April 2014 Moms
Options

Tired of people telling me how big I am

2»

Re: Tired of people telling me how big I am

• Options

My first PG women were accusing me of starving my baby because I was too small - I was right on track.

This PG every time my DH sees me without clothes he says "are you SURE you were this big last time?"  Really sets the mood...

Yesterday my C/W who has not been to this office for a few weeks literally yelled down the hall "Oh look, she's waddling."

And this PG I am measuring right on track again.

So bottom line, people just have no idea what a PG woman should look like at any point in their PG so they make stupid comments.  I told DH last time that if he makes any more comments about my size he will never see me without clothes again.  Hopefully that shuts him up!

• Options
    I hear "Are your sure you're not having twins??" on a daily basis.

Um...it's not 1850....I'm not just waiting around to see how many come out!  So....YEAH, I'm sure.  
    And yesterday a coworker said "I know you don't feel cute, but you look cute, I swear!"

Um...I DO feel cute.  I'm freaking adorable and who are you to assume I can't see it? LOL :-P

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My Aunt keeps insisting that I'm huge and *must* be due earlier than 04.13. it drives me crazy. But everyone else says I'm small and their shocked I'm due in April. Like PP's have said, they're dumb. You look awesome!
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    MissBridg said:
    I hear "Are your sure you're not having twins??" on a daily basis.

Um...it's not 1850....I'm not just waiting around to see how many come out!  So....YEAH, I'm sure.  
    And yesterday a coworker said "I know you don't feel cute, but you look cute, I swear!"

Um...I DO feel cute.  I'm freaking adorable and who are you to assume I can't see it? LOL :-P
    I feel super cute too! 
    image image

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I feel for you. My aunt said "I could tell you were pregnant before you did, your ass blew out so much. This also means you're having a girl", and just yesterday my sister commented on how my butt has indeed exploded. My BIL also stated "Your stomach is F***ing huge". SO tries to be nice, when I comment on how fat I feel now, he says "You're not fat, just pregnant".

Either way, you look fantastic! As my SO would say, you're not fat, just pregnant.

Delilah Noel
    4/25/14 12:41am

• Options

People have been giving me shit for looking too small... And I don't look small! But I have had people ask if the baby is getting enough food like I am starving him or myself! It's annoying either way. People need to learn to zip it. "You look great!" Is pretty much all that should come out of anyone's mouth even if you look like death! ;)

This exactly. I have short legs and a long torso so I'm not going straight out yet.
  • Options
    A "friend" recently told me the other day: ; wow, you have gotten so big!!" Yes you idiot. I'm pregnant!!!!!! The baby is growing!! That's what happens. Not so much of a friend, anymore..... :!! [-O<
  • Options
    britt33 said:
    I get the opposite...everyone in the world is like "I can't hardly tell your pregnant..." or "I wouldn't have guessed your so far along"  I'm like...at nearly 30 weeks is that supposed to be a compliment, or did you just think I look like I got REALLLY fat only in my stomach? 
    ^^this exactly^^ So annoying when ppl say "oh wow! I didn't realize you were pregnant! You don't look 30 wks!" I think you look pretty much where you're at. Don't let em bug ya.
    I have this issue. I'm 5'9" and curvy so my LO has LOTS of room in there....which also means  my bump is not huge. Everyone is surprised when I say i'm third tri....i think it's just funny because my bump is all low and in front so clearly not a beer gut. I always want to ask what they thought it was if I don't look "that" pregnant lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ppl are just extremely stupid and seem to not realize that after 6 months the baby takes space.  I've had all the comments from you're so big to I can hardly tell you're pregnant.  I mostly ignore them because I'm fine with the amount of weight I've gained.  

I also try very, very hard not to comment on pregnant women's weight gain as I know how much it can mess with your head.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• Options
    I also think a lot of people don't really know what a 9 month pregnant woman looks like. I mean, before I had close friends having babies I probably would've looked at myself now (29 weeks) and thought "that lady is going to pop any minute!" Men especially seem to be clueless about it and uncertain on what to say. I just try to keep in mind the source. If it's one of my guy buddies with no sisters that says "whoa! You got huge!" it really doesn't bother me, because I know how he means it and I know that he's totally clueless on what pregnant women look like haha.
  • Options
    I'm at 15 weeks, and I have hardly gained any weight (maybe 1 or 2 pounds). I do feel extra chubby from feeling bloated more often, but I don't think I'm actually showing much at all, and I had a woman today say, "Wow if your showing that much at 15 weeks you're going to be waddling around like a penguin by the end of your pregnancy!" (she also performed a lovely visual demonstration of her idea of a gigantic pregnant penguin) I was shocked. Why on earth would someone say that to any pregnant woman? I know she meant it as a joke, and I guess I'm just being too sensitive but it felt like she was calling me a whale. So I feel your pain.  
  • Options
    Zombie...
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    @aframe77‌, I think you meant to go to A15. ^^;; *hug*

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    Haha sorry guys, google did me wrong;)

• Options
    You leave me and my self-conscious huggles alone, Aca! XD

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
This discussion has been closed.