May 2012 Moms
Options

What's the news lately

Whats new in general ladies? We haven't done a real check in for a while. I've been really busy with work, so just sporadically lurking on my phone. 

We've been working on DD's potty training with pretty good success at home where she'll go to the potty on her own, pull down her pants and go without us constantly asking. She's got like 95% success at home, but next to none at day care. I think since she wears diapers there she gets lazy where we taken them off as soon as we get home. 

She is talking up an absolute storm. I can actually barely get a word in edgewise with this kid now. She's so independent and wants to do everything herself god help me if I try to help her. 

Her latest fave things are Bubble Guppies, anything to do with dinosaurs and carrying our foster cats everywhere. She is very much my child the way she is so obsessed with cats and her books. She may look like DH, but WHOA does she ever have my personality (aka temper, lol). Our schedule is really packed right now, but next year DH is supposed to be away for half the year on a training course and I'd like to get her into some activities like swimming, soccer, or maybe dance or gymnastics. Any moms with kiddos already in these type of activities that can recommend what they liked? I just want something to fill in our evenings a little better once it's just her and I. She's really active and out going so I think it would be a good outlet for her energy.

I had the day off today so we made a day trip to Toronto and went to the new Ripleys aquarium. DD loved it, and I'd recommend it to all you Canadian mommas. Really great place. She couldn't get enough of the shark tank.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What's the news lately

• Options
    Things haven't been great here lately. DH just finished a heavy travel period where he was gone more than home the past month, meanwhile our 14 year old dog started declining very rapidly and we had to have him euthanized last weekend. DD is struggling to understand and brings it up several times a day. It's hard to find the right things to say that won't scare her but still make her understand he isn't coming back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are settling into our new home nicely, one of the things we did right after we moved was to join the ymca so we could get active and meet some new people. Em had her first swimming lesson yesterday and loved it! Today we went to the library kids program and then she had soccer tots at the YMCA. Littleredfish, you should check out your local ymca, ours has tons of activities for kids and the membership is pretty reasonable.

Em is also firmly in the "no" stage as well and is talking up a storm. We dont always understand what she is saying but she clearly knows. She is getting a little less shy which is also nice. I still can't leave her at the YMCA daycare without her freaking out but we are working on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"