Minnesota Babies

Reccomend OBs that deliver at Maple Grove Hospital!

Mrs.Erin&TazMrs.Erin&Taz member
edited September 2014 in Minnesota Babies
Who do you use that delivers at MG Hospital? What has your experience with the office been like?

Re: Reccomend OBs that deliver at Maple Grove Hospital!

• Park Nicollet Womens Services has a great group of ladies who deliver at MG. I LOVE the office and all of the staff there. They are located in the hospital. I am on my 2nd pregnancy with them and wouldn't go anywhere else.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I delivered my first with Park Nicollet at Maple Grove as well. I liked all the OBs that I met including my designated doc. The only bummer was I had an on-call male doc for the bulk of my delivery and we did not mesh. Otherwise, it was a great experience. I'm bummed I'm moving to the other side of town, because it won't work to deliver my next child there (whenever that happens).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Oakdale Ob/Gyn's Maple Grove office (attached to the hospital) and really like them.  I'm on my third pregnancy with them and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to get in, and I've met all of the doctors and nurse practitioners and haven't had a bad experience yet.  
  • I used Oakdale OB/GYN with my first pregnancy that ended in a m/c and they did my D&C, they delivered my second pregnancy at Maple Grove Hospital, and they have been wonderful for all three experiences so far.  You don't know which doctor will be on-call when you deliver so I try to see all of them with routine appointments.  So far I have liked everyone I have met.

BFP#1 8/24/11, EDD 5/5/12, D&C 10/24/11 due to missed m/c

BFP #2 2/1/12, EDD 10/11/12.  Baby arrived 10/9/12

BFP #3 5/6/14, EDD 1/14/15

• I used Fairview in Brooklyn Park. I had never seen the doctor who delivered DS1 but she was excellent. 

• @kare00bear‌ and @luvinlifeMN‌: I have my first (8 week) appointment at Oakdale next week! Do you remember what all they did at your first appointment, such as bloodwork, ultrasound, listen for heartbeat, etc., and about how long your appointment was? Just curious as to what to expect since this is my first and all clinics are different! Thanks!
  • I've gone through Park Nicollet with my first and am again now with my 2nd. I really like all the Dr's as well as the nursing staff. I would highly recommend them to anyone
  • I started using Alina health my first few weeks (took forever to see a nurse for my first ob appointment) so I switched to fairview in MG and they are not awesome!! The best part is that I can go to the bp location and still be in MG hospital for delivery
  • The OBs at Multicare Associates do.
  • estarzestarz member
    I see docs at North Clinic Maple Grove which is also attached to the MG Hospital. I'm going in for my 20 week appointment on Monday and have had great experiences so far!
  • I use Fairview Clinics Brooklyn Park and will be delivering at Maple Grove Hospital. I've always gotten in within 5 minutes of my appt time. I like both the nurses and my OB there, who always respond to any email inquiries that I may have. I can also see my OB at various Fairview Clinic locations, which is convenient.
  • I delivered at MG hospital with my daughter in '13 and the staff was absolutely amazing. Everyone was kind and paid attention to my request. My husband would even ask for things and no one questioned who he was and just jumped in to help. The hospital is beautiful and was clean 99% of the time. Rooms for delivery were nice and spacious. Overall experience would be a 9/10
  • Fair view clinics deliver there as well
  • wille2b said:

Park Nicollet Womens Services has a great group of ladies who deliver at MG. I LOVE the office and all of the staff there. They are located in the hospital. I am on my 2nd pregnancy with them and wouldn't go anywhere else.

That's so good to hear!! I chose them mainly based on location and health insurance provider! I have my first appointment with them in a couple weeks!
  • My OB is at Multicare Associates in Blaine and Fridley, and they deliver at Maple Grove and are lovely folks!