February 2013 Moms
Options

Check-in from me and T&P appreciated... again **update**

kelly321kelly321 member
edited September 2014 in February 2013 Moms
I've been missing since Friday when DH accidentally dropped my ipad and the screen shattered. That's what I usually bump from, so I've been on an involuntary hiatus. I haven't gotten around to sending the ipad in for repairs yet, though, because DH is in the hospital. On Saturday he was talking to his brother and for 5 minutes what he wanted to say wasn't what was coming out of his mouth.
So he's had tons of tests run for a stroke, but thankfully they can't find any sign that it was stroke-related. However, they can't figure out what it was, so he's still in the stroke ICU being carefully watched. Hopefully he'll be coming out tomorrow, but we'll see. T&P are appreciated.

**Update**
So it turns out it was indeed a little stroke (TIA) because of a hole he has in his heart (PFA for the medically versed among us). He'll have a minor surgery to fix it (they don't have to open his chest, just go up through a vein in his groin) in about a month or two and is on blood thinners until then and then for a while after the surgery. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm glad they've found something they can fix and now will just pray surgery goes smoothly.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

Re: Check-in from me and T&P appreciated... again **update**

• Options
    I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time lately Kelly :( T&P for you.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    Oh no! Sending got thoughts and we'll keep you and your husband in our prayers.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my goodness! That's awful, I'm so sorry! T&Ps for your DH!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    Hugs!!  Thinking of you and your family...

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    That sounds so scary. I hope the doctors are able to figure out what's happening. Big hugs to you. How are you holding up?

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• Options
    Thanks, everyone. I'm holding up as well as can be expected, I suppose. I'm really trying to be patient with the girls since they're confused, too. And the fact that it's coming so soon after my dad's death is making everything a little more difficult. My palms got all sweaty when I visited DH this morning as I looked at the monitors and it made me think of the week I spent with my Dad in the ICU. And when we were taking DH to the hospital, DD1 said, "We're taking Papa to the hospital, then he's going to go where Grandpa is now." (i.e. heaven) DH and I looked at each other and I said very firmly, "No. No he is not." Sigh.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP

• Options
    How scary!  Many T&Ps for your family!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you are doing okay; sending prayers for your H (and you)!

• Options
    Oh no! How scary for everyone. Glad to hear he is doing okay. Hopefully you will have some answers soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs to you Kelly, hang in there.  And a speedy recovery, and T&P to your DH!

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    Praying for you and your family. Stay tough Mama! You can do this!!
  • Options
    Hope all is well!! Sounds like a TIA or a seizure (I work on a stroke unit). 
  • Options
    Oh my...I'm so sorry.  Thinking of you and hoping that your DH is able to come home soon!
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
  • Options
    That's so scary... Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!!

• Options
    wells2010 said:
    Hope all is well!! Sounds like a TIA or a seizure (I work on a stroke unit). 
    Bingo. (going to update in a minute) TIA due to a pfa in his heart. He'll have surgery in a month or two and is on blood thinners until then.

• Options
    That is scary but thankfully the problem has been caught and will be essily fixed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad you got some answers!  Continued T&Ps!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DC2London said:
    Oh my!  How old is he?  That's terrifying.  I'm so sorry but I'm glad that they found the root of the problem and that it's treatable.  Sending T&P that the surgery goes well.
    He's 35. He said he felt really out of place in the stroke ICU :)

• Options
    I am so glad they found the PFA and can fix it so this won't happen again!

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

• Options
    Sending good vibes and prayers your way for a smooth surgery.

I like cookies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"