High-Risk Pregnancy

70% effaced at 32 weeks - anyone experience this or similar?

Hi ladies. I have been having contractions since 2nd trimester which have gotten worse throughout this pregnancy. Totally normal for a 35 year old on my 3rd pregnancy. After a bad night Wed and 5 contractions in 30 minutes yesterday morning I called my doc and went in. My doctor was in surgery so I saw someone else. Contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and I am 70% effaced. I am 32 weeks 2 days. So they gave me a steroid shot for baby's lungs and sent me to the hospital for a shot to stop the contractions. I was there most of the day and they managed to slow the contractions a lot but said they won't stop completely. So they gave me a prescription for Procardia to help slow down contractions at home and told me to stay off my feet over the weekend until I see my doc on Monday.

\
Has anyone had experience with this? Were you put on strict bed rest? I have already been on a sort of modified bed rest, meaning my doc said to get in bed whenever contractions started getting more regular, which has been practically every late afternoon/evening. She had said to call her if I ever got to more than 5 an hour which is why I called yesterday. I am not dilated. If you did experience this, did you make it to full term? With being so used to contractions, how will I know if I am in actual labor? We have a 2 hour drive to the hospital and I am panicked I won't make it, especially since DS came out in an hour after labor started! If any of you have experience or know someone who had experience with this I would love to hear from you!

\
Thanks!}

Re: 70% effaced at 32 weeks - anyone experience this or similar?

• I did at e weeks but I was also dilated to 1 cm while being on the 17p shot ... they stopped labor and I went into labor again at 34 weeks .. they didn't do anything other than give fluids that time because they don't stop it at 34 weeks but it stopped by its self I was at 4cm and 80% .. I was on strict bed rest till I ended up having my almoste 1 year old at 36 weeks he's a healthy boy and had no NICU stay
  • I started having contractions around 32 weeks, spent a night in he hospital before they slowed and eventually stopped. I never got steroid shots, but I did end up having contractions on and off until I delivered. Only one other time around 37 weeks did they get strong enough for me to be admitted again. At 32 weeks I was 1-2 cm and 40-50 effaced. I ended up making it to 38 weeks. I was a good 4cm from 35 weeks on, and once labor started I had baby within 3 hours and we only made it to the hospital 45 min before he as born.
    All that being said, I would talk to your doctor and family about coming up with a plan to possibly move closer to your hospital starting around 35 weeks. My doctor has already said that with my next pregnancy I will be to be closer to the hospital

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Loading the player...
  • I was 70% effaced but not dilated at all with my first pregnancy. My midwife wasn't at all concerned but I was. Turns out I had an irritable uterus. I got the steroid shots and was on procardia till 35 weeks. My son came on his own at exactly 40 weeks. No idea if the precautions the dr took were necessary or not but I'm thankful that he stayed in as long as possible. I honestly wouldn't start panicking unless the contrations become more frequent or noticeably painful. You could be effaced for a while before you start to dilate
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Feeling so relieved and less stressed after reading the responses. I' had been on bed rest last 3 weeks after cervical stitch. Now resumed job, my doc has allowed this.
    But I'm really worried moving around is good for me at this stage at 30 weeks or bed rest can help my baby stay inside upto 40weeks ?
    I don't want to do anything that could possibly harm or force him out earlier than due.
  • I was in the same boat, I was 33 weeks expecting baby number6 I'm 35 as well, my Dr decided to keep me over night, I was given the two rounds of steroids and the shots I'm 34 weeks now and I'm currently being induced. I also took the precardia
  • I was 2cm and 80% when I got to hospital at 32 weeks. I was given two sets if steroid shots and put on mag. I was able to stay pregnant 4 days in the hospital before I delivered. We spent 4 weeks in nicu learning to eat and grow. I now have a healthy very active 4yr old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"