September 2013 Moms

Teeth Grinding

DD has been grinding her teeth. She has 4, 2 top and 2 bottom.

Anyone's LO doing the same?
Should I try to stop her? How?
Anything to worry about?

Re: Teeth Grinding

• Mines done this with her teeth when her first few were coming in. I would try and distract her and get her to stop but it never worked. I figured it probably was helping her relieve the pain of teething. The sound drove me crazy more than anything.

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Following-Mine is doing this now as well. It drives me nuts. I planned to ask her pediatrician about it at her 1 year appt.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD did it as well. Worse. Sound. Ever. She started around 5-6 months when the top 2 teeth came in but I can't really think of when it was that she stopped. I think most babies do it at some point and eventually stop on their own. PPs advice on a distracting chewy sounds like the best route.
  • MeganbrynMeganbryn member
    edited September 2014
    Ugh dd does this too!! She started doing it two weeks ago when she got a bunch of top teeth in. Always in the morning when she wakes up, the sound drives me up the wall.
  • DS does this.  His bottom front 2 teeth came in first.  Then as soon as his top 2 had come down alittle he started grinding.  I did not even think the top 2 were down enough to grind into the bottom ones! I was planning on asking his pedi at his 1 year appointment.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • LO did this for a while and it's finally slowing down... FINALLY! I read somewhere (Maybe here?) that they do it for attention?...of course I have no idea if this is true. I'm just glad it's over with. The sound is truly horrible. 
  • I was JUST about to post about this and saw the post. Baby gal did not have any teeth till recently and now she has 5 (yes 5) cutting through up top and 2 below. She likes to do things the non traditional way. But she's been grinding her teeth and it makes my skin crawl - most awful noise ever. I've tried to distract her and even give her a paci to help avoid the noise. Hope she grows out of it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"