Food Allergy
Options

advice/recipes for total elimination diet

Hi ladies,

I'm starting the Dr. Sears elimination diet tomorrow and am looking for advice, suggestions and recipes.  I'm most worried about not being able to pinpoint LO's sensitivities and not being able to get enough calories.

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: advice/recipes for total elimination diet

• Options
    Following. Sorry no advice, I am starting the diet tomorrow for the same reason. I am worried I will wither away. lol.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry you are having so much trouble with your little ones! In terms of being worried about not getting enough calories, you will likely loose weight, I lost about 10lbs pretty quickly but then leveled out after that. If you get worried it is affecting your milk calorie content depending on where you live some lactation centers have machine that can test your breast milk for calorie and fat content.
    The thing that helped me the most in terms of feeling full and getting enough to eat was adding lamb as a meat and not just doing turkey. Lamb was hard for me to eat because they are so cute and it just didn't seem like something I wanted to eat. However, lamb is VERY fattening and helped me have variety and helped me to feel like I actually ate something!! I use to make lamb and pear kabobs they were pretty good. I liked making spaghetti squash and ground turkey with some olive oil and salt and pepper, I liked that too. It was also something different to make ground turkey and put it on top of sweet potatoes. Baked sweet potato chips were something crunchy. I added a ton of olive oil to everything I ate, I literally just poured it onto stuff, that helped to add fat and flavor. Rock salt and olive oil were my best friends :). Good luck to both of you!!!!! I will try to add you to the group (my skills in locating the group have been subpar lately!) I never get on on my computer, only my phone so I think that affects the way I can access the group! If you go back through our big long thread I think there are some good ideas on there as well! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try looking at specialty recipes via google (like dairy free, nut free, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, grain free, raw food) and combining them. I'll look up 5 different versions of a recipe and combine them while eliminating allergenic ingredients and it turns out well at least 85% of the time, (closer to 95% now that I've been at it awhile).

Especially since, if you're doing the diet properly your list of allowed food will grow after 2 weeks and continue to grow!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry, just saw this too! I bought a few kitchen gadgets for my diet! A mandolin, dehydrator and a fryer....I do really thin slices of pears and dehydrate them....since I can have apples now I do them too!  I fry a ton!  I make homemade chips (sweet and regular potato) and homemade fries!  Delish!  I also found the jumbo turkey legs at Kroger and grill them slow over mesquite charcoal,  I swear they taste like Disney's!  :)  A go too savior has been homemade tortillas!  1.5 cups of white rice flour, 1/2 cup of potato starch, 1 tsp xantham gum, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 TBS of oil....mix and roll out, cook on in a skillet!  SO GOOD! I also found that The Kettle Brand Sea Salt chips have not bothered us!  Quaker Oats lightly salted rice cakes,  Arrowhead Mills puffed rice cereal (ordered on amazon) You'll be amazed at what you can come up with! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"