Preemies

Diapers

So I have this whole stash of nb cloth diapers... but obviously with LO just shy of 4lbs (and coming home at that mark) They're not going to fit her! We looked around in the stores around here, and apparently no one carries preemie diapers in this town, so I'll have to order them online. Here's my question, does anyone have any suggestions on what brands they like the best? She's in huggies right now (what the hospital has) and they still don't seem to fit her right.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Re: Diapers

• Pampers fit LO best and longer than huggies. Huggies seemed on the small side.

as a side note my LO was about 4 lbs when she came home, she fit in a prefold and a bummis super bright cover or a rump a rooz newborn cover. Around her second week home (about 5ish lbs) she started fitting into the pockets and now at 4 weeks old and 6 lbs she can fit into her all in ones.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Pampers fit LO best and longer than huggies. Huggies seemed on the small side. as a side note my LO was about 4 lbs when she came home, she fit in a prefold and a bummis super bright cover or a rump a rooz newborn cover. Around her second week home (about 5ish lbs) she started fitting into the pockets and now at 4 weeks old and 6 lbs she can fit into her all in ones.
    oooh hmmm I wonder then. I just assumed since EVERYTHING we have is WAY too big on her, that the diapers MUST be too big. I guess there's one way to find out! We have nb prefold and bummis/rumparoos nb covers so I guess once she comes home I'll find out!

• Loading the player...
  • Ditto on the Pampers. A friend gave me some of the Huggies preemie size and I didn't like the fit.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• We use pampers baby dry only. All other disposables gave all my kids a rash. Even regular wipes give my kids a rash (we just use wet paper towels).

• Another vote for Pampers! Their preemie size fit DS well.

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• We loved the Pampers. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Newborn cloth diapers fit for about a day for many term babies.  Try them on your preemie.  We were able to get them to work by the time the hospital stash was gone and M was just under 5 lbs when she came home.
  • Ditto pp's about pampers. Ds came home at just over 4 lbs and I think we only bought one pack of preemie diapers and he was bf and pooped all the time!!! Good luck!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• DS 's pamper premies fit him well with just a small fold down. He is 4lbs 5oz,

image image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Pampers for sure. Huggies never fit right and really still don't at almost 2. They are too big in the leg around and they always peed out. I didn't find a huge difference between preemie pampers and nb pampers. We just folded down the tops of the nb ones for a while till they gained enough to fit. My scn never sent home any for us so we bought our own. Mine came home and 4lbs and 5lbs.

• Bummis super brite and Rumparooz NB covers worked for us too. She came home at 5 lbs 13 oz, but they would have fit her if she were smaller still.

• ah sorry it took me a while to get back... newborn calls. lol But we've been using pampers nb diapers for a bit. She's still too small for the cloth diapers but the pampers are working great. I had to use a huggies nb when out at the LC (some reason that's just what we had in the bag) and she totally peed out the side later on. I'm thinking she'll fit just fine in the cloth diapers pretty soon (if not already) Thanks for all the advice!

• I'm the odd man out. I've always preferred Huggies. I just think they are nicer. My daughter could wear any diaper so my opinion isn't based on leaking or anything like that.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We loved the Pampers preemies diapers.  They used Huggies preemies in the hospital (and we used up the couple of packages they sent us home with), but I started buying Pampers and they were fantastic.
    In fact, we stayed a Pampers family until we started using Pull-Ups.  The Pampers brand (Easy Ups) were not as good as the Huggies Pull-Ups.  :)
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"