January 2014 Moms

names

What was the other name you almost used for lo?

If lo would of been the opposite sex, what was the potential name?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: names

• Julia was close to being Ellen. We would of called her ellie.
    the boys name we were set on was Daniel. Aka Danny as well.

• The other name we had picked out for DS was Aiden. We had it picked out since DD was like 3 months old. DH decided it was too popular.

We didn't have one picked out if LO had ended up being a girl, but I liked Chloe.
  • Loading the player...
  • @esd I have a work friend who is over due for her baby girl but they have Charlotte picked out. It's a cute name.

• We only had one boy name which is Ashton.

If he were a she we would've called him Leeann
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Haha...DD's name is Charlotte. I see that is mighty popular

If she were a boy....she would've been Bentley.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Hope and Weston

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Other girl name was Charlotte.  Boy names were Olliver or Samuel

• We didn't have another girl name picked out, we are lucky that we even agreed on the one she has! Ha

Charles Henry is our boy name.

Heaven help us if we have a girl - I'm still holding out for either Audrey or Camille
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We didn't know what we were having so we had two girl and two boy names picked. We went with Adalyn but Audrey was our second choice. For a boy we liked Everett and Nolan.
  • My husband wanted to name DS Alexander (his name) and call him Axel. If he had been a girl she would have been Lillian and called her Lily.
  • Second choice for our boy was Brayden. If it was a girl,name would've been Ava.
  • Arya808 said:

We had decided on Lana a long time ago, so we never came up with a 2nd choice. Although... I would LOVE to name the 2nd Maya if it's a girl after Maya Angelou. I would never name my child after another person, except for her. She has always been such a huge source of inspiration for me.

Our boy names are Bruce and Declan. @chicki1012 beat me to the punch for Declan ;)
    Yeah it's crazy how I'm hearing of Declan more and more. At first I didn't like it, it's DH who loved it. DH likes Irish names cause he is part Irish. We went to the hospital with Liam and Declan. DS came out with a lot of dark hair and he looked like a Declan. Liam is very very popular so that was one reason why I didn't like it.
    If we had a girl it would of been Keely, another Irish name.
    @Arya808‌ well your next LO if it's a boy go for Declan. :)
  • If Vivienne was a boy, her name would have been Julian Peter (Jude as a nickname).  We were up in the air about whether to name her Vivienne or Audra.  Vivienne won.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Shepherd. I will use it if i ever have a boy.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • DS2 was almost Henry or Patrick.  If he was a girl he would have been Helen Elizabeth.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Is DS was a girl his name would have been Brooklyn tatum. By the time DD came along my SIL named my niece Brooklyn so it was between Bailey and her name now.
  • Boy names were hard!  Our only other boy name was Colton, Colt for short.  If he was a girl I really wanted Emma but it was way too popular so he would have been Gemma Kay.
  • If Emerson was a boy her name would have been Lucas Charles or Lucas Kai.  Our other girl name was Sawyer Mae.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• We couldn't agree on a girls name if our lives depended on it. Good thing we had a boy! But Nolan won over Cooper, which we are still keeping for next time.
  • DD didn't have a name until she was several hours old. I thought I was going to look at her and she would have been Evelyn Collette. Newp. Didn't happen.

Boy names we couldn't agree on and stopped discussing after the A/S.

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • If dd were a boy she would have been Joseph Elias, nn Joey. We'll use it still if we have a boy in the future. Kate was the only girl name we could agree on, I considered Kathlyne(after both grandmothers) with Kate as nn but dh was not on board.

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Other girl name was Lillian, nn lily, boy name would have probably been Declan.
  • I was between Nicholas and Liam. I sett

• Oops! Hit reply too fast. I settled on Nicholas with the middle name being Liam because Liam is so popular that I didn't want him to deal with that. Although I love the name!

For a girl the names were Charlotte and Alexandra.

• chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited September 2014

Other girl name was Lillian, nn lily, boy name would have probably been Declan.

Yahhh, wow another Declan.
    :)
    ETA: I missed @sclover92‌ :)
  • Arya808 said:

Arya808 said:

We had decided on Lana a long time ago, so we never came up with a 2nd choice. Although... I would LOVE to name the 2nd Maya if it's a girl after Maya Angelou. I would never name my child after another person, except for her. She has always been such a huge source of inspiration for me.

Our boy names are Bruce and Declan. @chicki1012 beat me to the punch for Declan ;)
    Yeah it's crazy how I'm hearing of Declan more and more. At first I didn't like it, it's DH who loved it. DH likes Irish names cause he is part Irish. We went to the hospital with Liam and Declan. DS came out with a lot of dark hair and he looked like a Declan. Liam is very very popular so that was one reason why I didn't like it.
    If we had a girl it would of been Keely, another Irish name.
    @Arya808‌ well your next LO if it's a boy go for Declan. :)

@chicki1012 I still love the name Declan, but will it sound weird if both of our kids have "lan" in their names?? 
    Not at all, the sounds are different I honestly think it's super cute. Lana and Declan.
    :)
  • We had a list of maybe 5 boys names, and we actually didn't settle on his until I was in the hospital waiting for the induction to get going.  

Girl would have been Sarah Catherine.  But now I think if we have a girl, I might pick something else. 
  • @NenaMarie84‌ our girls have the same name, only spelled different. You are the only other I've come across so far. Though, I'm already annoyed having to pronounce it 5 times when peoplw ask her name lol

My boy name would have been Logan, and my alt names were Alice and Sakura.
  • I was pushing for Nicholas, but DH thoight that sounded nerdy. Lucas won - I had a hard time getting over Lucas from days of our lives. I always thought he was whiny.

Girl name was Ava Hope. DDs middle name is faith, and I kinda want a "faith, hope, and love".
    AnnRenee 1/21/03
    Luke 12/30/2013
  • My H picked River's name. It took me a while to come around to it but it really suits her. I always loved Emmaline Jane for a girls name, but now I have a River Emmaline ;)
    Had she been a boy, name would have been Oliver Edward.
  • @Sakura16‌ how is your LO's name spelled? We looked at spelling it different ways since there seems to be lots of options. We haven't come across others with the name yet but read somewhere it's one of the fastest growing names in 2014. Like you we also have to pronounce it for people too. When we picked the name I never expected people to have a hard time with it but a lot do.
  • We were so stuck on Annabelle up until like 1 month to go. Then I was just sick of it one day. We went with Lily, which is a name I've loved for years, but due to its popularity I was against it at first. I decided I didn't care about the popularity anymore because I reeeeaaallllly loved it. I'm so happy we named her Lily and not Annabelle, especially now that that new creepy doll movie called Annabelle is coming out. I take it as a sign I made the right choice, lol. :)

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • @NenaMarie84 we spell it Adelyn. I love the name more and more as she grows into it :)
  • @mkat10414‌ Is that River like in Firefly?

Patrick would have been Anneke if he was a girl. Now I'm not in love with the name so I'm glad he is a boy!

I'm actually excited to pick out a name for the next baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• @PaintTheAir‌ it is River like from Firefly/Dr. Who. :) H is slightly obsessed with Dr. Who and I love Firefly. He wanted to go full out and name her River Song...but I refused.
  • Eleanor (Ellie) and Margaret (Maggie) were our runners up. We didn't have a boy name because we didn't start discussing the name until a month before my due date!
  • DD (Norah) could have bee Susanna. If she was a boy she would've been Julian or James
  • We had decided on Lana a long time ago, so we never came up with a 2nd choice. Although... I would LOVE to name the 2nd Maya if it's a girl after Maya Angelou. I would never name my child after another person, except for her. She has always been such a huge source of inspiration for me.

Yeah it's crazy how I'm hearing of Declan more and more. At first I didn't like it, it's DH who loved it. DH likes Irish names cause he is part Irish. We went to the hospital with Liam and Declan. DS came out with a lot of dark hair and he looked like a Declan. Liam is very very popular so that was one reason why I didn't like it. If we had a girl it would of been Keely, another Irish name. @Arya808‌ well your next LO if it's a boy go for Declan. :)
    @chicki1012 I still love the name Declan, but will it sound weird if both of our kids have "lan" in their names?? 
    Not at all, the sounds are different I honestly think it's super cute. Lana and Declan. :)
    I agree - plus I say the "lan" in Declan differently than I say the "lan" in Lana so I think they work as a sibset
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"