Preemies
Options

iv issues

OK so my 33 weeker is doing well all things considered. He's off cpap, finished phototherapy & on hi flow at room air. He's not being fed currently not tolerating it & has iv issues. They've now tried picc line 6 times and failed. There is one in umbilical cord area but it won't last. There are more invasive option but they only expect him to be there 3 more weeks at most possibly 2. He blows ivs in 12 hours easily. Anyone have these issues. It's so frustrating. Even his brady are getting further and further apart. They are supposed to try feeds again but are discussing options. I'm not sure what that will mean. Any experiences? To top it all off an older child broke their arm yesterday.
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: iv issues

• Options
    One of my boys ended up a couple times with the IV in his head. It looks awful but it's easier for them to get and maintain than repeatedly trying to stick the arm/hand/leg etc.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    We also had IV in the head in the NICU. The nurses blew six veins trying to get it in before trying...I had to leave after the second one bc I was ready to punch that nurse!

Along with being easier to put in, it's messed with less bc they can't move it like an arm/leg,
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They tried that it also blew.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Pretty much every place you can put an iv has failed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"