VBAC

How long should I wait???

So DD just turned 1 last month and DH and I have been talking about the next baby. I'm turning 29 soon and we would like to have 4 kids, but I do NOT want four csections!!! I haven't done much research on it yet since we just started talking about #2, so I'm wondering how long should we wait for me to heal until next baby to increase a successful vbac? I understand that there are risks any time, but I would like to know actual success stories and time frames if that made sense? Please no sad or scary stories....I'm trying to stay optimistic lol :)

Answers

• My OB said at least 18 months between births

• I had a c-section with my first, then a VBAC with my second 19 months later, another VBAC 20 months after that, and the one I'm currently pregnant with will be about 22 months after the last one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Where I live they want a full 2 years between births to ensure everything is healed and strong again. So you can get pregnant, as long as your due date is 2 years after first.
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My dr said I only had to wait 6 months after my first, but I don't know if I trust that advice! This baby will be due exactly 24 months after my first and every OB I interviewed gave me a green light to try for a VBAC. Not sure if there's a minimum standard, but they seemed to think I was well past it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"