Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Day 3: My milk is coming in. Our loss story. *Trigger*

I'm not sure if we're allowed to share our stories here? Please remove if not as I don't want to be insensitive. My story is below.

My milk is coming in today and that makes my loss seem much more difficult and real today so I had to reach out for support.

My original due date was January 3, 2015.

Our daughter Rose Naimia was born August 31 at 8:59pm and passed away peacefully in our arms two hours later. I was 22 weeks, 1 day pregnant. She weighed exactly 1 pound and was 9" long. Her name means comfort, happiness, tranquility, and peace. She was a little gift for us as our second child.

Pregnancy complications included a subchorionic hemmorage at 11 weeks, frequent bleeding due to placenta previa, bed rest, then strong, frequent contractions nightly for a week preceding her birth. I was given Procardia pills to stop the contractions but on Sunday night they did not work and labor progressed. My water broke at the hospital and there was nothing more we could do to try and stop it. Our care was respectful and excellent and we had the best case scenario out of a worst case experience.

Re: Day 3: My milk is coming in. Our loss story. *Trigger*

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss of sweet little Rose. What a beautiful name! No one wants to join this group but please know that we are here whenever you need us. These ladies have helped me through some of the worst days since the loss of our son. ((Hugs)).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  It is difficult to see the evidence of being a mother (your milk) with no baby to hold, I'm glad that you found our board to give support.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are more than welcome to share your story here.  I am so sorry for your loss of your beautiful Rose.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
                                        motheringcarolinegrace.wordpress.com

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. You are not alone here. My prayers are with you.
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Rose. Sending thoughs and prayers your way.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies. It feels good to share. Totally hard to have milk and no baby to nurse. Is it also normal to feel panicked that I still look pregnant and don't want to? I have a belly band from my first but it's too large for my size now so I may order a new one. I guess reality set in today. Hugs to you all for your thoughts. Thank you.
  • Options
    shandorfml2shandorfml2 member
    edited September 2014
    *****siggy I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Rose ((((hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    ***ticker***

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet daughter Rose. It is hard to have the physical reminders of our loss such as our post partum bodies and the milk coming in. Its like a slap in the face, an insult to injury. I remember wrestling with myself: do I pump and donate in her memory, or just let things dry up. I couldn't stand to be reminded and so chose to dry it up. But seeing those milk droplets tore my heart apart as breastfeeding was something I was looking forward to. 

Please lean in to us as much as you would like. We hate being the club no one wants to join, but there is a great group of ladies here.  
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Mel&John2013Mel&John2013 member
    edited September 2014
    ****siggy warning

I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet baby Rose. Such a beautiful name. 
  • Options
    *siggy warning*

I'm sorry for the loss of sweet Rose Naimia, what a beautiful name. 

Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby, Rose.

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    ***SIGGY***

Thank you for sharing your story of your sweet Rose; I'm so sorry for your loss. Like someone else said, it's a huge slap in the face to still feel the after-effects of birth (milk coming in, body still looking pregnant) with no baby to bring home. I felt panicked for weeks after losing my son, but I just bought bigger sizes of normal clothes instead of just wearing my maternity clothes around until I could get back into my normal clothes. It was too hard to even look at my maternity clothes for awhile after his loss.

I'm so sorry to welcome you here. I hope that we can be here for you as much as you need us. *hugs*

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  Rose is a beautiful name, and I'm sure she was a beautiful baby.  Thank you for sharing your story.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    Thank you all so much. What a relief it is just to post my feelings and know you all understand.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I love the name you chose for her - Rose Naima and the meaning behind it is just beautiful. It is so hard when your milk is coming in after the loss - I hope you are doing better soon. ((hugs))
  • Options
    Words can not express the emotions and hugs I wish I could share with you about the loss of your little Rose, I lost my son on July 24th at 14 weeks my Due date was 1/15, my milk came in after they induced labor. I know how hard it is to feel that physical effects on top of the emotional and I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending some prayers up for you and your family. I hope that all the physical effects don't carry on to long and anytime you want to message me feel free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"