guess they will be like her and I :) 

My twins are ten months old with a five pound difference. People don't seem to believe me when I say they are twins since they appear to be several months apart.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"