July 2012 Moms
Options

AW- Birth plan update

edited September 2014 in July 2012 Moms
So y'all know I was hoping for a VBAC, and after the version two weeks ago was cancelled when baby was head down, I was feeling good about things.  Started feeling a lot of anxiety Wednesday and Thursday; not really about anything in particular, I could just feel it in my chest like I couldn't breathe.  At Thursdays OB appointment I told her how bad I was feeling, and she prescribed me some anti-anxiety stuff to take the edge off.  Also, she felt and the baby is NO LONGER HEAD DOWN.  That little jerk flipped at some point in the last week, he's transverse again.  So no more plans for a VBAC; assuming nothing else happens, I'm going to go in on Sunday for a "scheduled"- C (they don't actually schedule on Sundays, but that's when my OB is on so she said I need to come in first thing Sunday morning pretending to be in labor and then she'll do it =))).  A little disappointed, but glad to be feeling better and have an end date on the calendar!  I'm done at the office, maternity leave officially begins on Monday  B-)  Off to the mall today for a badly needed haircut!

Re: AW- Birth plan update

• Options
    Sorry you're not getting to have a vbac. I know how badly you wanted one. I found my rcs to be easier than the first (and that one was also scheduled). It's much calmer when you walk in knowing you're going to have a baby and know what's going on. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks! From what I read sometimes babies are in a position because that is the one they need to be in (short chord, etc) so maybe there is a reason he wants to stay that way. I am glad you have a plan and will get to meet the new one soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I get where you are coming from with the anxiety. I swore up and down I wanted a VBAC this go around but I have already chickened out (although, I am higher risk due to complications with my last birth). I seem to have found relief in the idea that I know exactly what to expect and my biggest fear was going through labor again and having another emergency C-s and dealing with the feelings of guilt and shame (completely irrational, fellow C-s moms!) yet again. I think I have finally come to terms with my decision not to risk it for a VBAC and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

So I am really sorry the little guy is being stubborn, but I'm glad to hear you have a plan set up and your anxiety is down. Good luck and I'll be praying for a quick recovery and healthy baby!!

• Options
    Eep! Exciting and scary! Yay for a new squishy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    I'm sorry that things aren't going as you wanted. Good luck girl!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, ladies!  I will be sure to share photos as soon as I can!
  • Options
    Sorry baby turned, but like PP said, there might have been a medical reason that baby turned and that you were feeling anxious. Good luck on Sunday and I hope you have a smooth recovery. Can't wait to see a picture of your squishy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    So sorry you are not going to have the birth you wanted. From the way it sounds, it seems like your OB is more focused on doing a C because of convenience too? I hope baby really did turn and she is not just taking the easy road for her benefit. I hate being leery, but there are so many OBs that just would rather not do VBACs and find a reason to do the C. Good luck to you and I hope you have a great birth and a happy, healthy LO no matter how he gets here. Can't wait to see photos! :-)
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    My OB would never do a C for her own convenience. She and the facility in general is very supportive of VBACs, but of course you can't have one if the baby is upside down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"