I bought a set of used wooden dollhouse furniture on ebay. As I pulled it out of the box I could smell the musty odor of mold. Most of the wood is unfinished/ untreated but some pieces are partially painted. I cleaned off the visible mold with 7th gen disinfecting wipes but the wood still smells. I'll put them out in the sun tomorrow too to see if that helps. Or bleach? Am I wasting my time trying to get them clean? Now this is what I get for trying to be crunchy and thrifty.
Before I cleaned it: the worst visible mold is on the section below the green door - sorry it's not a great pic: