January 2014 Moms
Options

Halloween

So has anyone decided and or purchased LOs Halloween costume?

What are your plans for Halloween? I know, I know they can't do much, but it's still fun to dress them up :)
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: Halloween

• Options
    My son is going to be Michealangelo from the ninja turtles.
    Probably just stop by and show his costume to his grandma and grandpa.
  • Options
    I got dd a strawberry costume from Carter's. It's totally adorable! I am not positive of my plans, i may go out trick our treating with my niece and nephew. I am torn though. The house we bought is in a huge neighborhood and I am sure there will be tons our trick our treaters. Call me lame, but this is the one thing I have really look forward to about owning my own home... putting up decorations and passing out candy. :)
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor DD will have recycled costumes from her big brother...monkey this yr and skunk next yr....DS will be a pirate. Got it at a huge consignment sale with the tags still on for $5...he watches Jake and the never land pirates, so he won't mind it. Even though Lightning McQueen would be his dream. Maybe next yr.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    DD got a cat costume as a gift at the shower so I'll just put her in that. I also bought her a "my first Halloween" onesie.

As for plans, we will probably visit my moms daycare and visit grandparents.

• Options
    DS is going to be Peter Pan and I'll be tinkerbell. I think we'll stick to handing candy out at our new house until his bedtime.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    We are all three going to be minions from despicable me. My mom is crocheting hats for us I'm so excited for Halloween! I love decorating and usually do a party too but I think this year we will keep it mellow and just hand out candy.
  • Options
    They'll probably be luke and leia from Star Wars. My husband is dying for that to be their costume. As for plans, my husband is in the coast guard and I suggested to our unit ombudsman that the unit have some kind of party for the kids because a lot of us have children too young to trick or treat and she has really run with it. It's now turned into a trip to a pumpkin farm and a party with crafts and candy an everything. I'm super excited!!

imageimage

• Options
    DD is getting a Merida dress for her birthday and will wear that. DS is getting a fox outfit from my mom and will probably wear that.

We will carve pumpkins. Each week in October the city is putting on a different event so we will try to go to those. The events are Itty Bitty Monster Bash, GAIN Night (local FD and PD bring out their vehicles for kids to check out and hand out candy, books, etc), and a safety thing. The week before Halloween the zoo does Boo at the Zoo where the kids get to dress up and do different activities so we will go to that. On Halloween we will go to a trunk or treat. I like holidays and hate sitting at home.
  • Options
    I want to dress Abby up as a butterfly (her nursery theme). Something simple like a white onsie with wings and. Headband antennae. It is still so hot down here for Halloween. And we will hand out candy. My neighborhood is huge and this year it is on a Friday. We usually go through 6 Costco bags of candy. (So like $90 worth!!!) before shutting down for the night. We usually don't make it until the end. The whole neighborhood sits outside and bbqs and hands out candy. If you sat inside, no one comes to the door.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Roses87 said:
    I got dd a strawberry costume from Carter's. It's totally adorable! I am not positive of my plans, i may go out trick our treating with my niece and nephew. I am torn though. The house we bought is in a huge neighborhood and I am sure there will be tons our trick our treaters. Call me lame, but this is the one thing I have really look forward to about owning my own home... putting up decorations and passing out candy. :)
    I just saw that costume and think I will go back and buy it. So cute!

• Options
    DS is a lion and DD is a flower - I got both at consignment sale.  We will go trick or treating because DS is old enough to know what it is and enjoy it.  When he was a baby we just went to the grandparents and a few neigbors.  Last year we did one block.  Not sure yet how far we will go this year. 

• Options
    I can't decide between making a scarecrow costume or dressing him as a mechanic.  Probably mechanic since he already has the coveralls and all I'll do is give him a wrench to play with.  I don't know if we will even do anything besides take pictures.  We might visit a couple of friends houses but we don't have any family to show him off to out here and doing a traditional block thing with a little baby seems a little like candy grabbing for the parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    DS will be Harry Potter and DD will be his owl Hedwig. Her costume is from PB. DH insisted we get it. Super cute!

• Options
    DD will be a lady bug. I think DS wants to be a pirate or a superhero! Depending on his mood

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a fire fighter that DS1 wore for his first halloween that should fit DS2 still in October.  I am going simple with him because I have a robot and a chicken to costume...

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    A friend who is Disney-obsessed got DD a Cinderella dress, so we'll dress her up in that for photos. 

H has a work event near where his dad lives the week before, so DD and I will travel with him and we'll go stay with his dad and step mom for the weekend (in the city where H went to high school). Grampa and Gramma are going to babysit so we can go to his friend's house party! I'm a little nervous, I haven't left DD for more than a couple of hours up until now, and I feel really out of practice socializing with big groups of people I don't know! Hopefully I'll enjoy myself. I know H is excited to catch up with high school friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"